You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nando's

grazywalker

Where did you get it from

Is it in thr supermarkets

In Nando's funnily enough.

I've not seen this one in the supermarket yet, I don't think you can get the black bottle one in the supermarket either (could be wrong) though so I don't hold out much hope for this one unless there's a big demand for it.

• Upvote 1

I love the sauce, but yea it's a bit overpriced for the small portions of chips and rice to go with it.

Plus i'm more a fan of the chicken, so it's much better for me to just cook a whole chicken at home and but a bottle of the sauce. i don't like eating out unless it's much better than something I can do at home easily.

"Why dont Nando's use free range chicken?

Nando's prides itself in offering great tasting food at great value. Chicken welfare is of upmost most importance however we also need to consider the price our customers are willing to pay. We continue to engage with our suppliers in search for practical welfare improvements."

What a load of rubbish.

• Upvote 2

I hadn't been for about ten years, went last summer and wished I'd gone elsewhere.

It just seems like an overpriced pointless exercise. My brother was raving about that five guys burger joint yesterday, however he paid £28 for a couple of burgers, chips and a drink each, which is nuts.   

• Upvote 1

"Why dont Nando's use free range chicken?

Nando's prides itself in offering great tasting food at great value. Chicken welfare is of upmost most importance however we also need to consider the price our customers are willing to pay. We continue to engage with our suppliers in search for practical welfare improvements."

What a load of rubbish.

For the price I would expect it to be freerange to be honest.  

I buy free range chickens, not due to some moralistic choice, but because they taste better.  They're usually only a quid more expensive than the battery ones and you can see less water and gloop and shit come out of them when they're roasted. 

One of the good things about Nando's is they don't have people outside forcing you to go in & eat at gunpoint.

Regarding the place itself, it usually costs the wife & me between £20 & £25 for enough food to fill us up & unlimited juice, I don't see many places you can sit in, eat & drink for under a tenner a person so it's not all that unreasonable in this day & age.

If you don't like the food or think it's a rip off, don't go. I like the food, it's pretty quick, you can take the kids in & it costs about £12 each, it's not exactly a fine dining experience but it does for when you're in town & fancy some spicy chicken.

I think people sometimes forget that they're sitting in a restaurant, if you consider it expensive that can only be compared to kfc or another takeaway, as Mook said 25 quid for two meals served to you and drinks is not expensive.

That's probably because you have to queue up to order like McDonalds. And get your own drinks. And cutlery. And sauces. The only real "service" of bringing the food to the table is to stop the kitchen being swarmed with customers, but if they could get away with it, they would.

As I said, I like it, but think it's a bit much for what it is. Tiny portions of not-very-nice chips and/or rice, with decent chicken. It's not comparable to 'normal' restaurants, for me. It's hardly extortionate, but I never fell fully satiated or that I had a particularly good meal. It's somewhere in limbo between fast food and traditional restaurant.

There is a copy-cat version called "piri piri chicken" or something, not so far from me. Similar food, but with a more McDonalds decor and vibe, and cheaper. If i'm eating 'fast-food', I couldn't care less about the decor, personally. Some would and that's fair enough.

• Upvote 2

I like Nando's, it's good for a quick and cheap meal out with the wife.

Also, our daughter has numerous food allergies, which they cater really well for so she can have a meal as well.

I used to live across the road from a shopping precinct (Gunwharf in Southsea) and they had one. If hungover id ring up and order a carry out. Pretty hairy experience walking past people with a bag full of nandos on you I tell you. 

• 1 year later...