You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England

Bob

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Scouse.

Righto.

I am of English (Scouse) descent and have lived in England for 15 years and I still find the 'I'm not English, I am Scouse/Manc/Cornish..etc' attitude a little odd..

Have you travelled much Tom? Geniune question and not meant to be condescending. if people start to bag England in any way, do you find yourself joining in?

The lack of interest in England for me is not a 'scouse' thing. I've never mixed politics with sport in that way, it's to do with the whole circus that surrounds the national team these days, from the gobshite fans and overhyped players to the media circus and constant manager merry go round.

I'll still support them in the big games and major tournaments but there's no real passion for it.

Righto.

I am of English (Scouse) descent and have lived in England for 15 years and I still find the 'I'm not English, I am Scouse/Manc/Cornish..etc' attitude a little odd..

Have you travelled much Tom? Geniune question and not meant to be condescending. if people start to bag England in any way, do you find yourself joining in?

The reason why Scousers feel that way goes back to the Thatcher Government and the way a lot of people got well and truly screwed over. The attitudes of people from around the Country towards Scousers can be fucking terrible as well.

The rest of the country hates us, have a look at the Guardian blogs on Michael Sheilds and you will see what I mean.

I enjoyed euro 96, then became ambivalent until 2002 where I started to dislike them and since 2004, and the Gerrard tapping up I despise them.

The fans, the team, the FA, the stupid fucking official world cup songs, Frank fucking Skinner, the Media, grown men who wear England shirts, those stupid fucking flags, the St George flag with team names!!! having to watch Sam Allardyce on ITV, Wimberleee stadium, southern gobshites, northern twats, country bumpkins and pricks from the midlands, the National Anthem (god bless the german twat), the Dambusters theme tune, Rodney Marsh, 5live, and the constant, constant Everton players who should play for England, ifitwasntforthebiastowardsthebigclubs

The only thing worse than England fans, are the ones who go on about how much they hate England.

Seriously, you sound like fucking bitters.

I have had to listen to England up and down the country for the past 15 years, 'in your Liverpool slums' being just one of the little ditties we have had to put up with, nothing at all to do with being bitter, they dont like us and I am past caring as to why, I take it you are around about 20? give yourself another fews year then criticise

I have had to listen to England up and down the country for the past 15 years, 'in your Liverpool slums' being just one of the little ditties we have had to put up with, nothing at all to do with being bitter, they dont like us and I am past caring as to why, I take it you are around about 20? give yourself another fews year then criticise

I have to go to meetings around the Country and some of the attitudes displayed towards Scousers are disgraceful. I've had little snide comments aimed at me before but have had to just bite my lip because it was important that we had a decent resolution for work.

One thing I've noticed when I'm abroad, English people want to be your friend and don't start with the Scouse stuff but back over here it really takes the piss.

I have to go to meetings around the Country and some of the attitudes displayed towards Scousers are disgraceful. I've had little snide comments aimed at me before but have had to just bite my lip because it was important that we had a decent resolution for work.

One thing I've noticed when I'm abroad, English people want to be your friend and don't start with the Scouse stuff but back over here it really takes the piss.

I've only ever come across light-hearted banter towards Scousers - never genuine animosity - and you seriously cannot be offended by oppo fans taunts can you?

I've only ever come across light-hearted banter towards Scousers - never genuine animosity - and you seriously cannot be offended by oppo fans taunts can you?

I'm not bothered about footy related banter but when it's got nothing to do with football and your still getting the snide comments, some of which are very nasty, I lose all sense of national pride.

Manchester is surprisingly not bad and I've never really experienced much abuse there and can happily go for a night out there but the further South you go, the more nasty the attitudes get.

The amount of times I've heard Scousers referred to as scum in London is fucking disgraceful.

No question Liverpool are more important, but it is sad to see so many people despise the national side. Why? 'Cus our players risk injury or burn out? I get genuine pride from seeing our players strutt their stuff on the international stage, against the best the rest of the planet can put up.

And if UEFA get their way, before long we will need to employ the best of Englishment if we wanna remain a force in Europe. Martin O'Neill has been very clever.

I agree with you there barnesey, although i admit my interest has wained since the 2006 WC , watching us pathetically bottle that penalty shoot out again hacked me off no end, i dont expect anything from England no more but would love us to actually do something.

Im sure a there are a fair few on here that just jump on the bandwagon with the rest giving it the 'i could'nt give a flying fuck blah blah etc....'its the popular thing to do round here.

If we were successful we would'nt here none of this couldnt care less about england stuff, almost glory hunter like, plus the media are a joke when it comes to England and that just pisses everyone off no end ,but theres no reason to dislike the team because of it is there?

The night out i had in Bournemouth when we beat Germany at euro2000 was mental, one of the best nights ,no bullshit from anyone just pure buzzing, going mental and having a quality time, thats what its all about.

I bet if we got to the semi final / final in 2010 there would be a change of attitude from people, if your English and we were there in the world cup final would you anti Englanders really be saying what you say now? i doubt it very much.

I'm not bothered about footy related banter but when it's got nothing to do with football and your still getting the snide comments, some of which are very nasty, I lose all sense of national pride.

Manchester is surprisingly not bad and I've never really experienced much abuse there and can happily go for a night out there but the further South you go, the more nasty the attitudes get.

The amount of times I've heard Scousers referred to as scum in London is fucking disgraceful.

I lived in London for 10 years and never came across one person who referred to Scousers as scum, even when football came up. And I worked with enough fecking Arsenal fans.. People only ever had good things to say about Liverpool and it's inhabitants. I now live in the Midlands and am finding the same attitude towards Liverpool here.

t's due to my own experiences that I find your view strange. But I daresay if I had heard what you have obviously heard in London, maybe I wouldn't be questioning it so much!

