You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

The change comes as one customer questioned the firm after her four-year-old son asked if "girls, boys and mummies" can use them.

In-the-history-of-things-that-never-happ

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Basically, some company has decided to give one of its brands a refresh  (as companies do) and they've dressed it up in a way that will achieve maximum publicity at minimum cost.

Not sure it's maximum publicity. I reckon they'd have got more publicity if they'd renamed them Kleenex Spunkrags.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Family packs of biscuits are surely discriminatory too, what if someone doesn't have a family?

Reminds me of a mad thing my dad used to do: when his mum died, he was well into his 60s, but he took it as an opportunity to tell everyone he was now an orphan.

Identical twins though

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Family packs of biscuits are surely discriminatory too, what if someone doesn't have a family?

Reminds me of a mad thing my dad used to do: when his mum died, he was well into his 60s, but he took it as an opportunity to tell everyone he was now an orphan.

Q5FT.gif

• Upvote 3

Fuck sake

Some Indian American started bitching about the character Apu in the Simpson's and was trying to get fox to fund his documentary over it. So Apu has been written out the show. I know the Simpson's been average for years but Apu was great

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Fuck sake

Some Indian American started bitching about the character Apu in the Simpson's and was trying to get fox to fund his documentary over it. So Apu has been written out the show. I know the Simpson's been average for years but Apu was great

No frigging way! I can't believe they've done that, last I heard Hank Azaria was willing to stand aside for an Indian actor to take over voicing the role, I can't believe they've gone that far!

I don't like to use the phrase political correctness gone mad, but it is a bit ridiculous!

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Fuck sake

That's not really it.

An Indian American made a documentaryabout the obvious fact that although everyone  (including the documentary maker himself) loves Apu, there's no getting away from the obvious fact that he is a racial stereotype of the sort that was acceptable in the 80s.

More to the point, kids are getting bullied and Hank Azaria isn't happy about it.