Quantcast
The Ship and Mitre - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

grazywalker

The Ship and Mitre

The Vernon on Dale St used to be a sound drinker and will be again under Jimmy. I'll see you in there for a good few pints one Friday night mate if you are over this side, you, me and AoT shovelling the ale down sounds a plan.

Ah ha, that's the one on the corner of the street the Premier Inn's on isn't it? That's my cheap overnight footie stay hotel of choice. Ace. Staggering distance.

was in the ship and mitre last night with the child bride and walked past the vernon.have to say i have my doubts that it will be open for grand national weekend.doesnt look to have been much work done on it yet.,but on a happier note ,i won a fiver on the quiz machine .

No. Some nice ones behind the bar though;)

was in the pig and whistle last saturday week and they had a gorgeous barmaid there called sarah amongst others

tall, thin, gorgeous, black hair, fair skin and great personality

anyway there was a karaoke night on and she got up and sang and blew the place away - fanatstic singer tto boot

a top night and a top bar

needless to say i crawled home alone with nothing but memories to keep me warm

was in the pig and whistle last saturday week and they had a gorgeous barmaid there called sarah amongst others

tall, thin, gorgeous, black hair, fair skin and great personality

anyway there was a karaoke night on and she got up and sang and blew the place away - fanatstic singer tto boot

a top night and a top bar

needless to say i crawled home alone with nothing but memories to keep me warm

Repped for consistently top quality perving.

Going to get the Beer Cellar about half 6, then walk over the Ship about 8ish and Stay there until closing time. I plan on being smashed.

Going to get the Beer Cellar about half 6, then walk over the Ship about 8ish and Stay there until closing time. I plan on being smashed.

And you'll let your guard down and BANG Paulie Dangerously is all up in your shit in work next week

Haven't been in for a while but The Excelsior was a cracking pub. Actually preferred it to the Ship and Mitre, even though it's way more studenty but still with that indefinable 'scouse' atmosphere the best pubs in town have.

Love the Ship & Mitre. Do they still have the cider 'festival' there? I say festival, it's a bacchanalian orgy of scrumpy, and pork offal snacks. I swear the air was turned slightly green in there after the last one.

Fuck is a gourmet burger? Does it mean it's got a stick in it and some lettuce?

Thats pretty much it lid, I got a gourmet burger from Wethies and it had a stick in it and a little stick-flag indicating if it was rare or well-done.

Proper Michellin star.

Haven't been in for a while but The Excelsior was a cracking pub. Actually preferred it to the Ship and Mitre, even though it's way more studenty but still with that indefinable 'scouse' atmosphere the best pubs in town have.

The Excelsior's been done up and reopened recently (in the last 12 months or so) - now owned by the same people as the Cross Keys off Old Hall Street. Decent selection of 5-6 guest ales and it doesn't tend to get as madly busy as the Ship can, even on a Friday evening/Saturday afternoon.

Fuck is a gourmet burger? Does it mean it's got a stick in it and some lettuce?

Not in the S&M. Massive thick slab of meat - real meat - with herbs and spices and flavour and stuff.

I got in at quarter to four after waking the wife up and making her come and get me in town. I am in a fucking state, been vomiting all day.

The last thing I can remember is being in flares, drinking a jug of jagerbomb and trying to do the dance off the inbetweeners film.

I am 85% dead.

Sounds like a quality hangover, Ape. Did the wife make you sleep on the sofa?

I've no idea what happened, I woke up in bed but she's not speaking to me so I don't know what I did when I got in. Even the dogs are ignoring me the hairy little bastards.

This is the worst hangover I've had in years.