You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

18 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

How do you find Brut style? I’ve only had one of them, Brew Dog Rambling Man, and it wasn’t great if I’m honest.

Swedish Wash is amazing, I buy it every year.

It’s a little sweeter/dryer than most beer, but I suppose like lambics etc you’re not expecting a ‘beer’ you’re getting something a bit weird. Brut tend to be really good, not had the BD so I don’t know what that’s like.

I really like Brut style beers usually.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

First Cloudwater order, I enjoyed the Brewdog collaboration so looking forward to trying.

6F80A9B3-6F70-4052-BE74-AE76AC1198B5.jpeg

02A2E6D7-556D-4112-82A6-5FB68EF1B85E.jpeg

25 minutes ago, joeyk said:

Superb brewery Cloudwater. 

Sign up to the news letter and you get a ‘secret shop’ this weeks is Trillium and a few other collaborations/new stuff.

Well worth doing as they always sell out really quickly a rarely make it to online shop.

Its always released on a Thursday around 12.

Scroll to the bottom of here...

https://shop.cloudwaterbrew.co/

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Sign up to the news letter and you get a ‘secret shop’ this weeks is Trillium and a few other collaborations/new stuff.

Well worth doing as they always sell out really quickly a rarely make it to online shop.

Its always released on a Thursday around 12.

Scroll to the bottom of here...

https://shop.cloudwaterbrew.co/

Cheers, I subscribed when I registered the other week.

• Upvote 1

On 28/02/2021 at 20:03, TheBitch said:

Wonderful stuff. 

E175733C-4EFC-4A62-B0CD-AB7A2C1B0362.jpeg

AAECB657-4FEF-4E20-B148-E76735BE8E3F.jpeg

I had both of them watching the match last night. 

On 28/02/2021 at 20:08, paddyberger said:

Perfect Storm definitely my favourite out my order so far. The For Fig’s Sake was really good, just tucking into the 15 Mile Round Trip, packs a punch but a very agreeable DIPA. 

Perfect storm is great. My favourite has been the Gweilo Seeker DIPA. 15 mile round trip I really love too, right up my street. It's my favourite beer you can buy in the supermarket. 

On 28/02/2021 at 21:46, paddyberger said:

How do you find Brut style? I’ve only had one of them, Brew Dog Rambling Man, and it wasn’t great if I’m honest.

I love a Brut IPA. But in my opinion the skill from the brewer is to be very careful in the use of the hops. Because it's properly dried out and strong, they need to be careful not to use too many early addition hops and make it too bitter and I think they work best with citrus or tropical flavoured hops (tropical best for me), earthy or resinous hops just don't work.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, paddyberger said:

That Chubbles hit the spot, enjoyed that, really nice.

There is a lot of buzz about in various craft groups etc.as there was for previous issues. 

I went to my local independent a couple weeks ago and let me know he’d had a delivery not 5 mins ago. Had the Chubbles TIPA too, was tempted but decided I didn’t need an 11%er that weekend 

sounds immense though 

Tesco have got a new range coming out, Sainsbury’s have been upping their game recently (not saying much from their low starting base)

The BBNo from Sainos is decent.

Of the tesco new range I could only get the Salt Huckaback which was decent. £2.40 for a 440ml can. Apparently they are going to do a 4pk for about £8 on some beers.

In addition of those Tesco are adding I like the look of The London Beer factory - Jungle Trip, Vocation- TrHopIcal, Northern Monk - Faith in Futures all look decent. Admittedly I’m not a big stout or Porter fan.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RJ Fan club said:

Tesco have got a new range coming out, Sainsbury’s have been upping their game recently (not saying much from their low starting base)

The BBNo from Sainos is decent.

Of the tesco new range I could only get the Salt Huckaback which was decent. £2.40 for a 440ml can. Apparently they are going to do a 4pk for about £8 on some beers.

In addition of those Tesco are adding I like the look of The London Beer factory - Jungle Trip, Vocation- TrHopIcal, Northern Monk - Faith in Futures all look decent. Admittedly I’m not a big stout or Porter fan.  

Last time I went to Tesco i got half a dozen cans I hadn't before. I'm starting to get the same with stout and porter, certainly where craft is concerned. They're all getting a bit too much like a tiramisu rather than a beer and while they're ok, it becomes a little boring. I haven't bought a stout for a while, but I've half a dozen here. 

As for Sainsbury's, every time a go it's fucking shit! Maybe it's my local one. Someone on here mentioned some decent at Lidl, I walked up to the one near mine yesterday, but it was just the 3 they had last time I went which must have been last summer. 

I walked to the shop in Walton Vale again yesterday. They've added another load of beers, so I've come home with another dozen cans, about 8 of them new and the others some of the ones I have had and enjoyed before. 

I had my worst craft beer ever today. (Plenty of good ones too). It's one I picked up from.walton vale yesterday from a Warrington brewery. It tasted like a sour ( I wonder what they did with it) it was meant to be a NEIPA with juicy and tropical flavours. It was that bad, I had to swill it down the sink. I've left bad pints when I'm out before. But never done that with any beer at home! 

I've another can here from the same brewery, I can't try it..

IMG_20210307_175516.jpg

12 hours ago, RedKnight said:

We've come a long way since the first page of this thread espoused the virtues of Corona, San Miguel, Peroni and Miller.

I still really like Peroni, that and Estrella and my go to lagers as I haven't seen a Kirin Ichiban for years. 

On 07/03/2021 at 17:55, Barrington Womble said:

I had my worst craft beer ever today. (Plenty of good ones too). It's one I picked up from.walton vale yesterday from a Warrington brewery. It tasted like a sour ( I wonder what they did with it) it was meant to be a NEIPA with juicy and tropical flavours. It was that bad, I had to swill it down the sink. I've left bad pints when I'm out before. But never done that with any beer at home! 

I've another can here from the same brewery, I can't try it..

IMG_20210307_175516.jpg

The can design looks awful too.  I had an Aldi IPL the other day and that was rank - straight down the sink!

Desperately trying not to have any of these tonight:

IMG_20210309_163746.jpg

• Upvote 1