You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Gambrinus, Leffe and Erdinger are amongst my current favourites.

The best beer I ever had was at a beer tasting class in a bar in Prague. It was a strong, dark red beer and its name translated as "Seven Bullet." Apparently it was a reference to Archduke Franz Ferdinand being shot. The only problem was, I couldn't even find it anywhere else in Prague, so there's no chance of getting it over here.

Ooo I've not had the dark version. Is it an old Ale style? Mmmm Harveys Old Ale. I'll look out for it.

I've never had the Harvey's so I wouldn't know. The only place I've seen this is in Sainsbury's, where it was in their 3 for £4 (might be £5?) offer.

Beers that haven't been mentioned yet:

weihenstephan.jpg

Grimbergen_Blonde.jpg

2972753740_9fc071c56a.jpg

and the occassional:

200px-Fruli.jpg

As for Peroni, Nastro Azzuro is my least favourite Peroni I've tried out of 3. The red ribbon beer is really easy drinking and cheaper (in Italy) and the Gran Riserva is fantastic.

Cool. Bet my stinking sainsburys wont have it.

I got 5 bottles of this for £27. Expensive but rather tasty.

ipalandscape.jpg

7.5%, comes in a 750ml champagne style bottle with a cork.

I've been eyeing that and the one that sits next to it on the shelf; will defo have a purchase next time in in there.

porter-780114.jpg

1971154079_f7d5928c4a.jpg?v=0

lucky-beer-2.jpg

Boss having a beer that looks like yer

that meantime ipa looks fucking smart though, a mate over here has had a go at brewing some of his own, not looking too bad, he's american so does all the shit proper like, wheer I'd be fucking about in teh kitchen with cornflakes and toast crumbs everywhere, he gets his shit spotless before brewing, done a nice cezan last time I heard

Some good stuff boys. Why do you fellas always go for the dark ales? Eh, Thants? Karl? You drink the sort of stuff Mr C keeps in the beer fridge. I much prefer a lighter ale. If we're talking British then I'm quite partial to beers from the Glentworth Brewery in Donny. You rarely find lighter stuff in pubs though so if I'm drinking beer I'll usually have a Kronenberg or similar.

PB15. You old enough to remember real Speckled Hen? Before Greene King got their paws on it?

But it contains 2 bottles of Coffee beer which is the devil!

Otherwise thanks good First Lady of the GF.

x

I may still hunt down the dark stuff, where was that Karl? I think they're a bit overpriced though to be honest as a good pint of DarkStar is much cheaper. Also Kings Old Ale and Harveys Old Ale is lighter but still dark.

mmm Darkstar. I could easily wipe today out with one of those now. . . .

But it contains 2 bottles of Coffee beer which is the devil!

Otherwise thanks good First Lady of the GF.

x

I may still hunt down the dark stuff, where was that Karl? I think they're a bit overpriced though to be honest as a good pint of DarkStar is much cheaper. Also Kings Old Ale and Harveys Old Ale is lighter but still dark.

mmm Darkstar. I could easily wipe today out with one of those now. . . .

Not a great fan of very dark beers. Fine for a contemplative pint but too sweet and heavy for a session.

Harvey's do brew excellent beer as you so rightly point out and as they are only 10 miles away I ought to throw in a vote for their Sussex Best Bitter (an excellent session beer).

20081023164429_best.jpg