You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I signed up for Tidal through Turkey yesterday. Already have Spotify, but thought I'd try their Master stuff.

Anyways, I'm working in Euros, so ye can fuck off and do yere own conversion.

The offers link below gives 4 months @ TRY1.99, which works out at €0.22 a month for 4 months. After that, it reverts to the full price of TRY19.99, which is about €2.13 per month!

This is for a single sub, not a family sub. But it's so cheap, fuck it.

I'm a complete novice btw. But this is a walkthrough I put together. If I can do it, anybody can.

1. Found a free VPN here https://www.hotspotshield.com/
2. Registered for their Premium service, which gives a 7 day free trial.
3. Installed the VPN, opened it, and set it to Turkey.
4. Clicked on this link https://www.tidal.com/blackfriday
5. Followed the registration process using my Revolut card for payment.
6. Registratrion went through for the 4 months @ TRY1.99 a month, and will continue @ TRY19.99 after that.
7. Installed Tidal on my phone, and logged in to make sure everything was working.
8. Logged back into HotSpotShield and cancelled my subscription.

That's pretty much it from start to finish. Literally took less than 10 minutes for everything.

Also,  don't know how this sort of witchcraft works, but if you go to tunemymusic.com, you can transfer your playlists/songs from one service to another.
It mightn't catch them all, but it's pretty accurate.

Fill yer boots.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Christ, this new desktop UI absolutely sucks balls. I wish these bellends would stop trying to force mobile UIs on desktop clients. I'm using a mouse not jabbing at the screen with my finger so I don't need massive amounts of space around links or great big tiles that slowly load in as I scroll. And whoever thought it was a good idea to move Search to a separate tab should be burned alive.

On 26/11/2020 at 17:08, markcd said:

can you tell the difference with the Masters compared to the normal ones? I tried to look on Reddit and it was just a load of virgins talking about bitrates and DACs and bluetooth. Just wanted to know if it was worth it - thanks

It's minimal, certainly in comparison to the highest quality that Spotify offer... but then again i just download all my physical music as FLAC files onto my phone anyway.

On 06/05/2021 at 08:08, Mudface said:

Christ, this new desktop UI absolutely sucks balls. I wish these bellends would stop trying to force mobile UIs on desktop clients. I'm using a mouse not jabbing at the screen with my finger so I don't need massive amounts of space around links or great big tiles that slowly load in as I scroll. And whoever thought it was a good idea to move Search to a separate tab should be burned alive.

Yay- https://www.notion.so/How-to-Install-Custom-Spotify-Themes-20568f6bfc064c1890ab328f842ae14a

Back to a much more useable theme/ layout.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Numero said:

Do you use it on mobile? I only use it for podcasts, and it used to list them by episode release order, but now it doesn’t do that. It’s bizarre order under ‘recent’ that is jumbled. 

I was just flicking through Reddit, and there are quite a few complaints about podcasts. I rarely use the mobile version, I usually play music on my desktop while I'm working and only really use mobile to play a song on the Alexa thing in the kitchen now and then. It's fucking atrocious on mobile, which is why it's so annoying that the desktop version has been hobbled so badly. I'm seriously thinking of unsubscribing, especially now there doesn't seem to be any way to revert to the previous UI.

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I was just flicking through Reddit, and there are quite a few complaints about podcasts. I rarely use the mobile version, I usually play music on my desktop while I'm working and only really use mobile to play a song on the Alexa thing in the kitchen now and then. It's fucking atrocious on mobile, which is why it's so annoying that the desktop version has been hobbled so badly. I'm seriously thinking of unsubscribing, especially now there doesn't seem to be any way to revert to the previous UI.

The only reason I can thInk for them doing it is to control and promote certain podcasts over others. I only subscribe to the ones I listen to, so having them pop up when there’s a new one is pretty fundamental to the way I use it. But event when you select ‘recent episodes’ in the sort drop down, they’re still jumbled. So annoying. 

23 minutes ago, Numero said:

The only reason I can thInk for them doing it is to control and promote certain podcasts over others. I only subscribe to the ones I listen to, so having them pop up when there’s a new one is pretty fundamental to the way I use it. But event when you select ‘recent episodes’ in the sort drop down, they’re still jumbled. So annoying. 

Yeah probably, I don't think anything that's been done recently is to improve usability, it's all for internal convenience. We already have Amazon Prime, so I'll take a look later and see if the premium music service is worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Still there?

Screenshot_20210611-111213.png

I'll need to have a look at my settings. My list has vanished & all I have is a load of recommendations.

Edit - it's hidden in that wee clock at the top right next to settings. Thank fuck for that.

Screenshot_20210611-115537_Spotify.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'll need to have a look at my settings. My list has vanished & all I have is a load of recommendations.

Edit - it's hidden in that wee clock at the top right next to settings. Thank fuck for that.

Screenshot_20210611-115537_Spotify.jpg

Maybe it's a kind of intervention Spotify do now for their users with questionable choices. Hide their playlists.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...