You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Liverpool Way.

Duncan Clench

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly ...Hicks,Parry and Co are wankers ,and need to be turfed out "Thanks DM" but What Rafa is doing is most definatly Not The Liverpool Way .To see him smirking last night when Sky were sniffing for a quote disgusted me

Disgusted you?! That's a bit much. Would you have given that cock end a quote? I fucking wouldn't have. They're lucky he even spoke to them.

I have never joined in any anti-Rafa posts as he is the manager and should be supported along with the team but to have him defined as " The Liverpool Way " is going too far.

His recent pre-prepared statement about Ferguson was embarrassing. I would not expect a Liverpool manager to drop to that sort of level. Also, whilst the present owners are more difficult to deal with, Rafa does not seem to be above using his popularity and the press in his very public contract discussions. Whilst not all his fault, I am fed up with LFC making non football headlines.

Get the yanks out. First and foremost. And the tossers who sold out to them as well. If Benitez is still playing political games afterwards then look at him again. With those poisonous twats in charge though, I laud every little twist he can turn on them and every little snide dig he can get in. He's only doing what all of us would be doing.

Bingo. Kenny is rightly revered on this site and by all Liverpool fans, does anybody think that he would have handled that interview any differently last night?

This is how the interview should have gone....

Shreeves: Now, its important that this is cleared up are you staying at Liverpool and will you sign a new contract?

Rafa: Important to whom?

Shreeves: Its just important that its cleared up.

Rafa: Why?

Shreeves: Its important and people need to know.

Rafa: People?

Shreeves: yes

Rafa: you mean its important for you to know?

Shreeves: Yes

Rafa: You and the firm you work for are a walking, talking tabloid, why should I justify myself to you?

< Cut to the studio where Hairy Feet is sneering with studio 'pundits'>

Sasquatch: Well, that was hardly an unequivocal denial that he is walking is it?

Me watching at home: You fucking monkey faced cunt, who was is that ran an interview with Rafa filmed the day before the game where he says categorically that he has no intention of leaving Liverpool, he loves it here and plans to stay for the rest of his career...in the pre-match build up?

How many of us ask for a contract from our employers, don't get it, but sign it anyway?

Still, its a stick to beat him with I suppose.

Except he himself doesn't want hicks gone, does he?

Don't be fucking stupid, he'd have your arm off if you offered him Hicks and Gillett gone tomorrow. He only sides with Hicks because that's the only way he can get anything fucking done, and Hicks is willing to play ball. The naivety of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Don't be fucking stupid, he'd have your arm off if you offered him Hicks and Gillett gone tomorrow. He only sides with Hicks because that's the only way he can get anything fucking done, and Hicks is willing to play ball. The naivety of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Zig lad, you don't post anywhere near enough. I declare as they say in the Customs trade.

On that, we agree.

How come Shreeves is taking stick for asking the same thing Tony Barrett asked for in Monday's Echo?

Because Tony Barrett doesn't have a history of being a disrespectual twat every time he interviews Rafa!

There isn't a hidden agenda behind every question Tony Barretts asks and Tony Barrett doesn't hand over to an incredibly hairy editor who makes a snide, smart arse comment safe in the knowledge their is no comeback. That is why.

Tony Barrett asks the questions for the good of LFC that cockney prick asks the questions to have a sly dig.

Rafa wouldn't have your arm off if you offered him Hicks gone tomorrow. He'd want to know what the replacements were like first. He'd probably check them out a bit before he committed himself to arm-rippage.

Whilst you are right in saying he would want better owners than these two, he's never made any secret of the fact that he doesn't like Hicks, and Hicks doesn't like him either. It's a marriage of political convenience only, and it's hard to see any other owners managing the level of incompetence that those two have demonstrated. So I still think he would jump at the chance personally. You can't really tell how someone is going to perform until they're doing the job anyway, but I think almost anyone could do better than the two liars.

The Liverpool Way of old is dead and buried. Its obsolete. Sacrilegious I know, but true.

Since King Kenny, NOT ONE former player have gone on in the league to become a top manager. On the other hand, former Manc players populate the league with the middle to lower table teams.

Why? Could it be that they have a system, and we did not? What bootroom philosophy and tactic survived and thrived to today? Sitting in a small smelly room talking tactics may be a revelation in the 70s, but seriously, Big Sam has a whole team of experts that advises him of the same thing.

In fact, Rafa more than perhaps any manager today have brought this to an extreme level with his obsession to detail.

Looking back in our glory years, it just seems obvious to me that we were the best simply because overall we had the best players around. Our legendary managers from Shankly onwards simply played the best players in their best positions, and let them do their thing. Similar I suppose to a Rijkaard/Sven style of management.

Such tactics don't work when you don't have the best players around. And seriously, we don't bar a few players ie Gerrard, Torres, Alonso, Carra, Masch of last season and Reina. In the old days, those plus a few players who do a job ie the Kuyts and Benayouns will win you the title.

