You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Parents

Redder Lurtz

My mum is ace, she's the nicest person you could ever meet. Never knew my dad though and my step dad hardly registers. My grandparents were ace though but now they're both gone. My extended family are all horrible scumbags, liars and benefit fraudsters. It's pretty much my mother or bust as family goes for me and my younger sister.

My Mum and Dad rule. It was the hardest part about deciding to live in a different country. I don't regret the decision at all, but that doesn't make it easier. My Dad did me a tape of music to listen to before I left and it had this song on it, which still makes me cry.

[YOUTUBE]FyE8Y6sweNU[/YOUTUBE]

My ma came round last night to drop off a quiche she'd made for me because she was bored. Brilliant.

I go for an afternoon bevvy with me arl fella every couple of weeks and I swear he's still knocking back JD's and coke at 3am when I'm crying for my bed. Aceness.

My Mum isn't perfect, but I wouldn't swap the old trout for a bloody big clock (I would like to be able to mute her from time to time though). My Dad is a cunt. I hate even refering to him as my Father. I like to imagine I'm the result of a torrid extra-marital affair. My "real" dad would be intelligent, good-looking, rich, and nearly dead.

You wanna go halves on the cost of a private detective to find that real dad of yours?

My dad's name isn't even on the birth certificate. Never got 'round to asking me mother much about him.

If anyone on here was having an affair with a woman from Darwen in the early 60s PM me.

You wanna go halves on the cost of a private detective to find that real dad of yours?

My dad's name isn't even on the birth certificate. Never got 'round to asking me mother much about him.

If anyone on here was having an affair with a woman from Darwen in the early 60s PM me.

I can't remember much about the 60s. It may have been me.

Didn't have any parents as I was orphaned very young. Nonetheless, I am now one myself and try my best to be the bedrock for my kids to build on...seems to be working, as they tell me several times a day I'm the best dad in the universe and they love me - I try to teach them to always do the right thing and give them every minute I can. Maybe not having an example to follow isn't always a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

Mine neither step dad #1 went to court to have his name put on my birth certificate. As for a biological father, are you never curious about him? Im curious as hell to see what mine looks like, what he's like in general, my nan used to tell me things about him, and if i mimicked any of his mannerisms she'd point it out, that could be quite uncomfortable.

Guest ShoePiss
Even as a 40 year old bloke it's sometimes necessary to call on the parents for a bit of help and support. And in my time of need, mine have been there for me today. Parents fucking rock. God bless my Mum & Dad.

Surprised to learn you're 40 years old...