You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ship and Mitre

grazywalker

The Vernon on Dale St used to be a sound drinker and will be again under Jimmy. I'll see you in there for a good few pints one Friday night mate if you are over this side, you, me and AoT shovelling the ale down sounds a plan.

Ah ha, that's the one on the corner of the street the Premier Inn's on isn't it? That's my cheap overnight footie stay hotel of choice. Ace. Staggering distance.

was in the ship and mitre last night with the child bride and walked past the vernon.have to say i have my doubts that it will be open for grand national weekend.doesnt look to have been much work done on it yet.,but on a happier note ,i won a fiver on the quiz machine .

• 3 weeks later...
No. Some nice ones behind the bar though;)

was in the pig and whistle last saturday week and they had a gorgeous barmaid there called sarah amongst others

tall, thin, gorgeous, black hair, fair skin and great personality

anyway there was a karaoke night on and she got up and sang and blew the place away - fanatstic singer tto boot

a top night and a top bar

needless to say i crawled home alone with nothing but memories to keep me warm

was in the pig and whistle last saturday week and they had a gorgeous barmaid there called sarah amongst others

tall, thin, gorgeous, black hair, fair skin and great personality

anyway there was a karaoke night on and she got up and sang and blew the place away - fanatstic singer tto boot

a top night and a top bar

needless to say i crawled home alone with nothing but memories to keep me warm

Repped for consistently top quality perving.

• 2 years later...
Haven't been in for a while but The Excelsior was a cracking pub. Actually preferred it to the Ship and Mitre, even though it's way more studenty but still with that indefinable 'scouse' atmosphere the best pubs in town have.

The Excelsior's been done up and reopened recently (in the last 12 months or so) - now owned by the same people as the Cross Keys off Old Hall Street. Decent selection of 5-6 guest ales and it doesn't tend to get as madly busy as the Ship can, even on a Friday evening/Saturday afternoon.

I got in at quarter to four after waking the wife up and making her come and get me in town. I am in a fucking state, been vomiting all day.

The last thing I can remember is being in flares, drinking a jug of jagerbomb and trying to do the dance off the inbetweeners film.

I am 85% dead.

Sounds like a quality hangover, Ape. Did the wife make you sleep on the sofa?

I've no idea what happened, I woke up in bed but she's not speaking to me so I don't know what I did when I got in. Even the dogs are ignoring me the hairy little bastards.

This is the worst hangover I've had in years.