Sign in to follow this  
Tom R

The bullying on here lately

I feel that somebody needs to say something on this, and I don't mind it being me.

For the last few weeks there's been more and more of what I'd call full on bullying, by groups of people on to individuals.

There's a fine line between a couple of people just having a bit of a disagreement and everybody ganging up on somebody.

It just isn't right.

I mean, I know it's "only the internet" and all that, but I suppose that until we all have the chance to meet these poor individuals in person, then I guess we'll have to just make do with the awesome bullyfest on here for now. It's well good.

Great work, guys. As you were.

haha.

I just received this rep from someone who shall remain anonymous for now (unless I decide to tell everyone to gang neg them):

"Your showing your softer side Tom. hardcastle will be sending you PM'S soon. On a more serious note. Totally agree."

thanks for the rep, but you may want to re-read my post.

I fucking love bullying on the internet me. Makes you feel alive. Like skydiving.

I fucking love bullying on the internet me. Makes you feel alive. Like skydiving.

Gotta disagree there, Tom.

Cyber-bullying is lame and is definitely not a fucking patch on skydiving..

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I feel that somebody needs to say something on this, and I don't mind it being me.

For the last few weeks there's been more and more of what I'd call full on bullying, by groups of people on to individuals.

There's a fine line between a couple of people just having a bit of a disagreement and everybody ganging up on somebody.

It just isn't right.

I mean, I know it's "only the internet" and all that, but I suppose that until we all have the chance to meet these poor individuals in person, then I guess we'll have to just make do with the awesome bullyfest on here for now. It's well good.

Great work, guys. As you were.

Alternative viewpoint

This place most of the time is ace

Is it cliquey?

Yes, and I think to a point it should be.

People are given a chance on here, its clear that if your new but have something to constructive to contribute, regardless of your viewpoint, then you'll get on just fine.

Self policing is to a degree essential, it separates the wheat from the chaff, and the only time is has ever desending into a Lord of the Flies type persecution is when the person concerned, to all intents and purposes has had it coming, having ignored numerous pointers in regards to changing or adapting thier behaviour.

The problem when a forum gets popular is that you invariably get an influx of fucking spanners.

It's about standards I suppose.

It's what separates this place from everywhere else.

You're all missing my point. I should have worded it better. It was much funnier in my head.

I love to see people brought to breaking point on here. It's big and it's clever.

Did you read Tom's post in full Paul?

Yes I did. I'm bullying him right now. Now fuck off back to your own forum, Wiiksie you bad techy nerd.

haha.

I just received this rep from someone who shall remain anonymous for now (unless I decide to tell everyone to gang neg them):

"Your showing your softer side Tom. hardcastle will be sending you PM'S soon. On a more serious note. Totally agree."

thanks for the rep, but you may want to re-read my post.

It started off so sweet and sensitive Tom. Thats what I was pointing out and I agree with what you said too.

Jeez you rep somebody and get shit for it. I know feel the victim now.

UEM puts it better though.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
It started off so sweet and sensitive Tom. Thats what I was pointing out and I agree with what you said too.

Jeez you rep somebody and get shit for it. I know feel the victim now.

UEM puts it better though.

Why thank you

Alternative viewpoint

Is it cliquey?

People are given a chance on here, its clear that if your new but have something to constructive to contribute, regardless of your viewpoint, then you'll get on just fine.

Self policing is to a degree essential, it separates the wheat from the chaff, and the only time is has ever desending into a Lord of the Flies type persecution is when the person concerned, to all intents and purposes has had it coming, having ignored numerous pointers in regards to changing or adapting thier behaviour.

The problem when a forum gets popular is that you invariably get an influx of fucking spanners.

Yeah but that thread was just taking the piss.

Alternative viewpoint

Is it cliquey?

An internet forum is only as good as it's moderators. If they set a decent tone, it generally makes for a decent forum.

I don't really know who is a mod here and who isn't but it seems a reasonable enough forum.

Not sure I agree with your clique observation though. Have never known a clique to be a positive thing in a social situation.

or is every post moderated and the forum is basically just the views of moderators? Who knows, the truth is out there.

*The rest of this post has been deleted. Let this be a warning. We are watching you*