You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Lad who works in my mate's IT team has been suspended for asking some bird there if she had a boyfriend. 

Hahahaha unless he had his prick in his hand at the time then that is fucking ridiculous. 

"Morning nice weekend?"

"stop looking at my tits, he is looking at my tits!" 

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Lad who works in my mate's IT team has been suspended for asking some bird there if she had a boyfriend. 

That could be completely innocent. I've asked girls I've worked with do they have boyfriends, not because I want to ask them out but out of curiosity and you know, normal social interaction.

8 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I suspect there are more layers than the surface one given here, Sec.  Just a suspicion.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Mook said:

It was an IT guy so I'm picturing a load of weirdos standing around her when he asked, mouths hanging open & cups of tea spilling out on to the floor.

You could see why she might feel intimidated.

If he was a good looking sales chad she would've tittered and blushed. As it was an IT incel she's rightly felt scared

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

The office girls where I am were asking if I was single on my first day there. Damn direct Dutch women. I now realise how outraged I am and will be taking the next year off. 

Reminds me of that old joke: 

Fella goes to the checkout in the supermarket. Scans 4 ready meals for 1, 1 can of coke, 1 pint of milk and 1 loaf of bread.

Checkout girls goes "Do you mind if I ask sir, are you single?"

Fella all smug "Why, because i'm shopping for 1?" 

"No because you are one ugly cunt" 

• Upvote 2

A long read, but the gist is that a professor got in a lift at a conference, it was busy so someone asked people to shout out the floor they wanted and he’d press the button.  Professor shouts “Lady’s Lingerie”, a few people laugh.  Women’s Studies professor in the lift reports him and he’s in bother.  

https://quillette.com/2018/11/23/warning-telling-a-lame-joke-in-an-elevator-can-endanger-your-career/

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/11/british-film-institute-not-fund-movies-facial-scars-villains-1202024278/

British Film Institute Vows Not to Fund Movies With Facial-Scarred Villains

The British Film Institute (BFI) has announced it will no longer fund movies featuring villain characters with facial scars.

The organization’s decision supports the growing #IAmNotYourVillain campaign started by Changing Faces, the United Kingdom’s leading charity group for people with a visible difference such as a mark or scar. The group has made it their mission to de-stigmatize facial scars in film and television since scarring is often used on villains (see The Joker, Darth Vader, and more), and now the BFI is vowing to support that effort.

“Film is a catalyst for change and that is why we are committing to not having negative representations depicted through scars or facial difference in the films we fund,” BFI Deputy CEO Ben Roberts said in a statement. “This campaign speaks directly to the criteria in the BFI diversity standards, which call for meaningful representations on-screen. We fully support Changing Faces’s #IAmNotYourVillain campaign, and urge the rest of the film industry to do the same.”

Becky Hewitt, Changing Faces’ chief executive, added, “The film industry has such power to influence the public with its representation of diversity, and yet films use scars and looking different as a shorthand for villainy far too often.”

Not only will the BFI stop funding films with facially scarred villains, but it will also attempt to course-correct the conversation around visible differences by financing the film “Dirty God.” The drama, set to premiere at Sundance in January, stars Vicky Knight as a burn survivor reentering society after an acid attack.

Changing Faces provides advice, support, and psychosocial services to children, young people and adults with visible differences. According to the charity, there are 1.3 million people in the United Kingdom who have a visible difference. “We challenge discrimination and we campaign for Face Equality: a world that truly values and respects people who look different,” the charity’s website reads.

24 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/11/british-film-institute-not-fund-movies-facial-scars-villains-1202024278/

British Film Institute Vows Not to Fund Movies With Facial-Scarred Villains

The British Film Institute (BFI) has announced it will no longer fund movies featuring villain characters with facial scars.

The organization’s decision supports the growing #IAmNotYourVillain campaign started by Changing Faces, the United Kingdom’s leading charity group for people with a visible difference such as a mark or scar. The group has made it their mission to de-stigmatize facial scars in film and television since scarring is often used on villains (see The Joker, Darth Vader, and more), and now the BFI is vowing to support that effort.

“Film is a catalyst for change and that is why we are committing to not having negative representations depicted through scars or facial difference in the films we fund,” BFI Deputy CEO Ben Roberts said in a statement. “This campaign speaks directly to the criteria in the BFI diversity standards, which call for meaningful representations on-screen. We fully support Changing Faces’s #IAmNotYourVillain campaign, and urge the rest of the film industry to do the same.”

Becky Hewitt, Changing Faces’ chief executive, added, “The film industry has such power to influence the public with its representation of diversity, and yet films use scars and looking different as a shorthand for villainy far too often.”

Not only will the BFI stop funding films with facially scarred villains, but it will also attempt to course-correct the conversation around visible differences by financing the film “Dirty God.” The drama, set to premiere at Sundance in January, stars Vicky Knight as a burn survivor reentering society after an acid attack.

Changing Faces provides advice, support, and psychosocial services to children, young people and adults with visible differences. According to the charity, there are 1.3 million people in the United Kingdom who have a visible difference. “We challenge discrimination and we campaign for Face Equality: a world that truly values and respects people who look different,” the charity’s website reads.

Poor old Action Man is fucked.