But these days, look at the list of managers who failed. From Scolari, Eriksson, Martin O Neil, Wenger etc etc. All have eventually fallen to the longevity and wealth of the Mancs. The only one who broke that cycle recently is Mourinho, and I doubt he would have been able to without the riches of Abramovich.

I don't buy the fact that there is a secret to winning the league. The way posters here post, its as if Fergie, Wenger, Kenny and Mourinho have a secret, that they've won it before,they can instantly win it again. Bullshit. Put Mourinho, Kenny or Wenger in Rafa's shoes this season, it still is a huge challenge to overtake the Mancs. Their squad is ridiculously strong.

This brings me to the other stupid argument, that Rafa does not know how to win the league. There are so many winners in our league now who have won in other leagues. Rafa is closer than anyone of them this season.

Yes no doubt, there are a few managers who PERHAPS can bring instant success, I can name only Mourinho and Cappello, and even then I doubt in the first year. As we've seen Scolari has failed badly, and I suspect Hiddink will too. This league is unbelievably strong. Furthermore, Mourinho, Cappello and Hiddink have never been known to stay at a club long enough to start a legacy. They come, did a job and leave in a few years.

My main gripe with King Kenny is I felt he left us in a lurch. Yes I understand why he resigned as he did, but seriously, it killed us. Another short term appointment of Mourinho, Cappello, Hiddink, even if it really does bring instant success (which I doubt) will collapse again once they leave.

Rafa has us improving every year. We are a force in Europe, and as of this year, we are challenging for the title. Rafa has arguably the most sophisticated technologies and strategies on football, and is acknowledged everywhere but in England as perhaps the best tactician around.

Furthermore its obvious he wants to stay here for a long time and build a dynasty. While not the original Shankly inspired dynasty (it died after Kenny left), its going to be Rafa's dynasty if we let him, arguably just as successful. And perhaps this will be continued by Hyypia, Carra, Alonso etc (these are the players I can see as managers, somehow Gerrard is not).

Sure, his contract has been dragging on, but he wants to get it right.

He wants control over the transfer budget, so he can compete on even grounds as Fergie, Wenger and whoever is managing Chelsea, and won't lose his first choice targets to them as has been happening the past few years.

He wants control of the academy etc so he can control the development of the type of players he wants, the way Wenger does. How many of you keep complaining that Rafa doesn't promote our youth. But if our youth are not of the technical and tactical standards required, what do you expect? Do you think any of the scouser kids we "didn't give a chance" to the past few years would have made it in Wenger's arsenal?

He wants control of the staff hiring and firing, so that he is in full control over every aspect of the club football wise, the way Wenger and Fergie is.

Ultimately he wants every opportunity to succeed and compete on an equal basis with the Fergies and Wengers of the league. Hell even Martin O Neil and Gollum has more control over football matters than Rafa. How perverse is that?

The secret to success is a good manager and time for him to bring his plans to fruition. Its clear to see Rafa is getting there, but Fergie and Mourinho before him is setting really high standards.

If Rafa leaves, there obviously be an exodus of mainly Spanish players who will leave. Furthermore, do you think a 29 year old Gerrard will wait around for another few years of team building, or fuck off once an offer from Barcelona etc comes?

Rafa is very intelligent. He learns every match. Once he gets the upper hand on Mourinho, especially in the league, he hasn't been defeated since. Wenger is the same, I don't think they will expect a victory meeting us these days. We just only this year got the upper hand on Fergie, and I am optimistic if we have our top squad, we will beat them the second game this season at old toilet.

Sure we have problems with lower teams who park 9 and even 10 men in front of the goal. But so does fancy Arsenal and Chelsea. The Mancs get their customary penalties to get through those games. We don't. And hopefully once we get more flair players, we will be able to do so.

So what is the Liverpool Way? The Liverpool way is what Rafa forges us to be, a successful, feared club. Its going to be the new Liverpool Way. King Kenny will never return. He knows he is too out of touch, and he doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Great post.Congrats.

Now I'm totally confused tho

You can't be fuckin serious

Sounds like theres a little manc inside you, trying to get out.

Them so-called pundits on RTE are a disgrace and we pay there fuckin wages........Wank the budgie

I think the fact that he has more Red Squares than the entire Communist world tells you he isn't worth replying to in any meaningful way mate.

Tony Barrett doesn't hand over to an incredibly hairy editor who makes a snide, smart arse comment safe in the knowledge their is no comeback.

Well, there is Dave Prentice!

Motives aside, Tony Barrett wanted Rafa to come out and at least clarify matters because the events of the last two months were harming our league campaign. Is anyone disputing that?

Rafa still refuses to do so. Sky SN are talking now about some 'news' in the next 24 hours but if it's anything like their reporting in the last 24 I won't hold my breath.

