You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Candidates to take over from Rick Parry as Chief Executive

StevieH

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what a lot of people have said about David Dein doubting he would come, I heard a story from someone who used to work quite closely with the club in an accountancy capacity that Dein has been mentioned a couple of times in different circles and he has been actively courted by Hicks especially after Hicks requested that Parry left. He was impressed with what Dein had done with the Arsenal brand and especially his handling of the Emirates stadium. I for one would not be suprised if this did happen.

As for Parry, I think his main problem was that he was a chartered accountant trying to be a DoF !

Missed our chance. We should have jumped when the best candidate was looking for more legitimate business opportunities:

a128ea14-af02-548f-b3b6-78621367007b-ontv_fb_thewire_idriselba.jpg

He'd probably get Raga got, though with a shrug and a throw away, "It's all in the game, yo".

I'd be surprised if we even made an appointment to be honest. With Rafa's new contract and new overseeing role (in charge of academy, transfers, budgets, contracts) what is the need for a CEO? Rafa won't accxept any candidate who wants to play an active role, and noone like Dein is going to take a diminished job.

Ayre will get 'promoted' but in truth his role won't change.

We're creating a club structure where all power radiates from the manager's office. That's not good ANYWHERE (even Wenger doesn't have budgetary control), but when Rafa finally goes, it leaves the club utterly fcuked...

I haven't got a clue what kind of qualifications the various candidates have so I have no idea who's best suited for the job.

The candidate must have some knowledge in football matters so this one is as good as any for what I'm concerned.

aebbec3f91.jpg

• 1 year later...

Very interesting to read through the early part of this thread knowing now what actually happened in the year and a half since. No mention of Purslow, this was at a time we were playing the best football of Rafa's reign and competing for the league and the CL. Nobody thought that the job would essentially be filled by a bank. And the "typo" about the £3m transfer fund, how innocent we were.

Definitely a Red and perhaps a candidate for the role of CEO.

There should only be one candidate. The man who knows more than anyone ever employed by LFC, the man who can do any job at LFC and has already tried his hand at most of them.

Rafa Benitez.