You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WaltonRed

Every time I try to embed a YouTube video if comes up as a blank white square, so please click on this to see a rather camp video accompanying LC's 'Everybody Knows'

I love the lyrics:

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed

Everybody knows that the war is over

Everybody knows the good guys lost

Everybody knows the fight was fixed

The poor stay poor, the rich get rich

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking

Everybody knows that the captain lied

Everybody got this broken feeling

Like their father or their dog just died

Etc. etc...

'Everybody Knows' is the canine's gonads.

You're right there.

80's teen flick Pump Up the Volume got me onto it, and as a result, him in general.

£55 is ridiculous to see him though. He must be skint - what with that and selling "Hallelujah" to anyone that asks.

Leonard Cohen at glastonbury last year was the best gig I've ever seen in my life. I ended up stood on my own, tears pouring down my face...maybe the culmination of four days of amazing experiences and heavy drinking, but that voice singing "Suzanne" as the sun went down was a moment I'll never forget as long as I live. A quasi-religious experience.

You're right there.

80's teen flick Pump Up the Volume got me onto it, and as a result, him in general.

£55 is ridiculous to see him though. He must be skint - what with that and selling "Hallelujah" to anyone that asks.

His girlfriend who was also his manager was on the take and left him nearly bankrupt so thats why he's still touring and charging those prices.

Leonard Cohen at glastonbury last year was the best gig I've ever seen in my life. I ended up stood on my own, tears pouring down my face...maybe the culmination of four days of amazing experiences and heavy drinking, but that voice singing "Suzanne" as the sun went down was a moment I'll never forget as long as I live. A quasi-religious experience.

True my friend it was unreal. I've got to get my Leeds Festival tickets monday so thats why i cant get them.

• 2 months later...

God, I really wish I was going now. I couldn't afford the tickets when they first came out and now I'm earning a bit of money, they're all sold out. Sods law!

Anyway, I just thought I'd bump this because I'm having a pure Leonard Cohen day. I find that the pitch of his voice helps soothe my hangover. I'm currently sat at my PC listening to him on youtube with a pint of Coke to make the bastard go away!

Seeing him at Glasto was absolutely unreal. Best gig I've ever been to. I had to hold the tears back just so I wouldn't cry in front of my mate!

• 3 weeks later...
If I had the dough I'd pay it.

Liam, pay a tout la, you wont regret it!

I'm going to cry to Neil Young and the Boss...not arsed though!

You must be a quasi-Canadian.

You have an image of Bryan Adams on a dart board?

If so you are in the Canadian Club.

(Apologies to Stu Monty who has every Bryan Adams CD ever and the unplugged version of Summer of '69)

If I had the dough I'd pay it.

Liam, pay a tout la, you wont regret it!

I'm going to cry to Neil Young and the Boss...not arsed though!

Mug a tout, much better idea, take his money and distribute the other tickets to deserving people, I really fucking hate touts.

I saw Leonard Cohen at Benicassim last year, he was amazing. I, like many people there, ended up in floods of tears, it really was an incredible experience. I will echo the sentiments above about it being a quasi-religious experience. Indescribable really.

If you are going tonight enjoy it.

You must be a quasi-Canadian.

You have an image of Bryan Adams on a dart board?

If so you are in the Canadian Club.

(Apologies to Stu Monty who has every Bryan Adams CD ever and the unplugged version of Summer of '69)

I do indeed have a picture of Adams on my dart board.