You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United 'Southern fans' myth exploded once and for all

Newport

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worse when someone tries to affect a Scouse, or northern, accent. Then it's farcical. When they're just themselves it's fine. There're some great outoftowners - like that old dear from somewhere like Northampton who usually sits just to the left side of the dugouts more or less every home match - she's been travelling up for decades.

youse dead right there lid

There're some great outoftowners - like that old dear from somewhere like Northampton who usually sits just to the left side of the dugouts more or less every home match - she's been travelling up for decades.

I know someone who's related to her. She's red through-and-through. Apparently Michael Owen used to make a point of speaking to her at games.

I support Liverpool when my nearest clubs are either Leicester or Peterborough.

I was born in Liverpool.

My kids were born in Kettering but they will support Liverpool.

Sorry, but this whole 'look where he lives' shite is just that. Shite.

A red fan is welcome wherever they're from. I suspect it's exactly the same for other clubs*.

EDIT: *Except maybe Milwall or Leeds.

and if your kids write articles saying most Liverpool fans come from Anfield then let slip that they are from kettering then they'll get laughed at for the blatant hypocracy.

Its not funny just because he's an ooter, its funny becuase he's an ooter who implys that there are no manc ooters.

Is right, they still have pro evo and i went a couple of months back and between 5 and 8 o clock it's 2 for 1 on Tiger beer bottles, was awesome...

Get in!!!

I'll get my mate to knock off work early and get his arse over there so we can get wasted and I can kick his arse at Pro Evo.

Fair dos it's not like i'm in a position to tell people what to say anyway. My bird hates me saying 'Turkey burger' cos she says i sound like i'm about to drown in my own phlegm. That 'Liverpawl' thing is just a little pet hate of mine.

;)

No probs mate, no offence taken.

I lived in Ashton(-in-Makerfield) for 23 years and always supported Liverpool. No-one supported Wigan when i was a kid cos they won fuck all. I don't like it, but unless your family support the local side then there's no appeal in doing the same when you're a little kid. Although, conversely, my dad supports the shite!

Yep, i've always thought that. I reckon i probably only started supporting Liverpool ( when i was 7 or 8, 1987-88 ) because they were always winning and more prominent in the media. And i'm sure our victories would mean even more to me if i was a scouser and me and my family had always lived in Liverpool. I do feel less a part of the club because of it, which sucks, even though i know i'll support Liverpool forever.

Someone hold me while i weep. :(

I know a few lads up there and I appreciate the position you are all in not being a major city, but don't slag the locals off

Wigan, Warrington, Chester and any little place in between Manchester and Liverpool are very weird.

You will find amongst a bunch of mates there could be Liverpool, Everton and Man Utd fans, it's fucking bizarre.

Very true, I know one whoppa who puts a manc accent on though

I went for a Night out in Ashton once with some lad I used to work with who was from there.

It is truly a bizarre place and the locals are fucking strange. I think if scientists studied them they would discover that they are a different species of Humanoid than ourselves.

A local sightseeing hotspot was a Car park where Kim Marsh was impregnated. Seriously, they went to great lengths to show me the spot.

Widnes is the worst. Much closer to Liverpool, yet there's a real hatred of scousers and closer bond with Manchester. I've seen hoardes of Manc tops in Widnes.

I know one lad who along with his facebook cronies rips into scousers, he supports the mancs and is proud of it. He is from Runcorn. Jesus wept, someone from there taking the piss out of us.

I went for a Night out in Ashton once with some lad I used to work with who was from there.

It is truly a bizarre place and the locals are fucking strange. I think if scientists studied them they would discover that they are a different species of Humanoid than ourselves.

A local sightseeing hotspot was a Car park where Kim Marsh was impregnated. Seriously, they went to great lengths to show me the spot.

I have one really good mate up there and a few of his mates I get on with really well. I think they are a decent bunch up there expect for the wannabe mancs.

The one thing I hate is lads from the Ashton/Wigan area who supports the Mancs and hate the city of Liverpool. It just annoys me that they forget where they live.

Widnes is the worst. Much closer to Liverpool, yet there's a real hatred of scousers and closer bond with Manchester. I've seen hoardes of Manc tops in Widnes.

In these towns a manc shirt is worn like a scouse-hating banner.

As a scouser who's spent a lot of time in these towns though, I do feel their pain, there is nothing quite as embarassing as a plazie scouser from Runcorn strutting around your local thinking he's hard and talking with an extreme case of ESD (Exagerated Scouse Disorder)

One a dem beers dere kid!

Even I often feel like shouting "Fuck off back to Castlefields!"

It's even worse when they hear your accent and attempt to reach out to you with some kind of brotherly bond as if we all have to stick together - and that only together - will we rule.

Bury is where the real Mancunians come from. Gary Neville says so. It's like Georgia giving Russia Stalin, and Austria giving Germany Hitler.

In these towns a manc shirt is worn like a scouse-hating banner.

As a scouser who's spent a lot of time in these towns though, I do feel their pain, there is nothing quite as embarassing as a plazie scouser from Runcorn strutting around your local thinking he's hard and talking with an extreme case of ESD (Exagerated Scouse Disorder)

One a dem beers dere kid!

Even I often feel like shouting "Fuck off back to Castlefields!"

It's even worse when they hear your accent and attempt to reach out to you with some kind of brotherly bond as if we all have to stick together - and that only together - will we rule.

I wonder if Mancs feel the same about lads from surrounding areas putting on the accent and pretending to be mancs. My mate had a fall out with a group of lads who were acting up at the footy, at first they come across as scousers when they were really from Skem.

Bury is where the real Mancunians come from. Gary Neville says so. It's like Georgia giving Russia Stalin, and Austria giving Germany Hitler.

Makes sense - that's the level I equate the Gary Neville with.

Agree about Widnes - and Sankey - strange place, strange people.