Quantcast
The Ship and Mitre - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
grazywalker

The Ship and Mitre

Got in there about 3.00pm and had several drinks. Some fit bar maids in there as well . Ended up siting upstair for a bit as well.

I concur. The barmaids were indeed fit.

Found out today they're opening a Ship & Mitre off licence on Whitechapel in the next few weeks. Christmas Day bevvies in the house sorted.

Found out today they're opening a Ship & Mitre off licence on Whitechapel in the next few weeks. Christmas Day bevvies in the house sorted.

Splendid.

Was in there Wednesday with the missus before going the Arctic Monkeys gig. Too many student bellwhiffs in there, waited behind two at the bar and they said they were ' just looking ' for a good two minutes while I had to wait behind them. The barmaid finally says there are people behind you have you made your mind up and one of them said ' yeah we have, our mate with the money is outside we'll go and get him and come back ' which they never.

Also ordered food in there. Went to the little hole in the wall place where you order it and asked for scouse for the wife. The lad serving goes ' it's scouse in the house soon.' I just looked at him and said ' what ' and he says to me in a dead slow voice ' you know scouse in the house? '

No I don't know you fucking prick. He must have realised I was about to drag him through the hole and bucked up his attitude. ( he meant he was coming round with a tiny thimble of scouse for people to eat, which wouldn't do as a meal anyway. ) Cocksmoker.

Anyway, er yeah, love the Ship N Mitre. Just had to get that off my chest.

Cajun fries from that hole in the wall are outstanding. £2 for a massive bowl of them.

Yeah, I had a bowl of normal chips. Nearly couldn't eat it. Must have been a whole bag of potatoes in theres. Lovely.

Just got in here now for a couple and it's packed. Might have something to do with The Vernon being closed because a van and Lexus had an argument and the Lexus pushed the van into The Vernon's wall. Can't we all just get along?

Can't wait to go tomorrow night, haven't been for a couple of months. I'll think of you lying in bed shitting yourself Furmedge mate when I'm having a nice pint of dark Erdinger.

They do some nice lagers in there... I can't get too drunk on ale makes me sleepy if I have too many pints. Boss boozer that the s&m

Can't wait to go tomorrow night' date=' haven't been for a couple of months. I'll think of you lying in bed shitting yourself Furmedge mate when I'm having a nice pint of dark Erdinger.[/quote']

My shit looks like a pint of dark Erdinger.

Checkmate.

Ye hole in the wall. Only my opinion like. I just love it in there.

I like ye hole in the wall, but it's miles away from being as good as the ship. Decent pub though. I'm upstairs in the ship now drinking an Oktoberfest erdinger which they've got on draught.

Finally got round to going in there before the Noel Gallagher gig in September. Was pushed for time so only had a quick pint of strawberry lager. Maybe I should tell this story in the 'I am man, hear me roar' thread.

In my defence, I've drank Erdinger at a few boozers in the past which is why I went for something different.

I'm supping a Hofbrau Oktoberfest right now at home, but I'll probably head into the Ship after work Monday and give the Erdinger draft one a go.

I like ye hole in the wall' date=' but it's miles away from being as good as the ship. Decent pub though. I'm upstairs in the ship now drinking an Oktoberfest erdinger which they've got on draught.[/quote']

I'm on an all dayer tomorrow in town, starting in the ship and hoping to try the Erdinger Oktoberfest if it's still on.

I'm on an all dayer tomorrow in town' date=' starting in the ship and hoping to try the Erdinger Oktoberfest if it's still on.[/quote']

It should be, I went back for a second and they had just put a new barrel in and said it takes 30 mins to settle! The one I had was nice though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• Saturday Jun 8:   Fuck all happening at the moment. The most interesting thing I saw today was something on Twitter that might have been complete bollocks for all I know. It got my attention though. Klopp was apparently invited onto the Graham Norton Show but declined, as he preferred to go on holiday instead.    Completely understand why Kloppo couldn’t be arsed with it, as he doesn’t get much opportunity to get away from it all and spend time with the family. Besides, he’s not really into all that celebrity jazz anyway. Still, imagine how fucking funny he’d have been on there. He’s the only manager with the personality to pull a show like that off.   Actually I tell a lie, my man Tim Sherwood could do it. If he had a job. And if he ever actually won something. Tell you who couldn’t pull it off. Pep, the boring bastard. He’d be whining about not getting credit for his treble and telling everyone about how big John Stones' balls are. Actually, that might make decent telly thinking about it.   Is this what the summer is going to reduce me to? Just talking absolute shite about nothing to fill space? Anyone makes a crack that it doesn't take the summer to have me doing that can fuck off.   Oh wait, something did actually happen today. Robbo scored a screamer for Scotland. It was like the shot he had in the final against Spurs only this one went in. Willing to bet here and now that he bags at least a couple like that next year. He’s finding his range I reckon. Imagine how good he’ll be when he adds a few goals to his armoury. We’re talking Balon d’or.
      Sunday Jun 9:   England won the third place game against the Swiss after penalties. I didn’t watch it as to be honest I didn’t even know it was on. I wouldn’t have watched even if I had known, but I might have dipped in and out of it just to check on Shaq.   Trent had a good game, apparently. I only know this because Lineker was tweeting about him. Again. Lineker obsesses about Trent almost as much as Man City’s press office obsesses about the Reds.   In the final, Portugal beat Holland, which is a minor blow to Virgil’s hopes of pipping Messi. It shouldn’t make any difference either way really, but if he’d skippered Holland to this trophy it might have had an influence. Bernardo Silva was named player of the tournament, much to the visible disgust of Ronaldo.        Maybe he is just a selfish, self absorbed, individual glory above the team wanker, or maybe he’s just playing up to that now and it’s all just some elaborate in-joke between him and his team-mates.   He pulls this kind of shit all the time. The hissy fit he threw a few years ago when Arbeloa nipped in front of him to score a back post tap in was sensational. Is he really this much of a diva or is he just winding us all up? I reckon it’s a bit of both, as that one today can’t possibly be real.    Meanwhile, one of his Portugal team-mates is hoping for a call from the Reds. Bruno Fernandez (who I mentioned a couple of weeks ago after he said he likes us better than City), is reportedly wanted by Spurs to replace Eriksen but he’s holding out in the hope that Klopp makes a move.   United want him too, but what self respecting decent footballer is going to join that circus when there are better offers on the table?    They are on the brink of signing that Welsh winger from Swansea and they’re being linked with Longstaff from Newcastle. They have no idea what they’re doing. They tried the “throw massive money at superstars” approach and it bombed spectacularly. So now they’re going oppo and doing it the “sign young and hungry players from unfashionable clubs” route.   It won’t work because they don’t have the structure (or manager) in place to make it work. It’s a long way back for them fuckers.     This is just a teaser, click here to read the full article   Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 
    • I'll give you Alisson (bought months later obviously), where has Klopp been clear that there is no VVD purchase without Coutinho leaving? We tried to buy him in the previous summer of course, or was that just a smokescreen?
    • The important thing here is, what's his natural position? 
    • Because in the summer he wanted us to sell for the 90m or whatever it was Barca were offering at the time and we wouldn't sell at that fee. As soon as they met our asking price, Linda and John were at his house packing his bags. 
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Now

• Popular Contributors