You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Redundancy Notice...

Anubis

I was given an early Easter present today - a redundancy notice! Ah, the fake scincerity of the covering letter is touching to behold. Anyway, on March 6th we shall all face our interviews, after which the partners will decide who will go, and who will survive. It's like a Big Brother eviction, only marginally more exciting, and with only three people voting.

Anyway, shortly afterwards I could be...

dolescum.jpg

...so I hope the rest of you are paying your taxes so you can keep me in Jobseeker's Allowance, while I take daily constitutionals to feed the pigeons in the park, and slowly descend into a depressed madness.

I think I'm a reasonably good prospect for the chop SKI, simply because of the way the firm is set up. But I'm reasonably confident of bagging another job because people see your ability in court.

Cheers for the kind words Rob - I have my trained bloodhounds on the scent of other possibilities as we speak.

Sorry to hear of your news

My other half had the same news last month. It was one hell of a worrying time due to the mortgage looming over us and my wage not enough to carry us both and the bills.

To cut a long story short, she was selected for redundacy along with half the workforce, given a week off before her final meeting, told she was without doubt on her way at the final meeting, then re-hired the same day over a phone call after they had changed their minds.

Happy ending finally but it fucked with our heads for three weeks. Wasn't a happy time in our household those weeks but at least she was one of the lucky ones.

Hope you get some good news at your meeting.

I think I'm a reasonably good prospect for the chop SKI, simply because of the way the firm is set up. But I'm reasonably confident of bagging another job because people see your ability in court.

Cheers for the kind words Rob - I have my trained bloodhounds on the scent of other possibilities as we speak.

Give Jeremy a ring at Bell Lamb and Joynson or ask around for a few favours mate. You are well experienced, you would be a catch for someone. I cant believe that no Liverpool firms would take you on or aren't looking for someone.

I haven't heard about anything going, I know Sean Sexton was looking a while ago.

Sorry to hear that.

On the bright side, I'd like to hire you as my personal attorney for a road trip, provided that you are a 300 pound Samoan.

I think I might actually weigh in at close to 300lbs, but sadly fail the Samoan test :(

Don't feel too sorry for him AVEEZ, he's fucking rubbish anyway.

Hey, I've given you an Asher peace offering!