You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

49 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nice selection ...love the Vocation stuff that we get over here ...hate girly cans though

I ordered a batch of stuff from vocation, so I've loads of that on the go. 2nd half beers were belting. Hard to pick a winner, but maybe the vocation stout, but it was sooooooooo sweet. The vocation single hop galaxy was brilliant and strangely might have been the worst of the 3. But they were all better than anything I had in the 1st half. 

IMG_20201206_201234.jpg

IMG_20201206_203643.jpg

IMG_20201206_205926.jpg

Tesco in Northern Ireland has been stocking Vocation Brewing for the last few months so that's been my source ...Love Hate was a particular favorite of mine. The Mother In Law follows my Beer Blog and kinda wants to be involved in her own little way so she's been buying a few cans with her online orders so there are always nice Vocation surprises waiting for me ...I'm up there next week to sort out her TV & Tablet so I'm sure there'll be a dozen waiting for me

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Tesco in Northern Ireland has been stocking Vocation Brewing for the last few months so that's been my source ...Love Hate was a particular favorite of mine. The Mother In Law follows my Beer Blog and kinda wants to be involved in her own little way so she's been buying a few cans with her online orders so there are always nice Vocation surprises waiting for me ...I'm up there next week to sort out her TV & Tablet so I'm sure there'll be a dozen waiting for me

I've got some love hate to drink. Another good beer. They have a core beer called life & death, you can get it pretty much everywhere here now. But it doesn't diminish what a cracking beer it is..they dry hop their IPA's massively and I just love the aroma. 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Latest purchases:

IMG_20201217_192444.jpg

The Cloudwater/DEYA collab is made without hops apparently - will be interesting to try that.

Im picking that up tomorrow, very curious.

In other news I bought a new fridge for the fancy stuff today, very excited.

God, lockdown has made me sad.

1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Nice glass Rapey.  Don't think I've ever tried Spaten's Oktoberfest (don't think I've had any OF beers this year).

It’s lovely the Spaten. Got another keg of it in the garage as well as a Lowenbrau Oktoberfest. 

Erdinger have got an offer on until the end of the month, order any of the stuff from their online store in Germany and they’ll ship it to the UK free of charge. Loads of nice glasses and the Klopp ones as well, much cheaper than you’d pay on eBay and the like. 

https://shop.erdinger-fanshop.de/en/glasses-mugs.html

Also, if you sign up to their fan club here https://uk.erdinger.de/brewery/fanclub.html

and put your fan club number in when you place the order you get 10% off. 

B7B33BCB-3E00-493D-8208-8D06D8F03FB0.png

• Upvote 1

Well I have just had my last can from my brewdog advent calendar. Some crackers in there, some shite too (like the crap they brew for BA and that dead pony or whatever it's called), but overall I've enjoyed it and great value for the 35 quid my bird paid. Yesterday's layer cake was nice (a stout with chocolate and marshmallow) and finishing with this Hoppy Xmas which is just a cracking traditional west coast style IPA. I think my favourites were either Triple Hazy, Elvis Hammer or perhaps this last one as it's such a great imitation of those original west coasts. 

IMG_20201224_185320.jpg

All the best lads. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

The normal Stay Puft is tremendous as well, 

I’ve had the Irish Coffee, Espresso Martini, Coconut and the Candied Bacon specials, the latter wasn’t the best but the others excellent.

I received them as a present and also was given glazed ham marshmallow Porter, another hilarious gag from a meat eating friend. Turns out its actually vegetarian so I reluctantly tried it and it was predictably revolting. Meaters might like it I suppose 

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Liverpool locals keep an eye out for Top Rope brewery https://www.topropebrewing.com/

Good beer with a wrestling theme. Try the Cold Stone Cream Austin which is a nice cream pale ale. 

I was told there's a craft beer shop opening in the vale where the butty shop used to be. I haven't been that way for a while, but might take a walk up tomorrow. 

In other news there's still Christmas 10% off here... https://wearebad.co/collections/shop  pretty good value on their boxes of the "off tempo" range. 20 quid for 8 cans including a free pint glass, which I guess becomes 18 quid the 10% off. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was told there's a craft beer shop opening in the vale where the butty shop used to be. I haven't been that way for a while, but might take a walk up tomorrow. 

In other news there's still Christmas 10% off here... https://wearebad.co/collections/shop  pretty good value on their boxes of the "off tempo" range. 20 quid for 8 cans including a free pint glass, which I guess becomes 18 quid the 10% off. 

There is, I went today to check it out.  Not much there yet, a lot of Neptune (Maghull way) and some generic real ales that you'd get in the supermarket. Had a chat with the fella, he's getting more stock in shortly. Good selection of gins and whiskey too by the looks of it. Got 4 cans and it was cheaper than Jaxons takeaway which I also.got on my way home. 

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Dead crafty, across from the Ship and Mitre, has a great selection in their fridges.

They do on and off sales, so prices are more reasonable if you just collect.

There’s also The Beer Lab, Wirral way, not sure where you’re based, but they have a great selection and deliver, I’ve had a couple from them...

https://thebeerlab.co/

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

There is, I went today to check it out.  Not much there yet, a lot of Neptune (Maghull way) and some generic real ales that you'd get in the supermarket. Had a chat with the fella, he's getting more stock in shortly. Good selection of gins and whiskey too by the looks of it. Got 4 cans and it was cheaper than Jaxons takeaway which I also.got on my way home. 

Maybe I'll wait till the new year when he has more range. I pop into Neptune anyway when they have new beers on, so I've maybe half a dozen of their cans here (pale blue ocean). 

Wish they'd stop fucking around with all the other flavours of the Stay Puft.  The original Imperial Stay Puft from 2018 was immense and to my knowledge they've not brewed it again.  Idiots.

On 27/12/2020 at 17:30, Remmie said:

These 2 porters were absolutely stunning, proper desserts in a can

camera_1608993285233.jpg

camera_1608992665444.jpg

Got these before Christmas, the Germans didn't last long and were really quaffable.  Not had the Torrsides yet - stuffed in the bottom of the wardrobe.

IMG_20201222_171239.jpg