You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just said on the news then that (1) Lubbock was found with 'severe anal injuries' which may have contributed to his death. (2) That a 5ins pool thermometer was missing. And that (3) blood on the bloke's boxies was never investigated.

I'm no Hercule Poirot but I can connect those fucking dots!

Michael Barrymore has once again been urged to break his silence about the night a man was found dead at his home.

An Independent Police Complaints Commission report found that officers lost evidence in their investigation into the death of Stuart Lubbock, who died in March 2001 after going to a party at the entertainer's then home, in Roydon, Essex.

Officers have visited Stuart Lubbock's father Terry to personally apologise, but Terry said: "I think it is time now for Mr Michael Barrymore to say 'enough is enough'. I would like him to clear his conscience and say 'I want to resume my life,' and try to put right some of this mess."

He continued: "Because he has made one hell of a mess and it is all his own fault. It isn't me that has brought him down. He's done it to himself.

"People know what went on on the night my son died and they're not telling what they know and I would urge them to come forward and say what they know."

The Independent Police Complaints Commission's report on the Essex Police investigation upheld six of his complaints and revealed two potentially vital pieces of evidence were lost.

The IPCC said a pool thermometer and a door handle, which may have been used to assault Mr Lubbock, were never seized by officers or forensically tested.

It also found that officers did not effectively preserve the scene and allowed unauthorised people to remain in the area.

A member of the public was allowed to take the temperature of the swimming pool, blood found on boxer shorts, towels and a robe was "not promptly investigated" and the investigation was suspended prematurely, the IPCC report found.

Someone used the pool thermometer to violently rape a man who then bled out of his bum and stained his boxer shorts?

No, someone removed the thermometer and the water in the pool got excessively cold. In an effort to warm himself up, he sat on a hot loaf of bread - which unfortunately for him - turned out to be ASDA hedgehog bread.

No, someone removed the thermometer and the water in the pool got excessively cold. In an effort to warm himself up, he sat on a hot loaf of bread - which unfortunately for him - turned out to be ASDA hedgehog bread.

That was going to be my next guess.

Someone used the pool thermometer to violently rape a man who then bled out of his bum and stained his boxer shorts?

no, he was already bleeding out of his arse from the arse fisting earlier in the night, the blood thus flowed on to his boxers, they used the thermometer to stem further bleeding. Unfortunately they had to push it up real high and it was never found as the stomach acid digested it... *

*This all may be incorrect.

edit, i type far too slow.

I'm not really that clued up on this case, but from what I can gather, it was basically a benders party with loads of ale, charlie etc...and somebody gets found dead in a pool having been bummed and full of stoked up on charlie, is that about it?

So if he was a bender, why all the big palaver about his arse bleeding and all that?

It said on the Radio 4 news that Lubbock's arse may have also been burst* by a door handle which, like the pool thermometer, has mysteriously gone missing.

*Not in those exact words of course.

Fucking hell. Couldn't Barrymore have just booked a removals van?

I'm not really that clued up on this case, but from what I can gather, it was basically a benders party with loads of ale, charlie etc...and somebody gets found dead in a pool having been bummed and full of stoked up on charlie, is that about it?

It's only made the news this much because of who's pool he got bummed to death in.

What a horrible way to go - Michael 'Awight' Barrymore hanging out your arse.

Not being funny but the old man needs to give it a rest.

The son was obviously gay, had some bum love, got fucked up, went for a swim and died.

It obviously quite an horrific way to go, and the shame of it as well.

If his arse would have been fisted, I am surprised he was found floating, shouldn't he have sank.

• Upvote 2

Leeson will be a bum till his death, is that the same ???

No, he'll be a bummer till his death which isn't the same as being bummed to death, unless it was the actual bumming activity which was the cause of his death, which I very much doubt because Leeson's such a hardcore bummer that being rogered senseless by even the most well-blessed of menfolk wouldn't even take a feather out of him. Lubbock was an amateur. He died because he just wasn't gay enough. It's quite tragic.

Who's to say the blood on the bloke's boxers is human?

There was a case, not so long ago, when the CPS had to decide on a potential murder/manslaughter charge where two blokes had allegedly forced a third to receive a bumming from a pet pooch. The medical report suggested that the barbs on the dog's willy had opened up a fissure in number three's poop pipe, from which he'd effectively bled to death. Death by Fido.

Never did find out wht became of that.