You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest The Chimp
Classy, would be the best left back in England if he wasn't so injury prone.

Definitely agree with that. Another great game from him.

A top class player especially when you consider he was signed on a free. So often he is described as "not good enough" by people on this site. Just a few months ago a thread was posted where his set piece delivery was chastised and he was described as shite. In truth it is only in the last six or so league games where he has been allowed to take set pieces over Gerrard and in that time he has scored two goals and picked up some assists.

Way to go Fabio!

A top class player especially when you consider he was signed on a free. So often he is described as "not good enough" by people on this site. Just a few months ago a thread was posted where his set piece delivery was chastised and he was described as shite. In truth it is only in the last six or so league games where he has been allowed to take set pieces over Gerrard and in that time he has scored two goals and picked up some assists.

Way to go Fabio!

Totally agree.

Thumbs up mate.

I've always like him, classy, proper footballer. I was mumbling that we need to see that fabled free kick prowess before he scored and then in it flew.

I haven't always rated him at all. I never thought he was shit, but I did feel that he was unproven as a defender, limited by a lack of pace and too fragile overall. The latter point remains a clear deficit for him, but his composure both on and off the ball, reading of the game and use of the ball are all very good. I still think there is room for improvement, but to improve on him would take a genuinely top class signing now.

I want to see the goal again as I only saw it briefly due to getting dived on by the boy as it went in. We then leapt around the house screaming and shouting through all the replays.

I haven't always rated him at all. I never thought he was shit, but I did feel that he was unproven as a defender, limited by a lack of pace and too fragile overall. The latter point remains a clear deficit for him, but his composure both on and off the ball, reading of the game and use of the ball are all very good. I still think there is room for improvement, but to improve on him would take a genuinely top class signing now.

I want to see the goal again as I only saw it briefly due to getting dived on by the boy as it went in. We then leapt around the house screaming and shouting through all the replays.

I think he's improved defensively since his Valencia days but he only ever struggles if he's been out of the side for a while. I think he's very accomplished in nearly every facet of his game and with him and Insua, I think left back isn't a problem for us at this moment.