You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Went to the Halve Maan Brewerij in Bruges the other week and treated myself to a Straffe Hendrik Heritage. It was from the last barrel they have of the 2017 which is in whisky barrels and around 11%, all bottles having well been sold. Cost me 7 euro and my mates all turned their nose up at it. 

Went to the next bar and suddenly they were all pissed off because they had bottles of it there for 35 euros. Fucking nice beer like. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I hadn’t touched a drop of ale for two or three months but I’ve just drank two cans of Guinness and now I’m ready to start on some cunt. 

Go find your nearest KFC.

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I hadn’t touched a drop of ale for two or three months but I’ve just drank two cans of Guinness and now I’m ready to start on some cunt. 

Last year after a horrendous new year's Day hangover I ended up not drinking until about April. I felt great, full of energy, shed weight, skin fantastic and motivated to take the world on. 

Now I drink on weekends and feel like shit all the time again 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Actually had another of these the other night - £9.35 for a 330ml can so quite dangerous on the wallet!

I imagine you drove to the shop in your Ferrari and then drank it at home in your mansion.

• Upvote 2

On a recent trip to Bad Windsheim in Bavaria , turns out the owner of the apartment block also owned a brewery by the name of Brauhaus Doebler - they gave me a couple of bottles to try and I can honestly say it was by far the best beer I have ever tasted . 

IMG_20190425_083703.jpg

• Upvote 1

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alcohol/more-beers-to-announce-they-are-disgusting-20190501185190?fbclid=IwAR1yBuP5wayzqdzgJZQd8ZL7jPt_cdl7ww0ETznHZbKTrfbSSbW89BNEfpI

More beers to announce they are disgusting

FOLLOWING Carlsberg’s brave admission that it is probably not at all nice, other foul beers are publically confessing that they are swill. 

Unpopular brands like Foster’s, Budweiser and Tennent’s are filming multi-million pound ads condemning their beer as undrinkable piss in the hope that Britons will reward them for their refreshing honesty.

A spokesman for the British Beer and Pub Association said: “There’s an amnesty on crimes against beer, and we plan to take full advantage.

“Carling’s new campaign stars Brad Pitt spitting a mouthful of their unholy brew into a gutter, and Stella Artois’s new slogan is ‘A grim chore that gets you pissed’.

“‘Hoppy’ or a ‘refined taste’ were nothing but lies. The truth is that a significant part of the production process is us drawing straws to see who has the taste the latest batch of mulch.”

Emma Bradford said: “Most beer sold in Britain tastes like backwash mixed with weedkiller.

“I’ll have a Becks. Well you don’t drink it for the taste.”

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Lidl Germany had some Craft Beer on the shelves today from 'The Crafty Brewing Company' (Irish) so I bought a few of each sort, anyone ever had any? Think it's an international thing as Lidl UK teamed up especially with Rye River Brewing company in Kildare. 

Image result for the crafty brewing company

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/09/2019 at 19:00, Pistonbroke said:

Lidl Germany had some Craft Beer on the shelves today from 'The Crafty Brewing Company' (Irish) so I bought a few of each sort, anyone ever had any? Think it's an international thing as Lidl UK teamed up especially with Rye River Brewing company in Kildare. 

Image result for the crafty brewing company

This any good? They have it in the Lidl by me now. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, cloggypop said:

This any good? They have it in the Lidl by me now. 

They were all quite nice and different mate. The Irish IPA had a decent kick to it and a nice hoppy taste. My favourite was probably the Pale Ale though. Certainly worth a go. 

If anybody is interested Mikkeller do a monthly delivery, it’s steep at about £60, but you get exceptional and limited stuff. Genuinely lovely stuff. Normally five six cans, a couple of bottles, a 750ml of something exciting and then something random, I’m getting a sparkling Riesling Tuesday.

If you fancy the first month half price, you can cancel subscription straight after, let me know as I’ve got a referral code.

• 1 month later...

Having one of these :

XZnxNZb.jpg

Tastes really fucking odd to me at the moment but I usually just drink normal lager. I like having something from Wychwood every so often though as there's so many different flavours in some of their drinks and they usually taste fine after drinking a bit.

On 24/04/2019 at 09:12, Captain Turdseye said:

Those two cans will be it for some time, I reckon. Made me feel like shit and I had to go and have a lie down. 

It’s over. I’m done. Thirty years old and I’m out of the game. 

On 24/04/2019 at 17:51, Paulie Dangerously said:

Last year after a horrendous new year's Day hangover I ended up not drinking until about April. I felt great, full of energy, shed weight, skin fantastic and motivated to take the world on. 

Now I drink on weekends and feel like shit all the time again 

On the extremely rare occasions I do have a drink (literally a drink. Maybe 2.) I always end up feeling like shit. I think the older you get, you've either got to be a drinker or not a drinker. No half measures. Otherwise you get no benefit from it. 

On 23/04/2019 at 22:12, Captain Turdseye said:

Those two cans will be it for some time, I reckon. Made me feel like shit and I had to go and have a lie down. 

It’s over. I’m done. Thirty years old and I’m out of the game. 

Did same 3 months off it for wedding at reception walking like bag of water after about an hour crashed and burned only fought with myself not match fit for event.  Did opposite then tore into red vino next day put on the hard yards felt good at time but wasn't right for a couple of weeks.