And Rafa really is a good actor if he's got Hicks thinking he's an ally and he actually isn't. All that schmoozing behind closed doors with the Kuwaitis, all just an act eh? Telling reporters to lay off Hicks and go for Gillett? Shitbags like Mullock and Bernstein saying the only thing that concerns Rafa is the sale of Gillett's stake. All just an act?

"Focussed on training and coaching my team".........

Well, there is Dave Prentice!

Motives aside, Tony Barrett wanted Rafa to come out and at least clarify matters because the events of the last two months were harming our league campaign. Is anyone disputing that?

Rafa still refuses to do so. Sky SN are talking now about some 'news' in the next 24 hours but if it's anything like their reporting in the last 24 I won't hold my breath.

And Rafa really is a good actor if he's got Hicks thinking he's an ally and he actually isn't. All that schmoozing behind closed doors with the Kuwaitis, all just an act eh? Telling reporters to lay off Hicks and go for Gillett? Shitbags like Mullock and Bernstein saying the only thing that concerns Rafa is the sale of Gillett's stake. All just an act?

"Focussed on training and coaching my team".........

All suposition, nothing more, sorry! What is Rafa supposed to do about Sky reporting rumours! If you remove all the shite, all the fluff and ask one question. If everyone got their own way who would benefit?

Gillet and Parry? They will, Gillets sells for a nice profit, Parry keeps his job and Rafa goes, whoever comes in.

Hicks? He gets his investment, builds his stadium and sells his stake for a bigger profit.

Rafa? He gets control over what happens to the team, he lives and dies on his own decisions and if he succeeds We the fans benefit.

It maybe a simplistic view and I have no doubt lots of people dissagree but to me that is the crux of all this rumour and counterumour. Rafa doesn't ask the questions and he doesn't control the press, and if you think for one minute the press have an respect for him and for Liverpool FC then I think you are wrong.

All suposition, nothing more, sorry! What is Rafa supposed to do about Sky reporting rumours! If you remove all the shite, all the fluff and ask one question. If everyone got their own way who would benefit?

Gillet and Parry? They will, Gillets sells for a nice profit, Parry keeps his job and Rafa goes, whoever comes in.

Hicks? He gets his investment, builds his stadium and sells his stake for a bigger profit.

Rafa? He gets control over what happens to the team, he lives and dies on his own decisions and if he succeeds We the fans benefit.

It maybe a simplistic view and I have no doubt lots of people dissagree but to me that is the crux of all this rumour and counterumour. Rafa doesn't ask the questions and he doesn't control the press, and if you think for one minute the press have an respect for him and for Liverpool FC then I think you are wrong.

Posting some good stuff this morning mate, I'd rep your ass for that if I hadn't already.

To his credit I thought Andy Gray made a good point before the match about "never hearing a word" from the Liverpool of old and that how it was tragic how we now wash our dirty linen in public.

It's a massive discredit to everyone involved that our club now resembles a hotel room full of emotional gays.

"That's it I am out of here bitch"

To his credit I thought Andy Gray made a good point before the match about "never hearing a word" from the Liverpool of old and that how it was tragic how we now wash our dirty linen in public.

It's a massive discredit to everyone involved that our club now resembles a hotel room full of emotional gays.

"That's it I am out of here bitch"

Well there wasn't such a 24 hour story-hungry media in which pretty much anyone can report.

It's a valid point though, I think Rafa has played this one right.

All suposition, nothing more, sorry!

Not so. Sorry.

Rafa? He gets control over what happens to the team, he lives and dies on his own decisions.

Or tells people it was Parry all along and nothing to do with him.

If you think for one minute the press have any respect for him and for Liverpool FC then I think you are wrong.

Where have you got that from???

I know they're all twats.

I also know there is a way to give them nothing and let them drown in their own bile. Is that what you honestly think Rafa has done in the last two months?

My honest view is that it is easy to confuse Rafa being 'Political' for his own means with Rafa viewing what is happening as the norm. In Spain the chairman are voted in by the fans, their is constant bickering behind the scenes and in the media, they have Directors of football, another constant battle. To us after years of keeping everything in house what is happening is a total culture shock, and rightly so, but I dont think this is a shock to Rafa.

Regarding the media, Rafa and Wenger are treated like shite by the English media, because they are polite, treat them all equally with no special favours they are attacked constantly.

As I say, I am only saying how I view the situation, I think a lot is made of the 'politics' in an ideal world their would be no need for it, unfortunately at this moment there is.

Edited by Whelan
sense

Lest we forget; in a 16-month period this balked, hampered, put upon manager got to sign

Torres Lucas Benayoun Babel Skrtel Mascherano Keane Riera Dosena.

That's almost an entire team.

Is it really so 'cuntish' to want the manager to hunker down and use what he's got to his advantage?

Fuck me, we've just beaten Real on their own patch and are second in the league.

Is it cuntish to ask that if the manager left the politics to one said and FULLY (since we've gone all shouty on here) focussed on team matters we might actually be doing even better?

Just a thought.