You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why Steven Gerrard struggles to have the complete love of the Kop

Nomad

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We would've finished fourth if we hadn't concentrated on the CL, which is same as the season before. The manager knew what he was doing at the time, made some good purchases and we finished with our highest point total. Pretty much everyone was extremely optimistic about our future, which is why people really felt betrayed by him and were fuming - it felt like he had no intention to stay, and he didn't help himself with comments during the season.

my aunty would have been my unlce if she was born with a cock

We didn't finish 4th, and if we hadn't have won it do u think he would have wanted to be at a team (like everton) in the UEFA cup,

i think it was only but for Rafa and Istanbul that he stayed, and i think you'll find 99.9% of players in his position would have moved on otherwise, espially considering there was no contract on the table, as promised

03/04 - 4th

04/05 - 5th

05/06 - 3rd (think with about 80+ points)

?

You're not making any sense. He was torn about leaving in Rafa's first season and eventually commited himself to the club after the CL win.

He didn't make any noises about leaving in Benitez's second season when we got 82 points, and we haven't heard any since,

The only problem I ever had with Gerrard was all the Chelsea stuff. The 'Hollywood' passing was just a young player trying too much and the pointing at the chest stuff, while irritating is no big deal.

And did he really hog the cup in '05 ? I didn't notice that.

He'd have struggled to get it off Josemi I would have thought.

You're not making any sense. He was torn about leaving in Rafa's first season and eventually commited himself to the club after the CL win.

He didn't make any noises about leaving in Benitez's second season when we got 82 points, and we haven't heard any since,

When did I say he did? I said that Benitez made some decent purchases that Summer and built on our success. At the time (end of 04/05), people were really optimistic about our future and which is why people felt so betrayed that Gerrard wanted to leave and were fuming. You don't win the European Cup, then hand in a transfer request at Liverpool.

He nearly went to chelsea (and if i recall correctly handed in his transfer request) after the CL win as well as over Rafa's 1st months at the club. Phily has got it spot on from what I'm reading.

That was only down to the fuck up with the contract. He'd already commited himself to the club and was waiting to sign the supposed new deal that had been on the table for two years. I said at the time that I thought Benitez would rather have sold him, and I still believe that's why there was a delay, so no suprise that Gerrard felt neglected.

Regardless, he did sign and got on board with building for the future, and has been a star ever since, so what's the point of re-opening old wounds.

Yeah i agree this thread is getting boring and negative now... i think the article is largely untrue and i think that the majority of liverpool fans worship the ground that stevie walks on, not cause hes a great guy like fowler or carra, but because hes fucking class and we wouldnt be anywhere near the team we are now without him, and we wouldnt be in the future should he ever leave

Correct me if I'm wrong also, but wasn't Alonso bought because Rafa was told Stevie was leaving?

I don't be-grudge Stevie his success, but the fact he wanted to go to Chelsea really got to me, especially after 'we' did what 'he wanted' in winning the European Cup. I seem to recall an interview before the final on Sky where Gerrard was asked 'Will whatever happens in the final affect your decision staying?' He replied 'Yes'. I shouted 'Fuck Off Gerrard' at the tele. It wasn't just what he said, it was how he said it, as if the world depended on it.

Personally, I wouldn't have had anything against him if he had left at the beginning of that season to a European Team, I'd be sad, but not annoyed.

The fact he considered going to the flavor of the month Chelsea, really was a kick in the balls.

Bah, this thread is bringing back horrible, horrible memories.

I'm sure that there are aome valid point's being made here, but all i'm reading is 'blah blah blah', and will be untill someone tell's me what dirty darts is.

I think its an adult game based on darts but the board has sections which read ' tweak my t**s ' , ' lick my c**t ' etc. & depending on where the dart lands you have to do whatever is suggested.

Having said that , knowing this place the answer will be far more perverted.

I like Gerrard... he could have ruined the club with one simple thing: Leaving.

After we sold Owen, we were alright but to sell Steven Gerrard would have turned us into a middle or bottom rung premiership side. We'd be closer to the relegation battle than we would be to the european spaces.

We would have been 100% a selling club and we would not be able to put together the talent that we have now.

Some people might disagree but I fully agree that if Gerrard left, we would have dropped like a stone.

I like Gerrard... he could have ruined the club with one simple thing: Leaving.

After we sold Owen, we were alright but to sell Steven Gerrard would have turned us into a middle or bottom rung premiership side. We'd be closer to the relegation battle than we would be to the european spaces.

We would have been 100% a selling club and we would not be able to put together the talent that we have now.

Some people might disagree but I fully agree that if Gerrard left, we would have dropped like a stone.

I convinced myself otherwise at the time of the two Chelsea summers - that a Baraja or Ballack or Essien would replace him with little enough difficulty.

Absolute FM bullshit in hindsight. We would have dropped out of the top four within a year or two without him. I'd wager that Rafa wouldn't still be here either.

All conjecture, but Gerrard's done a huge amount to cover some of Rafa's mistakes over the last few years.

179069.thumbnail.jpg

The phrase 'dirty darts' refers, I believe, to the practice of regarding - nay, using - the penis as a metaphorical dart, 'thrown,' if you will, at the metaphorical 'bull's eye' that is the woman's anus.

a.k.a. "hogging the trophy"?