You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ship and Mitre

grazywalker

• 2 months later...
Found out today they're opening a Ship & Mitre off licence on Whitechapel in the next few weeks. Christmas Day bevvies in the house sorted.

Splendid.

Was in there Wednesday with the missus before going the Arctic Monkeys gig. Too many student bellwhiffs in there, waited behind two at the bar and they said they were ' just looking ' for a good two minutes while I had to wait behind them. The barmaid finally says there are people behind you have you made your mind up and one of them said ' yeah we have, our mate with the money is outside we'll go and get him and come back ' which they never.

Also ordered food in there. Went to the little hole in the wall place where you order it and asked for scouse for the wife. The lad serving goes ' it's scouse in the house soon.' I just looked at him and said ' what ' and he says to me in a dead slow voice ' you know scouse in the house? '

No I don't know you fucking prick. He must have realised I was about to drag him through the hole and bucked up his attitude. ( he meant he was coming round with a tiny thimble of scouse for people to eat, which wouldn't do as a meal anyway. ) Cocksmoker.

Anyway, er yeah, love the Ship N Mitre. Just had to get that off my chest.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Can't wait to go tomorrow night' date=' haven't been for a couple of months. I'll think of you lying in bed shitting yourself Furmedge mate when I'm having a nice pint of dark Erdinger.[/quote']

My shit looks like a pint of dark Erdinger.

Checkmate.

Finally got round to going in there before the Noel Gallagher gig in September. Was pushed for time so only had a quick pint of strawberry lager. Maybe I should tell this story in the 'I am man, hear me roar' thread.

In my defence, I've drank Erdinger at a few boozers in the past which is why I went for something different.

I like ye hole in the wall' date=' but it's miles away from being as good as the ship. Decent pub though. I'm upstairs in the ship now drinking an Oktoberfest erdinger which they've got on draught.[/quote']

I'm on an all dayer tomorrow in town, starting in the ship and hoping to try the Erdinger Oktoberfest if it's still on.

I'm on an all dayer tomorrow in town' date=' starting in the ship and hoping to try the Erdinger Oktoberfest if it's still on.[/quote']

It should be, I went back for a second and they had just put a new barrel in and said it takes 30 mins to settle! The one I had was nice though.