You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Jennings said:

That was a great book. Difficult read, but fascinating.

Absolutely. Most books on the troubles are, from both sides of the fence. Harrowing too. 

EDIT: The line I quoted is from the movie adaption. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolutely. Most books on the troubles are, from both sides of the fence. Harrowing too. 

EDIT: The line I quoted is from the movie adaption. 

The most harrowing I read was Shankill Butchers about Lenny Murphy and his gang murdering and butchering innocent Roman Catholics.

Just now, A Red said:

The most harrowing I read was Shankill Butchers about Lenny Murphy and his gang murdering and butchering innocent Roman Catholics.

I'm not sure its that exact one but I read one on them and they were absolute bastards. 

This for me is far and away the best. Pulls no punches for eitehr side

51XHIkqSN7L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I'm not sure its that exact one but I read one on them and they were absolute bastards. 

This for me is far and away the best. Pulls no punches for eitehr side

51XHIkqSN7L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I shall look out for that

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

We all know the context in which these actions took place. Are you justifying this week's riots ? 

26 minutes ago, A Red said:

No

5 hours ago, A Red said:

Politicians attending a covid rules breaking funeral for Bobby Storey, a murderous cunt and terrorist. 

Then why post it ? I would guess everyone posting here knows about the funeral, who attended and it's relation to Covid rules. 

You wrote nothing else in your post, just that one line. What was the context of the post ?

The real issue here is the NI Protocol, the funeral is nothing more than a side-show.

NI Brexiteers were so caught up in celebrating their famous victory no-one bothered to check the protocol consequences. A gov't body advised about the dangers years before but they were too stupid and ignorant to take it on board.

A good politician would seek to improve the Protocol, consider reasonable alternatives, swallow their pride, work along with people they don't like for the common good.

Unfortunately good politicians are in short supply in NI. They'd rather blame the EU, irish gov't, remoaners, Boris or stir up sectarian tension to deflect from their incompetence

19 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Then why post it ? I would guess everyone posting here knows about the funeral, who attended and it's relation to Covid rules. 

You wrote nothing else in your post, just that one line. What was the context of the post ?

Because no-one else had mentioned it, nor the fact that it became relevant now because a decision has only just been made not to prosecute.

I'm not trying to justify the rioting I'm adding something a bit different to the "DUP are cunts" "Arlene is an ugly bitch", "Loyalists are cunts" etc. 

6 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Hypocrites just like you. You don't think that this is on the DUP?

You keep coming up with what about shit.

I have added factually correct context (funeral of terrorist etc) which nobody else has brought up in this thread. You can point out where I'm wrong, i'e explain to me that he wasnt a terrorist or the Dep First Minister didnt attend illegally.

Otherwise stop petty point scoring 

2 hours ago, A Red said:

You keep coming up with what about shit.

I have added factually correct context (funeral of terrorist etc) which nobody else has brought up in this thread. You can point out where I'm wrong, i'e explain to me that he wasnt a terrorist or the Dep First Minister didnt attend illegally.

Otherwise stop petty point scoring 

So it is not a fact that Dep First Minister attended illegally.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2021/03/30/no-charges-recommended-over-covid-breaches-at-bobby-storey-funeral/

No prosecutions have been recommended over alleged breaches of Covid-19 regulations last year at the funeral of senior republican Bobby Storey.

Northern Ireland’s deputy First Minister Michelle O’Neill was among 24 interviewed by police over the scenes at the funeral in west Belfast in June.

The Public Prosecution Service (PPS) director of public prosecutions Stephen Herron said he acknowledged “widespread public concern” around events on June 30, 2020.

However he said the regulations had become “extremely difficult to navigate” with 10 different amendments.

“Prosecutions can only be brought where the available evidence provides a reasonable prospect of proving, beyond reasonable doubt, a breach of the criminal law,” he said.

“As a result of the factors considered we have concluded that the prosecution could not prove any breach of the regulations to the required standard.”

• Upvote 1

Read a book called Big Boys Rules about the shoot to kill policy in the 80s. Enjoyed it if that's the right word.

Went into the SAS's role and how active terrorism suddenly became less fun but, ultimately, it was a counter productive policy for various reasons I'm sure you can all work out

54 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

So it is not a fact that Dep First Minister attended illegally.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2021/03/30/no-charges-recommended-over-covid-breaches-at-bobby-storey-funeral/

No prosecutions have been recommended over alleged breaches of Covid-19 regulations last year at the funeral of senior republican Bobby Storey.

