Quantcast
The Ship and Mitre - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

grazywalker

The Ship and Mitre

anyone know the pig and whistle which is down nearb the docks near the thistle hotel? whats it like?

Brilliant. I go there before the m*tch. Landlord bitter is the knees of bees

Don't we all, phily, don't we all.

That was an unprovoked, undeserved, and very harsh joke that Cain.

I like it!

Under my guidance, you are turning into more of a cunt than many ever thought possible. Gone are the days of innocent, happy, Dennis Taylor lookalike lad from Belfast. You should be proud.

Best pub in Liverpool by miles.

Many, many drunken nights off bottles of Jever (and that's easy stuff) followed by whatever whiskey they have on offer.

Just go in and ask for their choice from the 3 bottles for £9 fridge. You can't go wrong.

Are there any festivals coming up there?

REAL ALE FESTIVALS

22ND TO 26TH APRIL 2009

30TH SEPT TO 4TH OCT 2009

25TH TO 29TH NOV 2009

GERMAN BEER AND BRITISH CIDERFEST

WED 25TH MAR TO SUN29TH MAR 2009

WED 17TH JUNE TO SUN 21ST JUNE 2009

WED 29TH OCT TO SUN 1ST NOV 2009.

I liked it.

you liked it because you were awake in the bar

that douche who thought me having a shirt about an imaginary sister being bummed by a forum legend amounted to incest was a great way to start the night out

Divn't worry Gravy lad, you and the Missus will be fine. The ale is sound and there wont be any nobheads. The Excelsior just up the way is also trouble free.

The Excy was always kept nobhead-free by the former manager (Jimmy the professional Acelotti-a-like). Unfortunately, he got kicked out by brewery bastards and the new bloke is, apparently, much more "relaxed" in his attitude to beak in the bogs.

(Same thing happened in 2001 when a brewery hoofed him out of the Brunswick, which rapidly went down the shitter as the management couldn't keep the nobheads out.)

The happy ending is that Jimmy is currently refurbishing the Vernon and is hoping to have it up and running in time for National weekend.

The Excy was always kept nobhead-free by the former manager (Jimmy the professional Acelotti-a-like). Unfortunately, he got kicked out by brewery bastards and the new bloke is, apparently, much more "relaxed" in his attitude to beak in the bogs.

(Same thing happened in 2001 when a brewery hoofed him out of the Brunswick, which rapidly went down the shitter as the management couldn't keep the nobheads out.)

The happy ending is that Jimmy is currently refurbishing the Vernon and is hoping to have it up and running in time for National weekend.

a good halewood lad,jimmy.

Bad news about the Exc, quality news aboot The Vernon, I used to drink in there years ago and will do so again now Jimmy is in charge. Jimmy is a good fella.

I hate it when the Brewery go sticking their noses in things, I understand that they are in charge of the place but too often they undermine the pub manager, and in my experience the pub manager tends to be spot on

The one on the corner of Dale St and Vernon St I imagine Comrade.

Ah, I know the one.

I know some people who live in Kenny and there's a pub by theirs called The Vernon that looks a bit of a hole. I thought it was getting good feedback for a sec!

what's the name of the other pub in town that does a huge selection of german etc beers. walk in bar is on the right bogs are upstairs, quite a big place, loads of wood

Ah, I know the one.

I know some people who live in Kenny and there's a pub by theirs called The Vernon that looks a bit of a hole. I thought it was getting good feedback for a sec!

The Vernon on Dale St used to be a sound drinker and will be again under Jimmy. I'll see you in there for a good few pints one Friday night mate if you are over this side, you, me and AoT shovelling the ale down sounds a plan.