You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you think we should try and sign Joe Cole from Chelsea?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should try and sign Joe Cole from Chelsea?

• Yes
    • No

I didnt see this one coming off so full credit to roy and the club for getting him.I think he will be a great signing, he can create and score goals and unlike most of our players can beat a player.

People are saying he is injury prone and talking about how much we are paying him but he has had one major injury and since he has came back from it he hasnt kept getting injured he has just been left out of the team,it has not been like a torres injury saga.

As for his wages if we were to buy a player of his quality we would have to pay atleast 10m and pay them 60-70k a week so I dont see the wages as much of an issue, he is on a four year deal also so if in a couple of years it aint working out we could sell him and get some money back.

Even with a transfer fee we would need to pay those sort of wages imo

Joe Cole has always been a "promising" player ever since he was about 16. But he has never fully lived up to the promise. Successive England managers have treated him as an apprentice who needed to mature. He is available mainly because Chelsea don't want to offer him a new contract. While his history suggests caution, he is better than Yossi and therefore a welcome addition.

A great signing and one that will improve our first eleven. If we can hang on to our key players and strengthen other areas like left back and our options up front, we could do well next season. If any key players such as Mascherano do depart, it is essential that the money be used to replace them and strengthen elsewhere.

I'm actually pretty excited about the coming season. If Gerrard and Torres stay then things will start to look interesting. If we sell Mascherano for £20M+ we could bring in a replacement for him at a fraction of the price and then use the rest of the cash (plus money generated from other sales) to bring in some more quality up front.

Hopefully Hodgson will allow them to go out and express themselves and we'll be onto a winner. I've just seen an interview with Aquilani on LFCTV and he's determined to do well this season too - he said he feels he has something to prove, and I like the look of him as a footballer.

It feels so nice to have some positivity coursing through my veins again after a few years of doubt...

This is the first point at which I've felt excitement about the new season. When the news broke about him leaving Chelsea I never thought we'd get him, but he's a real improvement to our first eleven.

I remember wanting him to stay at Chelsea because i didnt want Scum,Mini Scum, Arsenal or Spurs to get him, we never came into my head after the amount of times we've ignored oppurtunities like this over the years

We have needed players with his technical ability, the squad is stacked with workhorses, but you need guile too. I just hope he can stay fit, that's the only concern for me, because he's a top player.

However anyone with any doubts about this signing ought to consider that the league champions tried really hard to keep the player, that says a lot.

We are paying him 90k a week on a four year deal so I assume that would smash Arsenal's wage structure hence the decision to sign for Liverpool. If the current league champions don't want him and it is alleged Man Utd are not interested that would set the alarm bells ringing straight away. You don't let your best players go to your rivals! He is 28 years old and been plagued with injuries, do we not learn from past mistakes! Talented player though he is, too much of a gamble for me and in wrong age group, so although I really hope it works out. I think his best days are behind him, Hope I am wrong.