You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Rocky Film

Faustus

Favourite Rocky film...  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Rocky film...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Really?! I don't know if I should hate you or envy you. 

Get yourself 8 cans, a bottle of something decent and binge watch 1-5. 

Haha whatever, never appealed to me, I know some people like fantasy stuff and all that but not for me that type of thing. 

Nothing against it mind, I don't think I could binge watch anything apart from the Bold and the Beautiful for instance. 

You can't choreography boxing, anyway I don't drink at home so I'm off the ale for 4 weeks through no fault of my own and my shit is now getting more solid by the day. 

40 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Haha whatever, never appealed to me, I know some people like fantasy stuff and all that but not for me that type of thing. 

Nothing against it mind, I don't think I could binge watch anything apart from the Bold and the Beautiful for instance. 

You can't choreography boxing, anyway I don't drink at home so I'm off the ale for 4 weeks through no fault of my own and my shit is now getting more solid by the day. 

I've never heard Rocky films described as 'fantasy stuff' before.

The sequels are daft but enjoyable enough, the first film is a superb piece of cinema though & you should give it a go.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've never heard Rocky films described as 'fantasy stuff' before.

The sequels are daft but enjoyable enough, the first film is a superb piece of cinema though & you should give it a go.

Maybe fantasy is the wrong word, unrealistic it probably more apt. Obviously I've seen excerpts but I've thought nothing of it   I do like a good film though. 

It's like Star Wars and all that, how anyone can watch that is beyond me, never seen one and nor do I want to, that goes for Blockbusters in general. 

I prefer the action to be in the words, but as always each to their own. 

Plus I don't think I could handle Stallone grid and voice for that long, I could or would of handled his Ma though. 

• 5 months later...
44 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

A best boxing film poll would be good. There some brilliant boxing films. I image Raging Bull would win, but you never know.

Would it include documentary films? Because When We were Kings is hard to top.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Would it include documentary films? Because When We were Kings is hard to top.

When We Were Kings is fantastic. I saw it at the pictures in 1996. I wouldn’t include documentaries, purely because you get a finite amount of choices and there are, in my opinion, loads of very good/excellent boxing films.

• 2 years later...