You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transformers 2 - WANT!

dirty_sanchez

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you couldn't tell the robots apart, they all looked non-descript.

Also on Empire's site today to horrible pieces of news. One, Indy V looks to be a go according to Frank Marshall. Noooooooooo! Two, Chris Nolan may not do the next Batman movie. Noooooooooooooo!

I recently watched Transformers on Blu Ray and I have to say, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Much, much more than when I saw it at the flicks.

Big fucking robots blowing shit up and Megan Fox not wearing many clothes?

What's not to love? Bring on the sequel!!!

General: Mr. Bay, can you thnk of any idea how to outwit these terrorists?

Michael Bay: I believe I can. [the officials get their pens ready to write] We start... by making a big CG building and then we have a meteor go CROSSHH! [makes a diving motion with his left arm] and it, and it's all like CRAAWWWLL [simulates an explosion with his arms] a-and motorcycles burst into flame while they jump over these helicopters, right? [has his right hand go over his left arm like a motorcycle over a helicopter]

General: [firmly] No no! We need ideas how to stop the terrorists!

Michael Bay: An eighteen-wheeler spins out of control and it's all like BROSSHH [makes a crashing motion with his right hand] And then this huuuge tanker full of dyna- [launches into a series of explosions]

General: [fed up] Those aren't ideas, those are special effects!

Michael Bay: I... don't understand the difference.

Another reason why Indy V should not happen.

When George Lucas first approached Steven Spielberg for Raiders of the Lost Ark, Spielberg recalled, "George said if I directed the first one then I would have to direct a trilogy. He had three stories in mind. It turned out George did not have three stories in mind and we had to make up subsequent stories."

When George Lucas first approached Steven Spielberg for Raiders of the Lost Ark, Spielberg recalled, "George said if I directed the first one then I would have to direct a trilogy. He had three stories in mind. It turned out George did not have three stories in mind and we had to make up subsequent stories."

Oh dear. And presumably the first one (the piece of shit that we've already been subjected to) was the one he already had; the one with the most work gone into it; the best.

Oh dear. And presumably the first one (the piece of shit that we've already been subjected to) was the one he already had; the one with the most work gone into it; the best.

He made out that he three films in mind when they were doing Raiders, but he was lying and they struggled with an idea for Temple of Doom as a result. It's the same for Star Wars when he made out that A New Hope was always going to be the fourth in the saga, was it fuck.

He just does stuff on the fly, he has ideas and people sift out the volume of crap and distill the idea until it's workable.

He made out that he three films in mind when they were doing Raiders, but he was lying and they struggled with an idea for Temple of Doom as a result. It's the same for Star Wars when he made out that A New Hope was always going to be the fourth in the saga, was it fuck.

He just does stuff on the fly, he has ideas and people sift out the volume of crap and distill the idea until it's workable.

Right, I thought you meant he was talking about a new trilogy with the last shitfest being the first of three. Dear Satan; imagine that!

Right, I thought you meant he was talking about a new trilogy with the last shitfest being the first of three. Dear Satan; imagine that!

By the looks of it, it wil be.....

As for Snyder, his stab at Watchmen was pretty decent, but his stylistic movie making is not what we want on the new gritty Batman. Chris Nolan has a responsibility for his baby, and he shouldn't pass it on. Nolan - I'm watching you!

General: Mr. Bay, can you thnk of any idea how to outwit these terrorists?

Michael Bay: I believe I can. [the officials get their pens ready to write] We start... by making a big CG building and then we have a meteor go CROSSHH! [makes a diving motion with his left arm] and it, and it's all like CRAAWWWLL [simulates an explosion with his arms] a-and motorcycles burst into flame while they jump over these helicopters, right? [has his right hand go over his left arm like a motorcycle over a helicopter]

General: [firmly] No no! We need ideas how to stop the terrorists!

Michael Bay: An eighteen-wheeler spins out of control and it's all like BROSSHH [makes a crashing motion with his right hand] And then this huuuge tanker full of dyna- [launches into a series of explosions]

General: [fed up] Those aren't ideas, those are special effects!

Michael Bay: I... don't understand the difference.

Needs more slo-mo

Well to be fair, the original Indy & Star Wars trilogies turned out all right. They had the hunger to still make great films in the late 70's / early 80's - which the pretty much did.

Now they are just bloated, greedy versions for their former selves looking to send they're most bankable cash cow's out to pasture one last time.

Or in Lucas' case, his only cash cow's. Unless he's going to make a sequal to American Grafetti. Personally, I like he should release a 're-image' of Ed The Duck.