You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

I saw it was you who'd posted last on here and thought you must be feeling a bit better. I neednt have worried, eh?

That beer, pie and pickle combo sounds fab right now

Yeah cheers Cath - the funeral itself was an almighty piss up and a bit of a celebration, which is what the old man would've wanted.

Funnily enough, there's a stack of ales at my mum's that I bought him he tragically never got round to drinking.

Yeah cheers Cath - the funeral itself was an almighty piss up and a bit of a celebration, which is what the old man would've wanted.

Funnily enough, there's a stack of ales at my mum's that I bought him he tragically never got round to drinking.

The right way for someone who was clearly loved. Drink his beer and allow yourself a smile

Had a Christmas beer in France and it was good; can't remember the name. Had to pay a euro for the cheesy plastic cup that it came in and they gave me what looked like an Othello game piece and I could get my euro back. Well, by the time I'd drank the fucking thing I was off the Elysee so I now have three of these plasticy cups.

Mulled wine was cack, though. 

• 6 months later...

Right blatant advertising but I work in a craft beer bottle shop in School Lane in town. Anyone seen the new cafe called Home in the old Quiggins/Jigsaw building? Well this shop is kind of tucked away upstairs inside there but I promise you there's a world of beery goodness in there. 

Can't believe this thread hasn't been bumped since January. Only just noticed this post, what kind of stuff do you sell?

First drink for a fortnight tonight, few bottles of ice cold Estrella then might go on the Jamesons later.

• Upvote 1

Guest Super Sub

This stuff hits the spot:

Posted Image

I like Peroni myself, but I am working 6 day weeks ATM so try to avoid it cause it tends to leave to not in the best shape for work the next day. I take it easy and stick to good old bottled Stella.

Guest Super Sub

Even reading the words ' bottled Stella ' makes me do a little sick in my mouth.

Not too strong but is a not bad drink. Stella isn't a bad drink.

Delirium is good stuff, pricey as fuck over here if you can find it though.

Wetherspoons does Punk IPA and I noticed it has an alcopop aroma which is bizarre. Good beer though.

Maybe i had a dodgy bottle but that stuff is the worst beer i've ever had

Tasted like vomit

Disgusting