You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

I'll see you on the old Joanna in the summer then!

Will do, can't play a note mind, but after a few I'll give it a bash and ask the missus to bring her violin.

Blimey, talk about hijacking a thread :-)

Come in the Brighton mafia ....

Hand in Hand is a wonderful pub. On the other side of town to me but I get in there now and again.

I used to get in the BoT quite a bit but haven't been there for about a year. Mostly drink in the Good Companions or the Dyke Tavern as they're nearby and the Dyke is doing good bands on a Saturday now (there's an Ian Dury tribute band there on April 25th who are amazing). There's always the Prestonville, solid dependable, good food and a decent outside area.

I used to be a regular in The Greys when I lived in Hanover. Some ace pubs around there, pity about the parking!

I used to be a regular for about a year in the GC's. But moved away from the Dials, then it went down hill after Keiron (the landlord left). I get in there every now and then and seems to have picked up a bit since they got sky back in. The only reason I've been in the Tavern is for the meat raffle and bar billiards. Sweet.

Will do, can't play a note mind, but after a few I'll give it a bash and ask the missus to bring her violin.

Hell yeah!

As mentioned by RY, the Prestonville Arms is a great ale pub too. Butser, Butcombe, London Pride and the great HSB on there at the mo.

mmmmmmmmmm

The Brighton masssiiiivvveeee over and out.

I used to be a regular for about a year in the GC's. But moved away from the Dials, then it went down hill after Keiron (the landlord left). I get in there every now and then and seems to have picked up a bit since they got sky back in. The only reason I've been in the Tavern is for the meat raffle and bar billiards. Sweet.

I liked Kieron, he always reminded of an extra from Eastenders and I never did work out why his daughter had a scouse accent you cut with a knife.

It's not the greatest pub in the world but it's nearby and good for the footie.

I was going to say "I was in the Dyke last week" and then thought better of it. I was in the Tavern last week and watched a guy rack up 25,000 in one go at bar billiards. He played red and white down the 50s over and over an over and over again. If he missed one of the holes he'd then put the left over ball down the 100. Clever stuff but boring as shit.

I liked Kieron, he always reminded of an extra from Eastenders and I never did work out why his daughter had a scouse accent you cut with a knife.

It's not the greatest pub in the world but it's nearby and good for the footie.

I was going to say "I was in the Dyke last week" and then thought better of it. I was in the Tavern last week and watched a guy rack up 25,000 in one go at bar billiards. He played red and white down the 50s over and over an over and over again. If he missed one of the holes he'd then put the left over ball down the 100. Clever stuff but boring as shit.

Kieron's missus was from the Liverpool area and they lived had a pub in Liverpool for years, so his daughter Stacey has an accent from growing up there.

I

I'd respect that.

Get on the Erdinger hammy, gorgeous pint. The Erdinger weissbrau is very similar to Leffe Blonde, but I think Erdinger is more of a 'first pint' pint if you get me.

Just bought a couple for tonight.

Can anyone tell me why they have Guinness "imported from Nigeria" in the posh beer section of Tesco?

Edit - That Asahi is very nice. Like that one.

Cheaper to import I'd imagine. It's big in Africa.

Yeah....It's cheaper to import them from halfway around the world, then it is from somewhere you can get to in half an hour on a plane. Dumbass!

Guy 1: Hey, I wanna new pair of Reebok trainers!

Guy 2: Lets go to town then and buy a pair!

Guy 1: No, lets go fly to China, they'll be cheaper there!

Guy 2: Oh yeah! Always wanted to go to Tokyo!

Guy 1: That's in Korea dumbass!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! What's hilarious is that you're not even meaning to be funny! You're deadly serious! Quality! :lol:

Ah here, i meant it's cheaper to import ie. getting more quantity than they would be getting if they were importing it from Ireland.