You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ship and Mitre

grazywalker

Don't we all, phily, don't we all.

That was an unprovoked, undeserved, and very harsh joke that Cain.

I like it!

Under my guidance, you are turning into more of a cunt than many ever thought possible. Gone are the days of innocent, happy, Dennis Taylor lookalike lad from Belfast. You should be proud.

Are there any festivals coming up there?

REAL ALE FESTIVALS

22ND TO 26TH APRIL 2009

30TH SEPT TO 4TH OCT 2009

25TH TO 29TH NOV 2009

GERMAN BEER AND BRITISH CIDERFEST

WED 25TH MAR TO SUN29TH MAR 2009

WED 17TH JUNE TO SUN 21ST JUNE 2009

WED 29TH OCT TO SUN 1ST NOV 2009.

Divn't worry Gravy lad, you and the Missus will be fine. The ale is sound and there wont be any nobheads. The Excelsior just up the way is also trouble free.

The Excy was always kept nobhead-free by the former manager (Jimmy the professional Acelotti-a-like). Unfortunately, he got kicked out by brewery bastards and the new bloke is, apparently, much more "relaxed" in his attitude to beak in the bogs.

(Same thing happened in 2001 when a brewery hoofed him out of the Brunswick, which rapidly went down the shitter as the management couldn't keep the nobheads out.)

The happy ending is that Jimmy is currently refurbishing the Vernon and is hoping to have it up and running in time for National weekend.

The Excy was always kept nobhead-free by the former manager (Jimmy the professional Acelotti-a-like). Unfortunately, he got kicked out by brewery bastards and the new bloke is, apparently, much more "relaxed" in his attitude to beak in the bogs.

(Same thing happened in 2001 when a brewery hoofed him out of the Brunswick, which rapidly went down the shitter as the management couldn't keep the nobheads out.)

The happy ending is that Jimmy is currently refurbishing the Vernon and is hoping to have it up and running in time for National weekend.

a good halewood lad,jimmy.

Bad news about the Exc, quality news aboot The Vernon, I used to drink in there years ago and will do so again now Jimmy is in charge. Jimmy is a good fella.

Ah, I know the one.

I know some people who live in Kenny and there's a pub by theirs called The Vernon that looks a bit of a hole. I thought it was getting good feedback for a sec!

The Vernon on Dale St used to be a sound drinker and will be again under Jimmy. I'll see you in there for a good few pints one Friday night mate if you are over this side, you, me and AoT shovelling the ale down sounds a plan.