You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New manager candidates...

ScottyT

This is not a WUM thread for the sensitive among you, but if the rumours are true we could be in the search for a new manager - if not now, at least in the summer.

It's not about disrespecting the current incumbent but about planning for the future, so who are the serious possiblities?

There's Jose, obviously.

Personally I wouldn't mind a youngish up and coming manager to work alongside someone like Kenny. Bilic?

I'd go for Rafa Benitez, lost once all season, 2nd in his league and has his team ranked no1 in europe, all with a team built on inferior resources to his competitors.

Otherwise, yeah, lets get Bilic, or someone else with no experience of winning anything like Klinsman or even Steve Mclaren, he's available, or Alan Curbishley, failing those, we could put the running of our top club and multi million pound business in the hands of Paul Jewell, I hear he did well at Derby.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a WUM thread for the sensitive among you, but if the rumours are true we could be in the search for a new manager - if not now, at least in the summer.

It's not about disrespecting the current incumbent but about planning for the future, so who are the serious possiblities?

There's Jose, obviously.

Personally I wouldn't mind a youngish up and coming manager to work alongside someone like Kenny. Bilic?

I'd go for Rafa Benitez, lost once all season, 2nd in his league and has his team ranked no1 in europe, all with a team built on inferior resources to his competitors.

Otherwise, yeah, lets get Bilic, or someone else with no experience of winning anything like Klinsman or even Steve Mclaren, he's available, or Alan Curbishley, failing those, we could put the running of our top club and multi million pound business in the hands of Paul Jewell, I hear he did well at Derby.

Hold on, wait, Steve Bruce ? Sammy Lee he did well at Bolton.

erm, no can't think of any more.

IF RAfa walks - and that's a monumental if - I'd go for another spanish manager or someone familiar with the spanish league simply because of the composition of our squad right now. Pellegrini from Villareal would be my choice, but I'd also put a word in for Juande Ramos. He was badly treated at Spurs, but he is an outstanding manager, with a point to prove. It would also be the opposite of the keane effect - success at Spurs equals failure at Liverpool, so failure at Spurs.....

IF RAfa walks - and that's a monumental if - I'd go for another spanish manager or someone familiar with the spanish league simply because of the composition of our squad right now. Pellegrini from Villareal would be my choice, but I'd also put a word in for Juande Ramos. He was badly treated at Spurs, but he is an outstanding manager, with a point to prove. It would also be the opposite of the keane effect - success at Spurs equals failure at Liverpool, so failure at Spurs.....

If Rafa walks, and its a big if, I hope alot of people take a long hard look at themselves and their judgement. Thats of course aimed at the board more than anyone else, but i suggest those who constantly paint everything black, need to reassess their views and look at the pros and cons to his time in charge. For all the negatives, the positives outweigh them. I cannot think of anything worse for the club right now than Rafa leaving. Mid table mediocrity here we come.

Hold on, wait, Steve Bruce ? Sammy Lee he did well at Bolton.

erm, no can't think of any more.

He would be worth it for comedy value alone! would he do a scouse accent?

"Met De Lids, boss group La, buzzing bein ere, lid, I was off me swede last night, sound"

He stays as long as there's progress. One accusation that can't be levelled at us is we don't give manager's time in the job.

Do you really think every manager is as high maintence as Benitez. Just look at Sky now on the day of a big game, the biggest story is him not the football, it's just non stop.

Are you blaming Benitez for that.

Jose Mourinho

However classless he maybe he is a class above the present owners of the club and from what I can see he has toned down his excesses since being at Inter.

If he was manager next season we would win the league without signing another player (if Gerrard and Torres started 70% of the PL games)

Jose Mourinho

However classless he maybe he is a class above the present owners of the club and from what I can see he has toned down his excesses since being at Inter.

If he was manager next season we would win the league without signing another player (if Gerrard and Torres started 70% of the PL games)

NO HE WONT. Apologies for sounding aggressive but I am getting fed up with this certainty re the Gnome. RAFA is a far better manager than him, far better.

And I would rather continue with mid table mediocrity than have that jumped up pygmy managing this club.

In order to post close to 50 times a day you need to be doing very little else in your life, hence the get a life jibes.

What's it fucking got to do with you like?

I love the way you and others look down your nose at people, when you're just another insignificant little message board dickhead.