You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Picked up the Innis and Gunn regular and Rum finish. Tried the regular and it's lovely. Also picked up Tomos Watkins Cwrw Braf and I see that Brains have started their own craft brewery lines so I picked up their Boilermaker which is an IPA fused with citrus and whiskey. All of those bar Cwrw Braf are 6.5% and above. I need to tread carefully.

Have you tried the Peroni Red? My mum lives in southern Italy, so when I've been there, its so cheap to drink, but so much nicer than the Peroni we have over here.

Found a pub near me the other day that serves Blue Moon on tap, and it tasted very good indeed. They offered me a slice of orange with it, which I flatly refused, just don't get the slice of fruit in a drink thing.

Yeah I really liked Peroni Red when I was in Italy, it's the cheapest of the 3 styles with Nastro Azzuro (Blue Ribbon) the Premium and Gran Riserva the fanciest version. You can get it at Strada restaurant but I don't think it's imported because it doesn't taste as nice as I remember.

Speaking of Italian beers you can only find at restaurants, anyone tried Menebrea (available at Zizzi's)?

Little Creatures Pale Ale, difficult to find when out, but beautiful stuff.

The nice fish restaurant in Brighton does it, worth a visit for the beer alone.

I know you can order it online somewhere, will try to find you a link.

It was here but currently showing as out of stock: Buy Little Creatures Pale Ale - UK

I've been to the brewery in Freemantle, West Australia and the whole range is pretty damn good.

That above website is great for Beer Snobs or anyone else longing for a beer they loved when they were abroad. Be prepared to pay good money for it though.

Had some of the Boilermaker, a really good attempt at an IPA and the whiskey adds a nice kick. Recommended, now I have to track down the rest of the Brains craft beers.

I haven't been able to track that one down yet, but had the Barry Island IPA a few weeks back, a lovely drink.

Found a pub near me the other day that serves Blue Moon on tap, and it tasted very good indeed.

I need to try that. I've sampled a lot of the beers in this thread since starting it and I have to say that Blue Moon and the two Innis & Gunns that RK is talking about are easily my favourites.

Picked up the Innis and Gunn regular and Rum finish. Tried the regular and it's lovely.

What did you make of the rum one mate? Equally as nice imo. Stay away from the blonde one though, it's not in the same league.

I need to try that. I've sampled a lot of the beers in this thread since starting it and I have to say that Blue Moon and the two Innis & Gunns that RK is talking about are easily my favourites.

Where are people buying Innis & Gunns from please? I've tried a few supermarkets and can't find it anywhere.

Where are people buying Innis & Gunns from please? I've tried a few supermarkets and can't find it anywhere.

Asda and Tesco sell them. Big stores, not the small ones. I think sainsburys do too. In Asda it's in amongst the pale ales and the banana bread beer, stuff like that.

And the blonde one is very nice, ignore Turdseye his taste buds haven't developed properly yet.

Asda and Tesco sell them. Big stores, not the small ones. I think sainsburys do too. In Asda it's in amongst the pale ales and the banana bread beer, stuff like that.

And the blonde one is very nice, ignore Turdseye his taste buds haven't developed properly yet.

Cheers for that. My nearest supermarket is Waitrose, but I'll go and check the nearest other Tesco's or Asda's later this week.

I've never seen then in the Waitrose near me, will have to pop in one night this week for a purchase.

What did you make of the rum one mate? Equally as nice imo. Stay away from the blonde one though, it's not in the same league.

Haven't tried the rum yet but I'd be staggered if it wasn't nice as the original is quality.

None on offer or none in Sainsburys? I think Sugar Ape said earlier in this thread that Innis & Gun was stocked at Tesco but not Sainsbury's, so I was surprised to find it in there last week. It was well away from the Erdingers, etc, hidden on the top shelf above the real ale. Shame if the offer isn't still on, essentially a quid a bottle was steal of the century.

Has anyone tried Hobgoblin ale? A lad brought a few to my BBQ last week and I thought it was decent. Not sensational but easy enough to drink and cheaper too at £1.50 for a bigger bottle.

Got some earlier in Waitrose. £1.30ish a bottle o offer.

Fucking nectar. Best beer (Innis & Gunn) I've had in a long long time. As Jules said on twitter original is better, but Rum finish is worth a go. Strong little bugger too. 6.4 to be respected

Little Creatures Pale Ale...

It was here but currently showing as out of stock: Buy Little Creatures Pale Ale - UK

I've been to the brewery in Freemantle' date=' West Australia and the whole range is pretty damn good.

[/quote']

Yeah I went to the brewery there too. Magnificent stuff, could have spent all day in there sampling the various ales.

Bought a crate and I'm sure it cost me about $50

ceb31a9cd26b3d475c84d2c1005a334f.jpg

Yeah I went to the brewery there too. Magnificent stuff, could have spent all day in there sampling the various ales.

Bought a crate and I'm sure it cost me about $50

ceb31a9cd26b3d475c84d2c1005a334f.jpg

Fucking $AUD65 in Oz!

It's a nice drop though.

I was airing on the side of caution with $50' date=' couldn't remember. Steep isn't it![/quote']

It wasn't cheap, but it is an excellent beer worthy of the money.

Me and my brother had a crate when i went to stay with him in Perth, although I never went the brewery wish I fucking had now

It wasn't cheap' date=' but it is an excellent beer worthy of the money.

Me and my brother had a crate when i went to stay with him in Perth, although I never went the brewery wish I fucking had now[/quote']

Fuck it. Go back this winter and go the brewery. Sneak an Ashes test in while you're there.