You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

10 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

Let me know what it‘s like. They do kegs on perfect draft and I’ve been tempted.

I got 3 kegs the other day, Goose Island IPA, Tiny Rebel Cali Pale and Magic Rock Grapefruit IPA. 

Goose has gone, Cali on the way, the Magic Rock will be marmite for most. If you like Elvis Juice then I think you’ll enjoy it, strong Grapefruit taste.

It was nice but I’ve had better Belgian beers around the same strength.The alcohol taste was a bit overpowering, I thought  Kwak and Delerium were a nicer drink. 

• Upvote 1

So fucking excited.

With the time off I’ve got a bit bored with hop bombs, although Deya, Verdant, Wylam and Howling Hops are doing some amazing stuff.

I’ve started to get in to barrel aged wild/sour beers again. At present there be Cantillon, Tilquin, Mills, Mikkeller San Diego, Baghaven, Alesong, 3 Fontaine, Jester King, Wild beer/Alesong and a Mikkeller collaboration with Lindermans, brewed with basil, which I’m really fucking excited about, sat in the repurposed cupboard which I’m going to change in to a cool store.

Building a bit of a cellar and it feels good.

27 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

It was nice but I’ve had better Belgian beers around the same strength.The alcohol taste was a bit overpowering, I thought  Kwak and Delerium were a nicer drink. 

Whereas, I much prefer Karmeliet to both Kwak and Delerium (though both of them are great) and find it lighter in taste. I prefer it to La Chouffe and Duvel as well. 

13 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Whereas, I much prefer Karmeliet to both Kwak and Delerium (though both of them are great) and find it lighter in taste. I prefer it to La Chouffe and Duvel as well. 

I really like La Chouffe but not that keen on Duvel. La Trappe is my all time favourite I think. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

With the time off I’ve got a bit bored with hop bombs, although Deya, Verdant, Wylam and Howling Hops are doing some amazing stuff.

I know the feeling. I’ve disappeared down the hop rabbit hole for months. 

I had a very standard lager the other day. It was so light it was massively enjoyable and more do when compared to a meal in a can I’ve become accustomed to.

then with out thinking I just went a bought a load of DDH and TIPA to take on holiday with me. 

Someone had to, win some lose some Brucie 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

I know the feeling. I’ve disappeared down the hop rabbit hole for months. 

I had a very standard lager the other day. It was so light it was massively enjoyable and more do when compared to a meal in a can I’ve become accustomed to.

then with out thinking I just went a bought a load of DDH and TIPA to take on holiday with me. 

Someone had to, win some lose some Brucie 

Place I go to in Kentish Town are doing 15% off all their IPA’s/DIPA’s etc up until twelve tonight because they have a back log of stuff, all recent releases, they just bought too much and misjudged the demand. They deliver.

https://www.capsandtaps.co.uk/collections/new-in

Code is REOPEN15

You’ll save a few quid.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I really like La Chouffe but not that keen on Duvel. La Trappe is my all time favourite I think. 

To be fair, they are all fucking lovely. Belgian beer around 8% that I haven't particularly enjoyed include Cornet (strange oaky flavour) and Waterloo (insisted that I had to have it out of earthenware rather than a glass). 

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I signed up for that Beer52 trial box for a fiver last month with a new work email address. 

Then forgot to cancel the subscription and had another box delivered this week at full price. 

There better be some better beers in it this time. 

£24? For 8 beers, a magazine and a snack? I think you need some of the free maths lessons being given by @Colonel Kurtz.

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I signed up for that Beer52 trial box for a fiver last month with a new work email address. 

Then forgot to cancel the subscription and had another box delivered this week at full price. 

There better be some better beers in it this time. 

Beer52 is shite (Bruce ad nauseam) but they do a Cyberfest pack, £30 for one or £60+ for both packs of 12 beers. They had some decent stuff in the last couple and it’s a pretty hefty discount on what you’d normally pay.

Normally I’d swerve as the beer tends to be shite with them, but the Cyber ones are decent value with some decent stuff in.

7 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

£24? For 8 beers, a magazine and a snack? I think you need some of the free maths lessons being given by @Colonel Kurtz.

The first box is 10 beers and only a fiver. 

I signed up with my work email this time and was away for the weekend when they emailed to say they were sending the next box. 

It’ll be cancelled tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Beer52 is shite (Bruce ad nauseam) but they do a Cyberfest pack, £30 for one or £60+ for both packs of 12 beers. They had some decent stuff in the last couple and it’s a pretty hefty discount on what you’d normally pay.

Normally I’d swerve as the beer tends to be shite with them, but the Cyber ones are decent value with some decent stuff in.

Is that the £64.99 2 day pass one?

33 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The first box is 10 beers and only a fiver. 

I signed up with my work email this time and was away for the weekend when they emailed to say they were sending the next box. 

It’ll be cancelled tomorrow. 

That's an exceptional deal, doesn't look like they do that anymore judging by their website. £3 a beer isn't particularly expensive, to be fair.

27 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, the last two have been quite good for the price.

Obviously you don’t have to watch the circle jerk about hop boiling points, why would anybody bother?

So just below £3 a beer with a couple of beer glasses and a beer guide thrown in on top. Seems decent.

3 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

That's an exceptional deal, doesn't look like they do that anymore judging by their website. £3 a beer isn't particularly expensive, to be fair. It is when most of those beers cost much less and they’re short dated. 

So just below £3 a beer with a couple of beer glasses and a beer guide thrown in on top. Seems decent. It, surprisingly is. As I write, I’m really not a fan of B52, but these cyber packs are actually quite decent for the price.

37 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

That's an exceptional deal, doesn't look like they do that anymore judging by their website. £3 a beer isn't particularly expensive, to be fair.

I got the code from an advert on a podcast last month, can’t remember which sorry and they added a bonus 2 beers. 

I’ll keep an ear out in case I hear it again. 

OK , fuckit , have left this thread alone for ages but I'm hammered on IPA's so screw it ... @IrishBeerdad on instagram is my beer account ...its based on everything amazing about Irish/Northern Irish /Some English/Portugese & Spanish craft beers

• Upvote 1