You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scum

Im 36 years of age,and have seen a fair bit of the troubles,most of which i hoped was behind us.

I will look at my kids in the morning 6 and 3 through 2 very different eyes.Why did we let these c*nts suck us in??My blood is boiling right now.

Dicks who can't let the past go and will never settle until the 39 counties are united, irregardless of the fact 95% of the people who live on the island don't want/don't care about it.

Cool, do we get an extra bonus 7 counties if the island is united? :thumbup:

Joking aside, I don't see why people are overly surprised that this may all start up again. The Republicans have been fighting for a re-united Ireland for 100s of years, and despite all that's been said and done, there is still British control of the North. While that continues with no sign of a step towards Britain handing back the 6 counties, then the provos are always likely to start up a campaign again. The provos will always point to fact that the gun got them the 26 counties, so they will revert to type in an effort to get the final 6.

Also, given that there was never any real pressure on the loyalists to hand over their guns, despite the republicans show of good faith in putting theirs beyond use, it is no surprise that they may now feel that it was all just done to silence the Nationalist side while leaving the unionists running the show up there.

I really fail to see how the British Government thought that the IRA would just accept the continued British occupation and, for all intents and purposes, just give up on their original goals and surrender.

One thing that will be different though is the support for the IRA. In the 80s there was real support North and South of the border for what the IRA were trying to achieve and British military causalities were excused as the results of war. Now however, people will not accept this and I expect to se a huge public backlash from these deaths. Hopefully enough of a backlash to maybe stop this all starting again.

One thing is for certain, there will always be a threat of this kicking off while the Island of Ireland remains in partition. But then of course, if the Island was re-united then the loyalists would be blowing the shite out of everything. So, in truth, it'll never really end.

If the republicans start trying to mobilise themselves and acquire weapons again, it'll be interesting to see if the USA's stance towards them has changed now that they've had their own little taste of domestic pyrotechnics.

It's not very nice is it Cletus?

Did these guys hijack a pizza delivery car or did they somehow just have one and used it as a decoy?

Just had the news on Cain and they said that they followed the pizza van to the base. Seems a little coincidental that.

I reckon this is something similar to the storyline of LOST, where since six of them managed to leave the Island and go to America, the ones who are still stranded on the Island are in danger, and the Island itself is in danger.

Cain, you need to go back man, go back!

I reckon this is something similar to the storyline of LOST, where since six of them managed to leave the Island and go to America, the ones who are still stranded on the Island are in danger, and the Island itself is in danger.

Cain, you need to go back man, go back!

Not long now until I do!

Yep, even before the bomb plot outside the school in Castlewellan at the end of January.

There is literally two or three bomb scares in Belfast a week that turn out to be false alarms, the police were definitely anticipating something.

I can't believe the last soldier shot was 12 years ago. There will definitely be tit for tat bollocks that will follow this I reckon.

Yep, I'm also a bit wary of this whole pizza delivery thing.

Just had the news on Cain and they said that they followed the pizza van to the base. Seems a little coincidental that.

Yip,something suss about that.

People need to wake up to the true threat of pizza. It's like the apocalyptic horseman and Kate Adie, it's always around when there's war.

Threat from dissident republicans in Ulster 'highest for seven years' | UK news | The Guardian

One security official ... added that the short term strategy of groups like the Real and Continuity IRA is to target and kill Catholic members of the PSNI to deter others from joining the police service as well as to create maximum political embarrassment for Sinn Féin.

"What they dearly want is to see a scenario where a leading Sinn Féin figure is pictured or filmed walking behind the coffin of a dead Catholic PSNI officer. Then the dissidents can point and say that their former comrades have truly joined the establishment,"

What we have to look forward to. How pathetic.

They believe in different versions of the same imaginary friend.

In a nutshell.

You only had to look at the grief those kids going to school got a while back for belonging to a different sect to know that the same shit was bubbling under the surface and that the two communities were as far apart as they ever have been.