You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United 'Southern fans' myth exploded once and for all

Newport

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born in Oxford Street Hospital, I grew up in Childwall and I now live in Huyton.

I was born in the same Hospital as John Lennon and could of been on the same ward as he was.

Shoots... Scores... Collects Trophy.

I was born in Oxford Street too! Me and you might have played together as kids.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Born in Fazackerly Hospital on 17th December and in my newborn state I managed to fake paralysed vocal chords and a narrow trachea, which meant that I was rushed to Alder Hey for a Tracheostemy just in time for the annual Christmas visit from the LFC squad at the time

Hence the scar on my throat and my Baron Greenbackesque wisp

Now THAT is fucking dedication motherfuckers

Doesn't bother me cos i still get the match. Just out of interst, how did you come you support us?

Many years ago, I was a trainee with Luton, the days of the plastic pitch, etc, etc, and I used to get free tickets to games.

Liverpool were by far the and away the best team to play there.

Fell in love with Rushy, Molby, et al, ain't looked back since.

There's been lots of bad times, but just recently more good times.

Unluckily for me, our 19 year "itch" started around the time I started supporting us, so times have been hard, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Many years ago, I was a trainee with Luton, the days of the plastic pitch, etc, etc, and I used to get free tickets to games.

Unluckily for me, our 19 year "itch" started around the time I started supporting us, so times have been hard, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Jinx!!!!!!!!;)

Fair enough. I went to Luton uni and only lasted a week cos i hated it. If supporting Liverpool brings you a ray of sunshine then good luck to you.

However, if you've got a strong southern accent you should swerve shouting 'Carm own Liverpawl!' cos it sounds very bad.

Fair enough. I went to Luton uni and only lasted a week cos i hated it. If supporting Liverpool brings you a ray of sunshine then good luck to you.

However, if you've got a strong southern accent you should swerve shouting 'Carm own Liverpawl!' cos it sounds very bad.

Luton is a shite hole. End of, luckily I don't live there.

Apparently I sound like a cock-knee, but I normally only sing the songs, and don't shout abuse, etc, so that know one knows I'm a cock-knee.;)

That plastic pitch is a good example of the extra hassle managers have these days. Kenny developed such a complex about that pitch he'd moan more and more about it, and we often struggled playing on it, but then we all moved on. Now his comments would be repeated over and over and over again, those idiot hacks on Sky would pour scorn on it on the following Sunday, Keys would bring it up for weeks on end, there'd be online polls and furious forum discussions about 'why doesn't he shut up and get on with it?' The obsessive hype we get today really pollutes our perspective.

That plastic pitch is a good example of the extra hassle managers have these days. Kenny developed such a complex about that pitch he'd moan more and more about it, and we often struggled playing on it, but then we all moved on. Now his comments would be repeated over and over and over again, those idiot hacks on Sky would pour scorn on it on the following Sunday, Keys would bring it up for weeks on end, there'd be online polls and furious forum discussions about 'why doesn't he shut up and get on with it?' The obsessive hype we get today really pollutes our perspective.

why is he moaning about it - it's the same for everybody, top teams should be able to play on any surface, he's undermining our confidence......

Yep, around there.

I used to live in the Font when I was at Uni as my department was on Hope Street and the Font used to have Pro Evolution on the big screen to play on whilst getting pissed.

Good times.

I remember when they had Galaxian - and before that - well before that - a jukebox!

Jumpers for goalposts, germolened knees, flushing toilets - marvellous, isn't it?

The Asians that follow us are purely because we were the most succesful team in the world at the time and because we were regularly on TV. The Asian influx in Britains population in the 70's and 80's also had something to do with it too.

And John Barnes.

A lot young black kids support Arsenal because of Thierry Henry.

Luton is a shite hole. End of, luckily I don't live there.

Apparently I sound like a cock-knee, but I normally only sing the songs, and don't shout abuse, etc, so that know one knows I'm a cock-knee.;)

Fair dos it's not like i'm in a position to tell people what to say anyway. My bird hates me saying 'Turkey burger' cos she says i sound like i'm about to drown in my own phlegm. That 'Liverpawl' thing is just a little pet hate of mine.

I remember when they had Galaxian - and before that - well before that - a jukebox!

Jumpers for goalposts, germolened knees, flushing toilets - marvellous, isn't it?

I'm going to go there on Friday Afternoon for old times sake and get fucking smashed.

It will be great.

It's worse when someone tries to affect a Scouse, or northern, accent. Then it's farcical. When they're just themselves it's fine. There're some great outoftowners - like that old dear from somewhere like Northampton who usually sits just to the left side of the dugouts more or less every home match - she's been travelling up for decades.