You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

I've not tried Cruzcampo, but i'm deffo getting a thirst on.

Where can one procure a bottle of this beverage?

I'd never drank it either until it was the beverage de jour whilst on an all-inclusive in Spain a few weeks back. It was fantastic. Even accounting for the hedonistic buzz one gets when no money changes hands when procuring said beer. I prefer it to both Mahou and San Miguel, but would rank it behind Estrella.

Does anyone know of an adequate replacement for the much mourned Cains Raisin Beer? I've tried replacing it with Goose Island IPA, which I like, but it's like replacing Kelly Brook with Jacqui Dixon. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Super Sub

What are people's opinions of Becks? Currently drinking it ATM, Tesco are selling either a crate of 15 for £12 or a crate of 20 for £12, you can have 2 boxes of 15 for £20; that explains why the 2 are priced the same.

Anyway I don't think the taste is a powerful as say Heinaken or Peroni, but it goes down very easily. I could say it is watery but it isn't it's just a mellow drink. Also doesn't give you a big head the next day.

Some of your favourite beers make me want to vomit. Grolsch, becks.

Ffs lads, get some half decent ipa or craft lager into you. None of this mass produced garbage.

The brooklyn lager is a decent shout. A nice tipple indeed, they do a malt beer that's really tasty, it looks like the new York Yankees kit.

Also mac's malt lager from new Zealand is really nice as well, but perhaps a little bit mild for some taste buds

Becks on draft is nice but I've gone right off the bottles. It does smell like weed but not as much of Tuborg. Badly stinks of skunk that shit and tastes like a skunks arse. 

Brooklyn Lager is lovely. 

Had 4 cans of M&S lager on the train last night. Went down very well. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Super Sub

What are people's opinions of Becks? Currently drinking it ATM, Tesco are selling either a crate of 15 for £12 or a crate of 20 for £12, you can have 2 boxes of 15 for £20; that explains why the 2 are priced the same.

Anyway I don't think the taste is a powerful as say Heinaken or Peroni, but it goes down very easily. I could say it is watery but it isn't it's just a mellow drink. Also doesn't give you a big head the next day.

I wouldn't have noticed how bad Becks actually is until it was pointed out to me on this thread, it does make you want to vomit. It tastes like beer flavoured cheap white cider. My normal tipple if I have a day off and I need to be in work the following day is Stella. Regardless of what people say it isn't all that bad. Today however I am in a very rare situation were I have the following day off as I am only doing 5 days this week as its my birthday tomorrow. As such I am drinking what is my favourite beer Peroni, I will feel like shit tomorrow but I am not in work so fuck it.

I would also like to know what the beers that are circa 6.5% are like? Are they in anyway like Tennents super and how the fuck do you manage to drink it without getting yourself arrested?