You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not read that

All I read was he wanted fox to fund the documentary. I know Hank Azaria said he would hand the character over to a Indian actor. 

The stereotypes run right through the show. I would hardly call them demeaning. How long before the Italian league start on about Fat Tony, Jews moan about Krusty Dad disowning him etc. 

I think it's all well and good stopping nasty shit being said but I would hardly call anything in the Simpson's a major issue. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Yorkie yes, obviously, likewise Dairy Milk etc and Fry’s Chocolate Creams, but Picnics?

Thats up there with putting a Drifter or Double Decker in the fridge.

What is this place, the fucking Wild West?

I wouldn’t leave Picnics, Double Deckers, etc. in the fridge for any length of time, as they become  brittle. 5 to 10 minutes before eating, just enough to chill the chocolate, is sufficient.

16 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Not read that

All I read was he wanted fox to fund the documentary. I know Hank Azaria said he would hand the character over to a Indian actor. 

The stereotypes run right through the show. I would hardly call them demeaning. How long before the Italian league start on about Fat Tony, Jews moan about Krusty Dad disowning him etc. 

I think it's all well and good stopping nasty shit being said but I would hardly call anything in the Simpson's a major issue. 

If anyone is wondering where @Mook is, he's writing a very strong email to complain about the character Groundskeeper Willie.

I swear some people go out of their way to be offended.

Fuck it. I'm off to pen a very strong email that Bart is voiced by a woman.  

Couple of stories today caught my eye. 

First Lena Dunham is adapting a story into a film about a Syrian refugee which has caused murder. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/oct/30/lena-dunham-syrian-refugee-film-backlash?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

One of the comments from a professor in Maine:

“Surely there are storytellers who have actually been refugees, or at least had some experience with what it means to be marginalized, who could write this screenplay adaptation with authenticity & … not white privilege. Hard to think of a worse choice for this than Dunham.”

Now, I think Lena Dunham is a talentless hack as much as the next person and she’s a bellend as well for reasons stated in that article, but do you really have to be a refugee to adapt that screenplay? I don’t know. I mean, I don’t recall the calls for only Norwegians who actually survived the Breivik massacre to write that recent film.

The other story is about some divvy who edits a magazine for Waitrose responding to someone who pitched an article about Vegan food with a bit of a rude response:

“Hi Selene. Thanks for this. How about a series on killing vegans, one by one. Ways to trap them? How to interrogate them properly? Expose their hypocrisy? Force-feed them meat? Make them eat steak and drink red wine?”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/31/waitrose-magazine-editor-william-sitwell-steps-down-over-email-mocking-vegans?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Bit of a bellend response no doubt but he’s been forced to stand down. Do you really deserve to lose your job and livelihood for being a dickhead in a private email?

8 minutes ago, moof said:

So you’re allowed to threaten to kill people, on the company email, as long as it’s a joke?

If you believe he was truly threatening to kill people then you’re even more strange than I thought. At most I’d expect a ticking off, not for him to be fired.

The original article also says it was a private email by him so I’m assuming he wasn’t using the company account.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moof said:

So you’re allowed to threaten to kill people, on the company email, as long as it’s a joke?

I don’t think he was threatening to kill anybody, mate. In fact, even if taken literally and not being a sarcastic sod, which he obviously was, he was taking about writing a series. He was a bit of a tit, little else. 

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Couple of stories today caught my eye. 

First Lena Dunham is adapting a story into a film about a Syrian refugee which has caused murder. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/oct/30/lena-dunham-syrian-refugee-film-backlash?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

One of the comments from a professor in Maine:

“Surely there are storytellers who have actually been refugees, or at least had some experience with what it means to be marginalized, who could write this screenplay adaptation with authenticity & … not white privilege. Hard to think of a worse choice for this than Dunham.”

Now, I think Lena Dunham is a talentless hack as much as the next person and she’s a bellend as well for reasons stated in that article, but do you really have to be a refugee to adapt that screenplay? I don’t know. I mean, I don’t recall the calls for only Norwegians who actually survived the Breivik massacre to write that recent film.

The other story is about some divvy who edits a magazine for Waitrose responding to someone who pitched an article about Vegan food with a bit of a rude response:

“Hi Selene. Thanks for this. How about a series on killing vegans, one by one. Ways to trap them? How to interrogate them properly? Expose their hypocrisy? Force-feed them meat? Make them eat steak and drink red wine?”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/31/waitrose-magazine-editor-william-sitwell-steps-down-over-email-mocking-vegans?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Bit of a bellend response no doubt but he’s been forced to stand down. Do you really deserve to lose your job and livelihood for being a dickhead in a private email?

I remember Jimmy McGovern involving the Dockers in his Dockers drama and it was shite.

Interview people by all means, but if you've ever been to a writing class you'll see why people who make it big are paid well.