I lived in London for 10 years and never came across one person who referred to Scousers as scum, even when football came up. And I worked with enough fecking Arsenal fans. People only ever had good things to say about Liverpool and it's inhabitants. I now live in the Midlands and am finding the same attitude towards Liverpool here.

Hmmm...

I lived in London for 10 years and never came across one person who referred to Scousers as scum, even when football came up. And I worked with enough fecking Arsenal fans.. People only ever had good things to say about Liverpool and it's inhabitants. I now live in the Midlands and am finding the same attitude towards Liverpool here.

t's due to my own experiences that I find your view strange. But I daresay if I had heard what you have obviously heard in London, maybe I wouldn't be questioning it so much!

I've got family who live in London and despite being Scousers they all have Cockney accents. I went down recently for a night out and was telling them before hand that I dislike going out around London because of the previous experiences I've had. They were surprised and said they never hear any Scouse abuse.

By the end of the night I had one cunt start on me because of my accent and a few other passed comment for no reason. My Cousin nearly kicked someone's head in when he heard one of the comments that I missed and agreed that there was a fair bit of shit for no reason.

As I said though, the strange thing is when you're abroad and everyone wants to be mates with the Scousers. It's very strange.

I was going out with a bird from Kent who I met in Ibiza a few years back whilst working there and when she told her mates back home where I was from they were all warning her to be careful 'because you hear all those stories about Scousers'.

As I said though, the strange thing is when you're abroad and everyone wants to be mates with the Scousers. It's very strange.

Surely that, if nothing else, tells you the whole thing is not that serious.

Scousers/Liverpool do seem to be the butt of a few jokes but every country seems to have one of those regions/places..

Surely that, if nothing else, tells you the whole thing is not that serious.

Scousers/Liverpool do seem to be the butt of a few jokes but every country seems to have one of those regions/places..

Nope, it tells me that they only give passports to decent people.

Seriously though, there is only one way you're going to take being called scum. A lot of people genuinely do have a hatred of all things Scouse and I honestly don't get it.

The Scouse jokes wear very thin as well when you hear the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. Come up with something original and I'll laugh, come out with the same old Hubcap/Thieve/scruff/poverty/dole jokes and bore me to death.

Seriously though, there is only one way you're going to take being called scum. A lot of people genuinely do have a hatred of all things Scouse and I honestly don't get it.

Have you ever challenged anyone you have come across on why they hate all things Scouse? What did they say?

Surely there is no rational reasoning behind it.

And give me one good reason why having our players play international football is a good thing. Just one.

The only one I can think of is that, if there's an international approaching, then they may just up their game for us. That's it. There are NO other benefits.

It robs them of rest. It means extensive travel. It means difernt training methods (going from zonal to man marking etc) which can disrupt upon return to club football. The standard of football is considerably lower than that in our own league, with the exception of one game every few years, where they're usuallly given a fucking lesson anyway and don't even compete. The injuries. The gobshite fans. The media pressure....

need I really go on??

Modern International football exists SOLELY to give people who support teams like Grimsby something to cheer about.

I'll give you one good thing. Good, exciting, intrigueing games during international competitions, when there is fuck all football to enjoy once every 2 years.

You seem to start ranting about international football, but then just go back into england bashing. You get all of those same problems with players playing for any nation, and players playing for their country is of benefit to us because they are therefore high class players.

This is why my initial point seemed a valid question. International football does exist, it will continue to exist, we will always demand players of international quality, so wouldnt you prefer for more of them to be english, and therefore allow you to take more enjoyment from england matches?

Have you ever challenged anyone you have come across on why they hate all things Scouse? What did they say?

Surely there is no rational reasoning behind it.

I did at first and they either told you fuck off, got aggressive with me, or came out with some shit about being thieves, layabouts and untrustworthy.

I don't bother any more as it's pointless. I just let it go over my head.

As I said earlier though, the most surprising thing is how sound people usually are in Manchester. Sure they have a shite team and supporters but I've never had any problems around there be it working or on a night out. Maybe it has something to do with North-South divide.

I honestly think some people down South still think we are yet to discover electricity up here. Some of the views are so distorted it's piss your pants funny.

And it's not like the cockneys aren't stereotyped in the same way by northerners. Does anyone remember the Smarties joke doing the rounds after the kings cross tube fire?

There are trogs everywhere, don't give them the credit of letting it get to you.

But that's not why I hate Ingurlund. I hate them mostly because of the mentality of teh fans and because I simply can not and will not ever get behind shitbags like John Terry and Fwank Lumplard.

I'd rather saw of my own cock with a rusty spoon.

A-fuckin-men

Quite sad but my FB status last night was something like "Andy is wearing his Spain shirt. Fuck of Ingurlund". I got loads of stick for that. Most people outside of Merseyside just don't get it. Being at Uni i know loads of lads from around the country and they think im outrageous for my view, they dont understand it at all. My responses where :

Ingurlund is for southerners and small clubs fans from small insignificant inbred towns to have their big day out watching decent players and travelling the world as their own clubs will never get that opportunity

insignificant distraction. no mark team, no mark neanderthal cave dwelling fans. shite

Bullshit, why would i want to chear for London FC? Fuck that

Id rather concentrate my efforts on supporting a club who doesnt boo their own players when they touch the ball, who doesnt have classless inbred fucks booing national anthems, who doesnt spend most of the match singing about the germans and the IRA, who doesnt feel they have to trash up wich ever foriegn city they visit, who doesnt sing shite like "your not signing any more" "who are ya" and "eassssy easssyy".

I cant relate to any of that

That sums up my views on Ingurlund. Less Liverpool players in the squad the better. Ill be delighted the day i wake up and find out Stevie's fucked the knuckle dragging cave dwellers off too.