You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 5 months later...

"James Bond slammed for 'reinforcing negative stereotypes' with pock-faced baddie."

TV’s David Baddiel wrote online: “I note the trailer keen to show off new levels of diversity for Bond, all good.

“But one thing that will never change in this kind of storytelling is: people with facial scarring – people who do not conform to conventional facial attractiveness are villains."

Another said: “Please stop using scars to denote so many of your villains. Yours, a person with scars.”

2 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Just me who thinks he has a point? A person with scarring or deformities can no more change their appearance than a person with dark skin. It can't be much fun for them to see people like them being stereotyped as villains. 

Suspect it's got something to do with his backstory no? Bomb blew up in his face or some shit, rather than people with spots all wanting to take over the world.

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"

Another said: “Please stop using scars to denote so many of your villains. Yours, a person with scars.”

I don't give a fuck

From someone who's whose hip is scarred and torso is completed scarred to fuck and mishappen 

52 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

I fucking despise David Baddiel, he is every inch a self serving, cat licking its own arse hole level of smug, repugnant fucking wanker.

Man that did blackface in the 90s screams on twitter about people being portrayed as bad guys because of scars

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

I don't give a fuck

From someone who's whose hip is scarred and torso is completed scarred to fuck and mishappen 

Aye, I have a good few myself due to operations and shit, going to have a few more on my neck/head by the time I shrug off shingles, luckily kily the ones on grid are small and add to my refined good looks. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Man that did blackface in the 90s screams on twitter about people being portrayed as bad guys because of scars

Anyone would think he is either now over-compensating because of this, or he only gives a fuck about minorities of which he is part.

• Upvote 1