You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

14 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I’m shopping in the wrong supermarkets. 

Big Tesco’s have a pretty decent range.

A big M&S as well will have a really good range, which is surprising as the work with a company called Real Ale that have three shops down here. Their buyer is terrible, their range is all over the place and their price points make no fucking sense. No idea how they got in to bed with M&S, but they seem to be getting it right for them.

I had an agreement with my wife that if a hybrid beer shop/bar didn’t open within our area before jan 2017 I was going to set one up as the area was primed for it. The shit show above opened in the November before and it still annoys me to this day. If the shop had been good I wouldn’t have cared, but the fact it’s shite and seems to be piggybacking on craft beer really grates. 

I knew you were gonna say Tesco. 
I’m on a self imposed Tesco ban after they tried to kill my dad*

*His wagon went over a flyover on the A55 and he landed on the roundabout at St Asaph during a cold spell one winter. The store in Holyhead specifically said not to send any drivers out but the cunts sent him out anyway. 

I digress...

Brew dog have started up their own subscription service. It has a few guests per month and their own. 

sign up and get the first 8 beers for free and you just pay the p&p. ItS normally about £20 plus p&p. You can cancel and are under no obligation to continue 

http://bit.ly/2QFxtUv

There’s been a queue but it seems to have died down. I’ve bagged mine and will cancel later 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What's Corona like without lime? I need some bottles and usually get Sol as my go to, backup easy drinking pour. Supermarket supplies are limited at best. Bud or Peroni or bust.

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/pacifico-clara-mega-pack-24-beers

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/augustiner-helles-lager-multi-pack-12-beers

• Upvote 1

So, it’s my birthday tomorrow and my month long abstinence is coming to an end....

This order has just been stuck in for collection, along with a few other things, a Mills and a rare Cantillon I got this week, and I intend to spend the weekend looking like a Hogarthian depiction of regal inebriation.

C14244A7-6DC6-483F-BD87-0DBF83EAAFE0.png

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So, it’s my birthday tomorrow and my month long abstinence is coming to an end....

This order has just been stuck in for collection, along with a few other things, a Mills and a rare Cantillon I got this week, and I intend to spend the weekend looking like a depiction of regal inebriation.

C14244A7-6DC6-483F-BD87-0DBF83EAAFE0.png

Back off the wagon!

I haven't tried the new Westmalle yet, I hope it is like Chimay Gold.  I've had both those Cloudwaters - very good as you would expect.

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Back off the wagon!

I haven't tried the new Westmalle yet, I hope it is like Chimay Gold.  I've had both those Cloudwaters - very good as you would expect.

The Westmalle is normally only available for the Abbey, but, I assume due to no customers because of the plague, they're selling it commercially.

One good thing I supoose...

55 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Friday, 3rd week of beer on a bench on Hove seafront 

magic

64D8A6F1-0FA2-442A-8C32-09208B2B556F.jpeg

I fucking hate the Kernel, not for their beers but for a chance incident in a bar in Stockholm. 

Went to the best beer bar in Sweden for a day tasting all the best Sweden/Scandinavia had to offer to be greater by a fucking Kernel take over. I can pretty much reach out of my window and grab a Kernel as it’s so ubiquitous in London

Every fucking tap!!!

So pissed off. Told the bar staff and ended up on a great  night out with them.

91691537-AD44-47B7-AFD6-4173826CF10E.jpeg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I fucking hate the Kernel, not for their beers but for a chance incident in a bar in Stockholm. 

Went to the best beer bar in Sweden for a day tasting all the best Sweden/Scandinavia had to offer to be greater by a fucking Kernel take over. I can pretty much reach out of my window and grab a Kernel as it’s so ubiquitous in London

Every fucking tap!!!

So pissed off. Told the bar staff and ended up on a great  night out with them.

91691537-AD44-47B7-AFD6-4173826CF10E.jpeg

Haha, that would piss me off no end.

I hardly ever drink their stuff. It’s really good, I just never seem to bother. But I had other stuff to do, so needed something lowish abv and chilled from the bottle shop. 

actually really enjoyed that bottle. I forgot how solid they are. Must get them more often

Just now, RJ Fan club said:

Haha, that would piss me off no end.

I hardly ever drink their stuff. It’s really good, I just never seem to bother. But I had other stuff to do, so needed something lowish abv and chilled from the bottle shop. 

actually really enjoyed that bottle. I forgot how solid they are. Must get them more often

I genuinely think it’s their branding, their beers are great but I very rarely buy them.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I genuinely think it’s their branding, their beers are great but I very rarely buy them.

Like Unbarred in Brighton everywhere, but don’t tend to bother. Doesn’t appeal. 

Funnily enough I also got 2l of their draft today. £10 for 2l, free local delivery. Cheers

8E6F36BF-A401-4ED8-B2AC-6AEEFF3A96C0.jpeg

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Same here, just never think, "oh what have Kernel got out at the moment?"

Had these during the week:

IMG_20210320_161317.jpg

The Frontaal and Newbarns are exceptional.

Had these last night:

IMG_20210326_165407.jpg

More aceness from Deya.

And have these for tonight (and I was supposed to be cutting down...)

IMG_20210327_090450.jpg

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Tonight's selection. Happy end of term. 

IMG-20210326-WA0003.jpeg

Did you get any of them from the vale? He seems to be doing alright. He had loads of that 4Ts brewery in last time I was in and loads of little session strength tiny rebels. I'm not really interested in session beers and 4Ts I've had 2 of their beers and think they're pretty terrible, so I only got a couple of cans - but it didn't matter too much as I got a load from caps and taps from a discount link posted on here. In fact I need to do more drinking and less buying as I've got too much at the moment.