Northern Ireland’s deputy First Minister Michelle O’Neill was among 24 interviewed by police over the scenes at the funeral in west Belfast in June.

The Public Prosecution Service (PPS) director of public prosecutions Stephen Herron said he acknowledged “widespread public concern” around events on June 30, 2020.

However he said the regulations had become “extremely difficult to navigate” with 10 different amendments.

“Prosecutions can only be brought where the available evidence provides a reasonable prospect of proving, beyond reasonable doubt, a breach of the criminal law,” he said.

“As a result of the factors considered we have concluded that the prosecution could not prove any breach of the regulations to the required standard.”

I know no prosecution was brought . Plenty think it should have been, particularly as the rules at the time said that you were able to attend a funeral only if close family were unable to attend. Close family did attend.

22 minutes ago, A Red said:

I know no prosecution was brought . Plenty think it should have been, particularly as the rules at the time said that you were able to attend a funeral only if close family were unable to attend. Close family did attend.

I actually agree with you, but what plenty think is irrelevant, the police have said there wasn't enough evidence, relevant to the rules at the time, to get a conviction. Innocent until proven guilty does not mean it is a fact that she acted illegally. 

I just don't understand the relevance of it in relation to people talking about the rioting that has taken place over the last week or so. If you don't believe the "illegality" has some baring on the rioting, then why bring it up ? 

Unless you just instinctively don't like people saying nasty thigs about DUP, Unionists, Loyalists etc. 

11 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I actually agree with you, but what plenty think is irrelevant, the police have said there wasn't enough evidence, relevant to the rules at the time, to get a conviction. Innocent until proven guilty does not mean it is a fact that she acted illegally. 

I just don't understand the relevance of it in relation to people talking about the rioting that has taken place over the last week or so. If you don't believe the "illegality" has some baring on the rioting, then why bring it up ? 

Unless you just instinctively don't like people saying nasty thigs about DUP, Unionists, Loyalists etc. 

I do think the illegality has some bearing on the rioting, it is a contributing factor. A leading member of your government attends a terrorists funeral, a terrorist who was trying to kill people from your community, that was attending it against the rules. I dont know how you felt about Dominic Cummings but plenty were pissed off about what he did, this was far worse in some peoples eyes. As I said before, there was no mention in the posts in this thread about this, so I did.

I do have a leaning towards Unionist/Loyalists, I started school in Belfast and my Grandad is buried at Roselawn (near George Best), same place as Storeys funeral . My mothers side were unionists.

Just to be clear, I dont condone the rioting at all, they are cunts being led by drug gang cunts.

I might be sticking my neck out here but I doubt a single one of them little shits the other night give a flying fuck about anyone attending a funeral. As people have said, the drug gangs and old bastards hanging onto hatred are behind it all. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I might be sticking my neck out here but I doubt a single one of them little shits the other night give a flying fuck about anyone attending a funeral. As people have said, the drug gangs and old bastards hanging onto hatred are behind it all. 

Yeah this. Sure when was that funeral she attended anyway? Must be over 6 months ago now? 

29 minutes ago, A Red said:

I do think the illegality has some bearing on the rioting, it is a contributing factor. A leading member of your government attends a terrorists funeral, a terrorist who was trying to kill people from your community, that was attending it against the rules. I dont know how you felt about Dominic Cummings but plenty were pissed off about what he did, this was far worse in some peoples eyes. As I said before, there was no mention in the posts in this thread about this, so I did.

I do have a leaning towards Unionist/Loyalists, I started school in Belfast and my Grandad is buried at Roselawn (near George Best), same place as Storeys funeral . My mothers side were unionists.

Just to be clear, I dont condone the rioting at all, they are cunts being led by drug gang cunts.

So it sounds that you do believe that the funeral and subsequent non prosecution is some justification for the rioting. 

In my previous post I wrote a paragraph in relation to Cummings and people breaking lockdown. I ended with I understand their justification for breaking lockdown but do not condone it. I obviously decided to delete the paragraph.

There is a clear difference between justify and condone.

19 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

So it sounds that you do believe that the funeral and subsequent non prosecution is some justification for the rioting. 

In my previous post I wrote a paragraph in relation to Cummings and people breaking lockdown. I ended with I understand their justification for breaking lockdown but do not condone it. I obviously decided to delete the paragraph.

There is a clear difference between justify and condone.

I dont believe any of the reasons they are rioting for are justified nor do I condone them rioting.

You might say that Arlene is a contributing factor and I might say Michelle is, they both probably are.