Shanks 1965

Risse or Dossena????

Dossena has clearly improved as the season has progressed. Quite slowly, I suppose but I think coming from Italy, to the Prem is difficult as the leagues are the most contrasting of all the top leagues in Europe.

He's working hard, he's lost weight, and does extra training sessions in an attempt to make himself more capable in the League.

I can't fault the lad, to be honest.

Dossena has clearly improved as the season has progressed. Quite slowly, I suppose but I think coming from Italy, to the Prem is difficult as the leagues are the most contrasting of all the top leagues in Europe.

He's working hard, he's lost weight, and does extra training sessions in an attempt to make himself more capable in the League.

I can't fault the lad, to be honest.

He was also playing as a wing back in Italy I believe , so you can understand the problems caused by going into a full back role in a back 4 as well as a different league at the same time.

Certainly worth seeing how he goes to the end of the season at least.

Dossena haven't been that good, but I think that he's got a potential to be better than he is, and therefore be better than Riise.

Riise couldn't be better, and he just got worse and never developed more. He stagnated.

I believe Rafa believes in Dossena, as he's not shipped out yet. I don't miss Riise at all, I think he made our team worse when he was playing.

We have seen Riise at his best and that wasn't good enough, we don't know with Dossenna yet.

If we get a marauding right back then our formation and personnel may change allowing him to flourish.

If not we have to wait for him to come good, he has been getting better lately.