You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

17 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

About £7-8 each which isn’t a bad price considering you get four pints in them. Some of the more exotic ones, such as 8-10% Belgian beers are more expensive like, but the majority work out less than £2 a pint I’d say. They have quite good deals on as well most of the time. 

You pay postage on them unless you order a box of eight which is free postage. That’s probably what I’ll do and go halves on the order with my brother or one of my mates. 

Fair enough, they've come down a lot since I last checked

• 1 month later...
On 15/12/2019 at 23:01, Sugar Ape said:

Anyone looking to give, or receive, a nice Christmas present should have a look at ‘The Sub’ machines on Beerwulf. 

Basically a draught beer machine, you buy 2L kegs called Torps which fit into the machine and it cools them down to 2 degrees and you just pour your own pint as and when you want it. Couple of my mates and my brother have got one and the beer is lovely out of them so the Mrs has got me one for Christmas. 

Do tons of different types of beer too from common ones like Heineken, Birra Moretti and CruzCampo to IPAs, wheat beers and 8% abbey beers. They’re normally £109 for the machine but on offer at the minute for £99.99 with four free torps of either Heineken or Birra Moretti. 

https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb/sale

EF2F5CC4-D037-4EF9-9DF8-A8BA74D5296A.jpeg

This really is the absolute dogs bollocks. Got four pints of a German wheat beer for it for £8.49, absolutely lovely. Easily as nice as a pint of Erdinger in a pub. 

E983C007-39CC-4FA8-92D9-1844C1B8FCEF.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

How long does it take the little keg to get cold enough? 

Was back up north the other week and saw some Banana Bread Beer in Speke Morrison’s. Had to pick a couple of bottles up and bring them home because I haven’t seen them in any of the supermarkets near ours for a couple of years at least. 

It keeps it chilled to 2 degrees, the machine can do it itself from room temperature but it can take a while so you stick the keg in your fridge for a couple of hours and it only takes about 30 seconds after you’ve put it in until it’s ready then it will keep it at that temp. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

It keeps it chilled to 2 degrees, the machine can do it itself from room temperature but it can take a while so you stick the keg in your fridge for a couple of hours and it only takes about 30 seconds after you’ve put it in until it’s ready then it will keep it at that temp. 

Sounds decent. I’m not drinking enough at the moment to make having one worthwhile but I could be tempted if the price comes down a bit more. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What are people's thoughts on the correct temperature for golden real ales? I'd had them at room temp but have started to keep them in the garage.

Horses for courses, but as a rule I like them just below room temperature. 

• Upvote 1

Ship and Mitre are doing 20 bottles (500ml) for £50 delivered. Picked up a German mix (you can specify your own beers) and had some dropped off yesterday. Hofbrau, Erdinger and Paulaner were staple choices of mine and asked the fella to throw some recommended beers in which he has. Going to open a few over the weekend and save some for a certain celebration in a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Furmedge said:

Ship and Mitre are doing 20 bottles (500ml) for £50 delivered. Picked up a German mix (you can specify your own beers) and had some dropped off yesterday. Hofbrau, Erdinger and Paulaner were staple choices of mine and asked the fella to throw some recommended beers in which he has. Going to open a few over the weekend and save some for a certain celebration in a couple of weeks.

Did you get any Köstritzer? 

3 hours ago, Furmedge said:

That post has made me thirsty. It’s been a while since I drank blonde ale. I could go for a Leffe or a Blue Moon now. 

Is Innis & Gunn still being stocked at Tesco?

48 minutes ago, Elite said:

I might sound as thick as fuck (Which may be true) but is one 9% can the equivalent to two 4.5% cans or even more as it's less diluted?

You will still get just as drunk, just 9% will be quicker than 2 x 4.5%.

15 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Reckon I'd drink the 9% one slower than the 4.5% two. 

Would you drink the better tasting one faster or slower?