You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

I went into that new craft off license on Walton Vale the other day and picked these up. There's not a great range in there. The shop is pretty small, cans just down the one side (the rest is wine and spirits) and about 1/3 of his cans were from Neptune who are only round the corner and I go to anyway. But it's all better than what was here before, which was a butty shop. 

I also got a few of these recently too, it's right up my street, I love a Brut IPA and they got this pretty spot on. 

IMG_20210128_154734.jpg

IMG_20210128_085749.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’m not normally a stout drinker, but I couldn’t refuse based on the name alone...

8DED7457-6525-40F4-92B2-53D23B2668AA.jpeg

Looking forward to the Verdant next weekend.

I normally cycle to The Experiment in Hackney and pick up their new releases, but couldn’t get there yesterday.

Love the experiment. Massive fan of pressure drop in general. 

still can’t crack the stouts though. Just don’t fancy it enough

43 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Use the code MEGA30 for £11 off, making it £24 for 24 cans rather than £35.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ipa-and-pale-ale-mixed-mega-pack-24-beers-ps24-3663068

I reckon most of those cans are available in the supermarket on 4 for £6, so effectively the same price. Perhaps maybe not that tiny rebel one, I don't think I've seen that - but it could be I'm not paying attention as I tend not to look at the session beers.

48 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Use the code MEGA30 for £11 off, making it £24 for 24 cans rather than £35.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ipa-and-pale-ale-mixed-mega-pack-24-beers-ps24-3663068

Was umming and erring over this or the beer52 Melbourne pack. Going to see if I can get away with both. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon most of those cans are available in the supermarket on 4 for £6, so effectively the same price. Perhaps maybe not that tiny rebel one, I don't think I've seen that - but it could be I'm not paying attention as I tend not to look at the session beers.

It's £1 a can mate after discount. Delivered as well, for lazy cunts like me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Was umming and erring over this or the beer52 Melbourne pack. Going to see if I can get away with both. 

It's £1 a can mate after discount. Delivered as well, for lazy cunts like me. 

Shit, dunno why, I had it in my head somehow when I read it, it was 12 cans! Haha. Fucking Sunday morning! 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Tiny Rebel beers are available in Sainsbury's, including that one.

On 07/02/2021 at 10:21, Bruce Spanner said:

Really looking forward to the Polly's Quad, it's in a shop waiting to be picked up.

Some solid stuff, Big Man!

I've been drinking Other Half all weekend, lovely stuff.

I've had that, it is really fucking good.

Currently drinking this bad boy, certainly warming me up at 15.4%.  Sort of slipped off my drinking only on match days...

IMG_20210212_160413.jpg

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I had quite a few crackers yesterday .... As well as some less good ones. The sgt peppermint was a bit too weird for me, like drinking after 8s. 

IMG_20210213_232009.jpg

IMG_20210213_222505.jpg

IMG_20210213_191805.jpg

IMG_20210213_154033.jpg

IMG_20210213_134228.jpg

IMG_20210213_151726.jpg

Did you get them from the Aintree beer shop? They tried to get me to buy that Peppermint one but its not for me. The anarchy brew ones are all good. 

7 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Did you get them from the Aintree beer shop? They tried to get me to buy that Peppermint one but its not for me. The anarchy brew ones are all good. 

I got the anarchy and the peppermint ones from there. The others are from the vocation website. The peppermint I think would be good for sharing half a can with someone. I like a sweet stout, but that was too much for me, at least the full can was - I'd have enjoyed it smaller. 

That shop is alright of you're just after a few, but I don't think I'll go there too much as there's not a lot of choice. I think I'm more likely to shop online. 

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I got the anarchy and the peppermint ones from there. The others are from the vocation website. The peppermint I think would be good for sharing half a can with someone. I like a sweet stout, but that was too much for me, at least the full can was - I'd have enjoyed it smaller. 

That shop is alright of you're just after a few, but I don't think I'll go there too much as there's not a lot of choice. I think I'm more likely to shop online. 

Yeah, it's only small but seems to have good rotation of breweries. They've got a loyalty card now so you can earn a glass or something. I usually go and get 4 or 5 from them if I see on their insta they've got something new in