You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why Steven Gerrard struggles to have the complete love of the Kop

Nomad

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Essien is a fantastic footballer.

Replacement for Gerrard probably not. But a fabulous player all the same.

Yeah, I'd agree with all that.

Seems a good guy too bar that tackle on Hamann (of which Gerrard has done similar or worse to others over the years).

Gerrard's at an even higher level though.

I love stevie to bits. Yeah he's been a dick in the past but he's more than made up for it in my eyes on the pitch. Stevie is a living legend and when he retires he'll be up there with the greatest liverpool players of all time. As someone pointed out he has covered up for some rafa fuck ups many times by scoring winners.

Also, if Carragher had of been as obviously brilliant in his early career as Gerrard was, surely adding more self confidence to him etc. like Gerrard had, would he have been so amazingly humble and "good red" -like as a lot of you seem to go on about??

No chance.

I fucking love Steven Gerrard, I've completely forgiven him for all the shite that happened a few years ago. I don't see what more he could have done to make up for it all. I don't hold him in the same esteem as Carra, but that's because Carra is a complete one off and I doubt we'll see anyone like him again.

I understand those who still have a beef, but personally I let it go a long time ago.

well said mr Usher,spot on. i cant believe tony evans wrote that, hes a sound lad and a good journalist. i just dont get why thats surfaced now?

I was too scared to ask.

Dirty Darts, AKA: The Dirty Bristow -

The act of tongueing a male anus whilst reaching around to wank them off.

Name after the legendary English Darts player, Eric Bristow, as the act resembles throwing a dart.

When I get home from the pub, I can often be heard saying to Mrs Tom, "Step up to the oche, bitch! LET'S.... PLAY..... DARTS!"

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Name after the legendary English Darts player, Eric Bristow, as the act resembles throwing a dart.

When I get home from the pub, I can often be heard saying to Mrs Tom, "Step up to the oche, bitch! LET'S.... PLAY..... DARTS!"

Always thought that was tromboning

i find it hilarious to think some were annoyed with gerrard after his goal vs milan. it also shows me some people will never be pleased and that there will always be whinging miserable cunts no matter what.

Some will want rafa gone if we win the title and cl and more to the point of the thread people will probably criticise gerrard for not doing the correct celebration.

I dread to think what i would do if i won the title at anfield scoring the winning goal ending a 19 year drought.

I can't rep you again sadly, but if someone could on my behalf please.

The bitternes, the envy, the lack of will to forgive...

We really have some true dickheads among us, that is for sure.

Steven Gerrard deserve every Liverpool fans` unconditional love. He has given us 10 times back for his faults in 2004/2005.

Accept it and grow up.

It's not so much his low hairline' date=' it's more to do with his lack of sideburns or inability to grow any that kinda freaks me out a little. Never trust a man with no sideburns. But I ain't that shallow so I still love him.[/quote']

eh, Im the same! I cant grow sideburns and Im 23

I thought the article was a load of bollocks myself mainly just for that bit about Istanbul, what I saw after gerrard scoring that goal was a captain trying to lead his team not a big time charlie having a go at the fans, the support at Istanbul was amazing and this is the first I've ever heard of any negatives about it.

After Gerrard fucked the club around I must admit I lost quite a bit of love for him but quite simply without him we would be a lot worse off, and seen as how I am to young to remember the king playing quite simply he is the best player I've seen with a liverbird on his chest, and in my opinion the best player the pl has ever produced, everyone is raving about giggs and vidic for player of the season personally for me it goes to stevie (he gets bonus points for slapping a manc) and anyone who still has a problem with him really needs to let it go

I like Gerrard... he could have ruined the club with one simple thing: Leaving.

After we sold Owen, we were alright but to sell Steven Gerrard would have turned us into a middle or bottom rung premiership side. We'd be closer to the relegation battle than we would be to the european spaces.

We would have been 100% a selling club and we would not be able to put together the talent that we have now.

Some people might disagree but I fully agree that if Gerrard left, we would have dropped like a stone.

They said that about numerous previous players as well, we'd of survived.

We've survived much worse have we not?

I'm not sure I'll ever understand entirely what went through his head during the Chelski episode(s), but the incident did sum up why I lost much of the old affection I had for the game. The reports of Abramovich turning up on his yacht and whistling at players to come and see the millions on offer - well, if you could have dreamed up the opposite of Shankly's vision of what football's all about, that would surely have been it. Forget the 'anyone's head would have been turned' argument. Speak for yourself. Personally, I think even Faust would have thrown up at that particular deal. I'll always regret Gerrard was drawn into that milieu, even briefly, but he's earned the respect of fans many, many, times over on the pitch.

What the fuck is this?

The perfect example of ambivalence to Gerrard came in Istanbul. After he scored Liverpool’s opening goal, he turned to rouse the crowd, gesturing with his arms for fans to turn up the volume. The volume rose, for sure, but there was an irritated growl behind it: we didn’t need lesson in support from him. Afterwards, he hogged the cup, with only Jamie Carragher wresting it away for any length of time. Not the Liverpool way. Not the work of a captain, either.

What utter shite. I don't remember this "growl" he refers to. Utter utter bolox in that piece. There is no doubt that Gerrard is not thought of in the same light as Carra, but no one is. And no one probably ever will again. Gerrard is a close second in the love he receives fronm the Kop. And the "Hollywood balls" thing is just a criticismof some decisions he makes. Christ, every player gets that kind of criticism o bad decisions

That piece sounds like it was written by a Manc or bitter pretending to be a Liverpool fan to try and stir up shite. Terrible old bolox.

Definitely - there was no resentment as his arms pumping 'raise the roof gestures' - rather there was harmony tuned in with his gesture...we raised the roof and he played magnificently. Hogging the trophy? Smicer and Baros had it to themselves for a good few minutes singing 'The Czech's have won it!', Cissé and Traore doing similar things - what rubbish. That Bobby Moore eh, being carried aloft holding the World Cup - who does he think he is?

Shite article.

The perfect example of ambivalence to Gerrard came in Istanbul. After he scored Liverpool’s opening goal, he turned to rouse the crowd, gesturing with his arms for fans to turn up the volume. The volume rose, for sure, but there was an irritated growl behind it: we didn’t need lesson in support from him. Afterwards, he hogged the cup, with only Jamie Carragher wresting it away for any length of time. Not the Liverpool way. Not the work of a captain, either.

Pure 100% Unfiltered Vaginal Discharge. Pointless article.

I love him to bits and all that Chelsea stuff had far more to it than most people know. The lad was a complete mess during the whole episode. He had he Doctor at his house twice due to severe panic attacks he was suffering whilst it was going on.

I think it become fashionable to not really like our captain somewhere along the line.