You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Grabbed a few tins of Breeding Lost Lager and to be honest I'm not sure about it. Might have to try a few more before I give a final verdict.

I'm assuming that's brewdog and a stupid phone spell correction! I'm not a big lager drinker to be honest. I got a 4 pack of lost lager a little while back as I had someone coming round (back in the summer when we could meet to watch the match in the garden!) who I thought wouldn't drink my homebrew everyone else would be on. It turned out he was into the homebrew, so i was left with the lost lagers. I had one a couple of matches back. I thought it was ok, nothing special, but I thought it was reasonably flavoursome for a lager. It reminded me of something else, but I can't remember what now. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

I'm assuming that's brewdog and a stupid phone spell correction! I'm not a big lager drinker to be honest. I got a 4 pack of lost lager a little while back as I had someone coming round (back in the summer when we could meet to watch the match in the garden!) who I thought wouldn't drink my homebrew everyone else would be on. It turned out he was into the homebrew, so i was left with the lost lagers. I had one a couple of matches back. I thought it was ok, nothing special, but I thought it was reasonably flavoursome for a lager. It reminded me of something else, but I can't remember what now. 

Yeah, sorry Brewdog. 

Ok ,so I promised Remmie some stouts so heres some absoloute showstoppers and sine brews I've had over the last few weeks...anyone interested in Irish Craft beers ,I'm on Instagram as @Irishbeerdad which is kinda like my beer blog on all things good 

The nameless stout below is a crowler of Hope Foreign Export Stout and some of the doubles are from my mrs who is also into Saisons , West coasts &  NEIPAs.

I have a pretty large delivery due next week from Belfast with loads of Stout included from Boundary Brewing and a Cork haul due in Monday  

IMG_20201114_223949_424.jpg

IMG_20201119_210647_285.jpg

IMG_20201120_183323_922.jpg

IMG_20201120_144159_056.jpg

20201119_223600.jpg

IMG_20201113_212333_069.jpg

IMG_20201113_192237_989.jpg

IMG_20201114_002453_316.jpg

IMG_20201115_200517_413.jpg

IMG_20201113_203308_816.jpg

IMG_20201108_001428_559.jpg

IMG_20201108_025653_427.jpg

IMG_20201120_202507_646.jpg

IMG_20201120_214624_515.jpg

IMG_20201120_192235_034.jpg

IMG_20201121_002703_846.jpg

IMG_20201121_013425_171.jpg

IMG_20201121_193222_171.jpg

• Upvote 4

Got a really nice delivery today from www.craftcentral.ie

Few new releases from Eight Degrees Brewing in Cork along with some new release stouts topped off with some cracking IPAS/ NEIPAs/DIPAs & WCIPAs from all over Ireland

Trouble brewing , Kinnegar , Heaney Farmhouse,Whiplash , Larkins & Dot Brew

IMG_20201124_155734_940.jpg

IMG_20201124_155946_922.jpg

IMG_20201124_162159_372.jpg

• Upvote 2

This might not get me through this...

Jester King, brewed with mushroom, sounds weird, but works really well and gives it a savoury finish, which is really nice.

Going to need another bottle though by the looks of things! 

8523DF9E-223B-4385-8014-C5C383298C64.jpeg

The Irish stuff looks good, I love Boundry, though they tend to be hit and miss and I’ve had a couple of Kinnegar which was alright.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Did you have to take a mortgage out for it? Where did you get them? 

Allgoodbeer - https://allgoodbeer.co.uk/collections/new-in

Indiebeer - https://indiebeer.co.uk/collections/new-in

They always give me 10% off now, which is nice! 

Part of my Friday now, I ride home and pick stuff up on the way home from work, they’re both on my route which is a bonus.

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Happy weekend, bitches! 

D26DA89B-0338-488A-89E2-ACAF60F51112.jpeg

That Deya is fantastic stuff ...get their brews over here quite regular although very expensive over here with import/mark up etc so don't get to have enough of it ...swear to fuck ,next time I get to England I'm gonna need a Artic truck & trailer to get the craft beer home

• Upvote 1

Went and collected my Belfast orders at the weekend ....oh sweet fuck ,I'm gonna enjoy this Xmas .

Mother in Laws done a stellar job with birthday & Xmas mixed cases and I bought 2 cases myself too

Heres some of them 

IMG_20201129_175117_660.jpg

IMG_20201129_175427_917.jpg

IMG_20201129_175647_638.jpg

IMG_20201129_182910_594.jpg

IMG_20201129_183137_730.jpg

IMG_20201129_183324_508.jpg

• Upvote 3

Looks great Gav.

I’m 27 days dry. I’d smash all that right now.

I’m already planning to get right back on it. I’ll last out till Friday when I have a brewery ‘tour’ booked. I’m gonna get right back.

So far as I understand they can’t really do a tour at present, so they’re having to provide food and I’m not really sure how much of the brewery we will get to see.

I know there will be a taproom with a load of beers though, I suspect we might need to be out in a marquee. 

It’s not top end craft brewery, but craft all the same. Bedlam. based in Plumpton. Decent fridge fillers. 

9 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Looks great Gav.

I’m 27 days dry. I’d smash all that right now.

I’m already planning to get right back on it. I’ll last out till Friday when I have a brewery ‘tour’ booked. I’m gonna get right back.

So far as I understand they can’t really do a tour at present, so they’re having to provide food and I’m not really sure how much of the brewery we will get to see.

I know there will be a taproom with a load of beers though, I suspect we might need to be out in a marquee. 

It’s not top end craft brewery, but craft all the same. Bedlam. based in Plumpton. Decent fridge fillers. 

Most of the breweries I've done have all had excellent COVID set ups and the foods been trendy stuff too ( burgers/ tacos etc) .. taprooms were all outdoors on picnic benches apart from one which was in a huge disused warehouse...most of the food was from vans too...you'll have a ball ...27 days though ,best take it easy on the DIPAs to avoid any police  arrest issues

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

Most of the breweries I've done have all had excellent COVID set ups and the foods been trendy stuff too ( burgers/ tacos etc) .. taprooms were all outdoors on picnic benches apart from one which was in a huge disused warehouse...most of the food was from vans too...you'll have a ball ...27 days though ,best take it easy on the DIPAs to avoid any police  arrest issues

I did Bermondsey in late Jan. just as the world was closing in, but obviously before. Got totally twatted. Was ace 

Not sure what to expect, given how restrictions are here at the moment. I’m not sure we could walk in groups around the tanks etc, as we’re not supposed to be together except our doors hence the marquee.

They don’t really have any heavy stuff and We’e restricted to 3 hours drinking. Nothing, repeat nothing can go wrong 

43 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

I did Bermondsey in late Jan. just as the world was closing in, but obviously before. Got totally twatted. Was ace 

Not sure what to expect, given how restrictions are here at the moment. I’m not sure we could walk in groups around the tanks etc, as we’re not supposed to be together except our doors hence the marquee.

They don’t really have any heavy stuff and We’e restricted to 3 hours drinking. Nothing, repeat nothing can go wrong 

Not sure if you've seen the news but Boris has u-turned again...no need for food to drink indoors ...thats your tour sorted 

Nice one Remmie....might stick my nose into Lidl tomorrow and see if its on sale over here too

This is their Irish Xmas special - €19.99 for 12 500ml beers

Crafty is a brilliant budget craft range done with the outstanding Rye River brewing 

250883.jpg

• Upvote 1