You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Happy Friday, hero’s! 

798007D7-5AF2-4A33-B187-2C9343649B11.jpeg

I’ve got loads of stuff arriving this week/next week.

Very exciting! 

I've just had a delivery from Brew Republic, not sure what's in it yet but it is the premium box. The last one I had two months ago was rather splendid.

22 minutes ago, Remmie said:

If you like beer with a rough finish, very sour and bitter then it might be up your street

I recently drank a sour pale ale and it was disgusting. I still have one in the fridge and I'm not sure what to do with it as it will probably be disgusting too.

On 17/01/2021 at 17:06, Bruce Spanner said:

Get a pic up and give us a review!

I've finally opened the box, presented with a Happy New Year letter and that the box is heavier than usual as they have sent two extra beers free as a 2021 gesture of goodwill. Class.

First beer out of the box...

abc_juice_springsteen.png

Amongst a load of stuff I had last night, I had this. I'd been really looking forward to it, but it was really disappointing.if wasn't terrible, it just wasn't great. For a matured beer I was expecting it to be really smooth, but it was just too harsh for me.

On the pleasant side, I had an Double NEIPA from Buxton which was really good called king slayer. I'm not usually a fan of Buxton beers, but this was a belter. Available from Tesco. 

IMG_20210121_235636.jpg

I had two of the Juice Springsteen IPAs, very nice/ I think they must have been the two free beers as it's quite unusual to load up two of the same beers.

Next one is this...

siren-craft-brew-siren-craft-brew-scene-

33 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Any good? Tempted to go for the special offer they have going 

The ones I’ve had so far would be good in the summer. I used it to really like loads on the Beer52 site but I’ve had most of the NEIPA’s and they use the same brewery’s all the time. 

Might try another site for a change. 

Fuck You Brewdog  ...absolute Tory Brexiter pricks

So , this 4 free beers was £20 Fucking Sterling to deliver to NI , within the fucking UK !! and not available to us Irish gobshites that have memberships ...now the pricks are doing a "deal" via their Dublin Outposts Instagram  , 3 440ml beers with free glass , which actually comes via their UK store and NOT local Dublin ...so the cunts want me to wait 3 weeks for delivery and pay stupid Brexit taxes instead ...losing the will to live with Brexit at this stage , my UK beer ordering is zilch ...thanks be to fuck NI breweries gave it the two fingers

@Remmie Am a tad tipsy after a blast of stout all day ,and its a pain in the ring piece adding photo after photo on here but I have a weeks worth of unbelievable Irish Stouts for you later

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I had two of the Juice Springsteen IPAs, very nice/ I think they must have been the two free beers as it's quite unusual to load up two of the same beers.

Next one is this...

siren-craft-brew-siren-craft-brew-scene-

Very nice, a pint that went down easy. Normally a good sign. 

Onto this puppy... 

450x450.jpg

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Very nice, a pint that went down easy. Normally a good sign. 

Onto this puppy... 

450x450.jpg

These pale ales are going down a treat. Really smooth and light. Brew Republic seem to have access to some decent breweries. Currently I have the premium case once every two months for £40. I'm thinking of knocking beer52 on the head as they tend to be a bit hit and miss. Much more consistent.