You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Silva, Lennon, Modric...

deanwalters

Cant believe Rafa didnt wrap up a creative midfielder before deadline day to replace Keane. I was gutted and surprised bids didnt go in for Arshavin and Arsenal were not contested. He is a super player, someone who we are crying out for and a player who will be immense in this league.

Maybe some of the above would be decent signings instead? I would love David Silva. He's world class.

So,a re you like half Dean Windass and half Mark Walters?

kind of.

I dont think Rafa is a C*nt, love him actually. Think it has more to do with transfer policy at club at moment. It just confuses me we arent in for such players. especially when we are still in the title hunt and crying out for such quality and proven players.

Is it just me who reckons Arshavin won't be very good?

Good player but a bit lightweight obviously. I'd give him no more than a 50/50 chance of being a success.

I can't believe we didn't get Bent on loan as part of the Keane deal. He's have been great back-up for torres and he's clearly pissed off at spurs.

Is it just me who reckons Arshavin won't be very good?

It may prove to be the case. However, watching him be the player head and shoulders above the rest last saturday in only his first game in 3 months, I think the signs are ominous.

If that was him unfit and rusty, I'd hate to see him when he's on form.

Good player but a bit lightweight obviously. I'd give him no more than a 50/50 chance of being a success.

I can't believe we didn't get Bent on loan as part of the Keane deal. He's have been great back-up for torres and he's clearly pissed off at spurs.

I can't believe we didn't go to Radio Rentals.:telloff:

Fantastic idea that lets loan someone who cant hit a cow's arse with a banjo :whatever:

last time I checked he was Spurs top scorer?

he's also at least a squillion times the player David Ngog will ever be on his very best day.

He's never a first choice. of course not. But he's better than ANY of our current back up strikers.

Yep. Rafa was even looking to buy him a few years back. I can't see why the deal didn't happen, would have suited everyone.

He's been treated like dirt at Spurs. Better striker than anyone we have bar Nando.

he's also at least a squillion times the player David Ngog will ever be on his very best day.

He's never a first choice. of course not. But he's better than ANY of our current back up strikers.

9 league goals from 14 starts. he is shit, but he can score. I would have happily had him as back up. N'gog is not up to the task.

Scored the same as defoe, gerrard, lampard and he's not even been a regular starter. Good back-up if you accept the obvious fact that we have fuck all money to spend at the moment.

Modric - don't rate him in the Prem.

Silva - would have had him before Keane in the summer but he was not keen to leave & the prices quoted were a bit silly as I remember. Is he the wuss that can't get sent for an ice cream without getting homesick. ?

Lennon - better than we have but seems to be getting his game at Spurs under Redknapp & was not available during the last window & was overpriced when it was suggested we were interested in summer.

Bent - I would rather have him up front than Dirk , Ryan or David , but suspect he is on a large salary commensurate with a £18m transfer fee & looking at what is going on with Agger at the moment I don't think we were looking to take on large commitments like that in January for a loan player who might not get that much gametime.