You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

They were saying last night that MI5 had been brought in because something was going to go off, looks like it was too late.

Nice timing though, what with worldwide financial collapse and wars on two fronts. Worth a pop I suppose from their point of view.

Fuck, wonder if they'll start working with the muslim terror groups over here now?!

Don't panic.

They were saying last night that MI5 had been brought in because something was going to go off, looks like it was too late.

Nice timing though, what with worldwide financial collapse and wars on two fronts. Worth a pop I suppose from their point of view.

Fuck, wonder if they'll start working with the muslim terror groups over here now?!

Don't panic.

That won't happen Mark, It won't get that bad again.

Guest ShoePiss

Don't panic.

Well a certain UK based terrorist group didn't have any problem scheming with the Nazis and Gaddafi so why not?

My mam is from Dundalk and I remember being in Dundalk when I was 16 (1986) and being told I shouldn't visit my Aunt's family in Newry as I may be mistaken for a squaddie. I also remember visiting my other Aunt's family when younger, who lived just across the border in Jonesborough and seeing British soldiers lying in ditches pointing machine guns at us (my mam, me and two younger sisters), and British army helicopters were regularly flying over my Aunt's family's house.

I also remember Dundalk being a shrine to Bobby Sands when he started his hunger strike, I was 12 and my grandad who was ex-IRA from the 1916 uprising had just died (he had a full IRA military style funeral with provos shooting over his coffin). The mood in the town was not nice and my Scottie Road born dad had to be careful where he went.

Sorry for boring everyone with my childhood memories, but after attending my cousin's wedding last year in Carlingford Loch (what a beautiful part of the world) I can't believe anyone wants to go back to those days. These dissident republicans need to be forcibly informed that they have no support, and there is no going back.

Is Carlingford the little village just by Carlingford Lough (may sound like a stupid question, but there is more than one Carlingford)?

If so, I've been there quite a few times (my nanny has lived in Warrenpoint and Rostrevor so we used to pick her up and go to Carlingford for lunch).

You are right, it was/is a nice village. If it is the place I am thinking of, it had cobbled stones on some of the back roads.

My mam is from Dundalk and I remember being in Dundalk when I was 16 (1986) and being told I shouldn't visit my Aunt's family in Newry as I may be mistaken for a squaddie. I also remember visiting my other Aunt's family when younger, who lived just across the border in Jonesborough and seeing British soldiers lying in ditches pointing machine guns at us (my mam, me and two younger sisters), and British army helicopters were regularly flying over my Aunt's family's house.

I also remember Dundalk being a shrine to Bobby Sands when he started his hunger strike, I was 12 and my grandad who was ex-IRA from the 1916 uprising had just died (he had a full IRA military style funeral with provos shooting over his coffin). The mood in the town was not nice and my Scottie Road born dad had to be careful where he went.

Sorry for boring everyone with my childhood memories, but after attending my cousin's wedding last year in Carlingford Loch (what a beautiful part of the world) I can't believe anyone wants to go back to those days. These dissident republicans need to be forcibly informed that they have no support, and there is no going back.

Good post Vincent.

The last thing this country needs are these fucking eejits destroying what has been built the past 10/15 years.

I have been brought up 100% against what your granda stood for,and i still hate the things the Provos have put my family through(I wont be posting)But this is a normal country now,and these fuckheads should do one.

Is Carlingford the little village just by Carlingford Lough (may sound like a stupid question, but there is more than one Carlingford)?

If so, I've been there quite a few times (my nanny has lived in Warrenpoint and Rostrevor so we used to pick her up and go to Carlingford for lunch).

You are right, it was/is a nice village. If it is the place I am thinking of, it had cobbled stones on some of the back roads.

Yep, your description of the place sounds spot on Carradona. It's directly opposite Warrenpoint (sorry for spelling Lough wrong, I knew you Irish would have a different way of spelling it). The wedding actually took place in the village where my mam grew up, but the rest of the day was at the Four Seasons hotel in Carlingford.

Anyone visiting or touring Ireland should go, the place is a lovely little village built on a huge lake (lough) surrounded by mountains. You don't need to travel to Italy for such scenery.

fucking northies, what is it with them, i was only chatting to a white south african guy last week, and i asked him about racism over in there, he said its nothing like up the north of ireland, it appears he`s been proven correct, ah well, we wont be going past the border for another 20 years now

fucking northies, what is it with them, i was only chatting to a white south african guy last week, and i asked him about racism over in there, he said its nothing like up the north of ireland, it appears he`s been proven correct, ah well, we wont be going past the border for another 20 years now

Thats fine.

Stay where you fucking are wankbag.Pity the rest of your fellow country men who like the cheap booze and groceries didnt feel the same.