You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why Steven Gerrard struggles to have the complete love of the Kop

Nomad

So is Chris Bascombe, these people write what they know/told, but they are supporters of the club.

So because T.Evans write's an article not giving SG a good write up its ok with you because T.Evans is a top red.

C.Bascombe write's that and he is a twat.

I'm not posting this defending Bascombe far from it, but it does seem like double standards, depending who you write for.

By the way dont want to turn this into a bascombe thread, just trying to point out a different view coop.

Time after time you see the same old post on here

Good Journalism = Something people agree with

Bad Journalism = Something people don't

I'll be happy to hear any opinion of any red, no matter how wrong I think they maybe.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogging the trophy?

God almighty.

Thats not all. He slept with the trophy. He was pissed as fuck and "nicked" it when he was going to his room. He wanted to take care of it so it wouldnt be stolen.

Funny as hell. The rest of the team and staff must have been shitting their pants in the morning when it was gone - only to be in Gerrards room.

SG

Personality 6

Player 12 out of 10

Carra

Personality 12 out of 10

Player 9

Time after time you see the same old post on here

Good Journalism = Something people agree with

Bad Journalism = Something people don't

I'll be happy to hear any opinion of any red, no matter how wrong I think they maybe.

Ant, you're missing the point...a bad, ill-informed or baseless article is still that - whoever wrote it, whatever side of the fence it is on - and this falls into that category. The guy is putting his own opinion and prejudice forward as fact, proposing to speak for all of us as some homogenous bunch of fans when he has no right to do so. You need to understand the difference.

Thats not all. He slept with the trophy. He was pissed as fuck and "nicked" it when he was going to his room. He wanted to take care of it so it wouldnt be stolen.

Funny as hell. The rest of the team and staff must have been shitting their pants in the morning when it was gone - only to be in Gerrards room.

SG

Personality 6

Player 12 out of 10

Carra

Personality 12 out of 10

Player 9

You're right. Messi is a class player but he has no personality so I don't want him here. Gerrard is determined, hard working and has matured into a loyal person. Just because he doesn't give us little soundbites like Shanks, Carra or Bob did/do that doesn't make him any less of a footballer.

I think Gerrard is fantastic - one of Liverpool's two best ever players. We're so lucky to have him - the best English player of his generation - in fact he could be in with a shout of the best player in the world in his generation. He'll be missed so much when he eventually goes, and he'll be fondly remembered in 100 years. It's sad people some people can't see that.

Is it possible to support Gerrard without the snide digs at Carra?

Pathetic the amount of people who resent the lad because he just happens to be popular.

Are you talking about me there son?

If so please quote my "digs" at Carra.

You will see it was more of a remark at how Carra is seen as some sort of one off where as Gerrard for some reason isn't, and the fact is also very fashionable to rate him as your favourite player. Can I just add I fucking love Carra myself but only after Gerrard.

Dont think hooch is having 'Digs' at Carra at all.

hes mearly stating that he personaly prefairs Gerrard. i love Carra to bits imo more than Gerrard but not because everyone else loves him and it cool to follow everyone else

theres to many people who share the same opinion as everyone else just so they dont get slated i find it good to see someone with a different opinion right or wrong

Edited by Nomad