You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Celtic V Rangers Tomorrow: Predictions

The Celtic Way

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be watching tomorrow as I consider Celtic my 2nd team ( since Hillsborough particularly )

I will be looking for a solid victory , & if secured , I would think that is more or less that for the title.

5 points clear Rog, if we win, in saying that we went 7 pts clear when we beat them last at their own midden. Thought it was all over then ! I, like you think a good link ( between the fans anyway ) after Hillsborough, was formed. Always had a soft spot for Liverpool since those days.

I'm not being funny mate, I think that one was THE worst game I've ever seen and I've seen some tripe in my time. I religiously (bad choice of word!) watch the Old Firm games because they're normally entertaining and I love the passion but that last one was so dreary.

Ironically enough, there probably won't be a better goal in the SPL this season than the one that won that game.

I'm not being funny mate, I think that one was THE worst game I've ever seen and I've seen some tripe in my time. I religiously (bad choice of word!) watch the Old Firm games because they're normally entertaining and I love the passion but that last one was so dreary.

Ironically enough, there probably won't be a better goal in the SPL this season than the one that won that game.

Sitting right behind it, might have had a sex wee when it hit the back of the net. I think tomorrow could be very tasty, the build up to game has seen all sorts of rumours about Boruc, think we will be right up for this. A good hard challenge in the first few minutes should set the tone. One bad tackle away from a riot. TBH, the quality on show isn't what it used to be, gone are the days of the Larssons ( god ) etc, so what we lack in skill, we have to make up with grit and hunger.

Sitting right behind it, might have had a sex wee when it hit the back of the net. I think tomorrow could be very tasty, the build up to game has seen all sorts of rumours about Boruc, think we will be right up for this. A good hard challenge in the first few minutes should set the tone. One bad tackle away from a riot. TBH, the quality on show isn't what it used to be, gone are the days of the Larssons ( god ) etc, so what we lack in skill, we have to make up with grit and hunger.

There's definitely been a decrease in quality.

Though the straits be broad and narrow, we'll follow we will,

Follow we will, Follow we will.

Though the straits be broad and narrow, we'll follow we will,

We will follow in the footsteps of our team. [God bless them]

Follow follow, we will follow Rangers,

Everywhere, anywhere,

We will follow on,

To Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen and back again,

If they go to Dublin we will follow on.

For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers,

No not one, and there never shall be one,

Celtic know all about their troubles,

We will fight till the day is done.

For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers,

No not one, and there never shall be one!

What do I think? I think Rangers will win possibly 0 - 1 or 1 - 2 OR it will be a rip roaring 2 - 2 draw maybe.

Why? Because Rangers HAVE to win, Celtic WANT to Win, there's a difference. Rangers have a VERY good record in such games recently; And don't forget, Rangers will also be out for blood to avenge probably the worst Old Firm game I've ever seen with truly pathetic excuses for passing on both sides, tons of hoofing and a lot of hacking going on. I speak of the debacle before Christmas of course that was Rangers 0 -1 Celtic.

So, although I don't like either of them (Rangers as they gave us Souness in 1991 and we all know what happened then and Celtic because they're arrogant f*ckers who think they're better than they are), I think Rangers will win.....................

PS And then shoot themselves in the foot in one of their next 3 League Matches.

BTW - I never used to have a problem with either side but recently, Celtic have reminded me so much of a Scottish version of United, that's it become annoying and something about Rangers just annoys me full stop. Having said that as my Grandad's Scots and my mum's half Scots (both from Edinburgh) and supported Rangers in these huge football battles up there then I suppose I'll have to go with Rangers if pressed to support one.

I do think Celtic were very kind to us on 30th April 1989 in the Memorial match. It was a touching gesture and not to be forgotten. Thank you for that Celtic. BTW, the Celtic Way - I agreed with you and thought it was all over after that last debacle of a game in December, wasn't though was it? God knows what'll happen next and I also agree with you on the point that the quality in Scotland has gone to the dogs recently - Where on earth are the new Larssons etc?

Every other Saturday's my half day off

And it's off to the match I go,

Happily we wander down the Paisley Road

Me and my wee pal Jock,

We love to see the lassies with their blue scarfs on,

We love to hear the boys all roar,

But I don't have to tell that the best of all,

We love to see the Rangers score,

Me oh me oh me oh my, Oh how we love to see them try,

We love to see the lassies with their blue scarfs on,

We love to hear the boys all roar,

But I don't have to tell you that the best of all,

We love to see the Rangers score,

We've won the Scottish league about a thousand times

The Glasgow is as simple too,

We gave some exhibitions in the Scottish cup,

We gave some Wembley wizards too,

And when the Rangers win the European Cup,

As we've done with the one before,

We'll gather round at Ibrox park 100,000 strong,

And give the boys an Ibrox roar.

As I was walking doon the Copland Road,

I met a bunch 'o' strangers,

They said to me, you going to see,

The famous Glasgow Rangers.

So I took them up to Ibrox Park,

To see the flags unfurl,

After that display they had to say

They're the champions of the world.

Some people they sing songs about

The land that they adore

And some of how they fought and won

Their countries greatest wars,

Some others still seem quite content

To use another theme,

But I can sing a song about

A famous football team

As I was walking doon the Copland Road,

I met a bunch 'o' strangers,

They said to me, you going to see,

The famous Glasgow Rangers.

New Year Bells had been ringing,

All of Scotland was singing,

The old year had died,

And the new had been born.

As the news of disaster

From Ibrox came spreading,

The news that would cause

A whole nation to mourn

Two great goals had been scored,

In the last dying moments.

Jimmy Johnstone for Celtic,

For Rangers’ young Stein.

Their supporters all cheered them,

With voices of thunder,

Unknowing what waited on staircase 13

66 people died

Some in flower of their manhood,

When the fences gave way

And the barriers bent,

Seasoned Glasgow policemen their faces all tearstained,

With brave efforts, endeavoured far worse to prevent.

All of Glasgow enjoined,

For the first time in history.

In the Glasgow cathedral no Billy’s, no Dan’s

But the Old Firm united to pray for their victims,

Of a tragedy set in the memory of man.

New Year Bells had been ringing,

All of Scotland was singing,

The old year had died,

And the new had been born.

As the news of disaster

From Ibrox came spreading,

The news that would cause